PDA

View Full Version : EVERY MEMBER PLEASE READ THIS (TAYLOR DUCKS)

keep_it_real
09-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Last night I watched the single most classless move ever in my life. Rockdale coughed up around 4 turnovers. At the end of the third quarter Taylor was up 35-0. Their coach left in the starters and went for it on 4th down twice. Then they scored and went for 2, then kicked an onside kick. In the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left he pulls his starters and puts some other guys in, but still goes for it on 4th down about 5 more times. These were not 4th and 1 either, I'm talking about 4th and 9, 4th and 13. I really started to respect our coach and our guys after that. After the game Coach Creghan still went up to that man and shook his hand and conversated with him. I saw the look in our guys eyes. It was tough.

SintonFan
09-20-2003, 12:09 PM
jeeeeezzzz....
not much can be said about that except "no class"...

HotDawg89
09-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Sounds a lot like our game last night-- but at least Coach Shipley had the decency to take out the big guns after the 1st half. (I felt more like they should have come out after the first 8 minutes or so!)

That's a real shame that happenned! Tell th ose kids not to get down- moves like that build character!

BrahmaMom
09-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Sounds like classless on one side and first class on the other! It's a tough way to build character, but might as well use it for a good lesson of what NOT to do!

trojandad
09-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Can't think of any reason to do that. I thought maybe he might have been going for the 4th down plays in order to not pin your guys further back with a punt, especially if they weren't 4th and 1, but that still doesn't sound kosher.

3afan
09-21-2003, 04:53 PM
lets not be so quick to condemn this coach/program based on what you 'think' you saw ... not that you're seeing things, but unless you know the reasons, etc., then all you can do is speculate. Taylor has a respected program and a respected coach so someting funny must have been up. so, like i said, unless you KNOW the facts dont be so quick to judge.

tigerSville_04
09-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Well thats happened to us before, but what can you say, Its football.

Chris Hart
09-21-2003, 08:44 PM
3afan:
lets not be so quick to condemn this coach/program based on what you 'think' you saw ... not that you're seeing things, but unless you know the reasons, etc., then all you can do is speculate. Taylor has a respected program and a respected coach so someting funny must have been up. so, like i said, unless you KNOW the facts dont be so quick to judge.LOL, hmmmmmmm

Although it does sound like good advice.

keep_it_real
09-21-2003, 10:04 PM
I don't think Taylor has a respectable coach. He is a foul man. Not because of what happened to us but because he has done this in the past to many teams in which he didn't see eye to eye with the opposing coach. I've talked to other teams players and coaches this has happened ever since hes been there. I think he is a modern day nazi.

crimson blood
09-21-2003, 10:49 PM
the old saying "what goes around comes around" is still true.
some time back i was part of a brand new program and had a piece of work call time out with about 10 ticks on the 1st half clock. he already had a shutout going and a 30 + lead against a bunch of kids that had not scored that season. next play was a play action pass to score. :mad:
this year the tables were turned with a shutout on our side. the seniors were part of that embarrassing time. :p
oh yeah, that coach had been relieved last year for philosophies inconsistant with the school. would have been nice to see his face but seemed nicer that he was not teaching young men his way of thinking. :)

whtfbplaya
09-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Brazosport(4a) scored on Wharton with 8 seconds left and a 30 point lead.