PDA

View Full Version : CELINA A 26 POINT DOG!WOW

cc700
11-17-2003, 09:41 AM
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME A LITTLE ABOUT GILMER.THERE SPEED WHERE THERE STRONG AND WEAK.COLLIER SHARP HAS THEM BY 26.DOSE CELINA HAVE ANY CHANCE TO WIN?

MonkeyJoe
11-17-2003, 09:54 AM
Celina has a chance...but its a very small chance.
i dont see them winning this game, not after the way Gilmer manhandled D-field last week.

PPHSfan
11-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Gilmer is favored in this game as they should be. I don't think they will do Celina the way they did Daingerfield (a game that I called by the way :D ). Celina will be ready for them, and they should have all of their weapons (unlike the Gainesville game when they were missing 3 starters). I am going to pick Gilmer to win 24 to 17 but if there was ever a chance for an upset this week, this game has the best chance. IMEO<<<<< That stands for In My Expert Opinion. :p

Who Is Your Daddy? :D

WinnRRfan
11-17-2003, 12:13 PM
I have never seen Celina play, and I don't know what kind of speed they have. We played Gilmer this year and the team speed they have is amazing. They have so many weapons. They have 3, maybe even 4 players who can go to a D-1 college on offense. McKenzie can beat you with his feet and arm. Hines , their running back,is healthy again and back to his old form. They're recieving corps is pretty good also. #7 is one of the best receivers for yards after catch I have ever seen. I went to the game they played Dangerfield,and their defense has definitely improved. If Celina wants to win, they better score at least 30 points, because they won't stop Gilmer.

surfspike
11-17-2003, 01:12 PM
I watched the Celina/Commerce game and wasn't impressed by Celina at all. Sure they won, but almost every play seemed kinda sloppy. I think the celina QB had more rushing yrds than the running back.

I see Gilmer putting a 26 pt gap between them.

BigRedfan
11-17-2003, 02:38 PM
Gilmer is one of the best 3a teams I have seen in many years. They are the "real deal" this year.

blue4ever
11-17-2003, 04:16 PM
They are definitely for real. They left us in the dust. I just don't see how you are gonna stop them.

DarkWing
11-17-2003, 04:41 PM
My son (Bobcat Player) went to the Gilmer / Daingerfield game. He came away from this game with a lot of respect for the Gilmer team.

Buckeye80
11-17-2003, 06:50 PM
I'm sure everyone noticed that I was gone and missed me! :D I had to go down to Rockport this weekend to look at some work. Anyway, the Daingerfield game was certainly a pleasant surprise for me, and I applaud the amount of class shown by the Daingerfield players and fans after the game. As for the Celina game, I promise you Celina fans that Gilmer travels better than Commerce did, so you will have a "cross-field" rival on Friday night.
My take on the upcoming game is this. I went to the Celina/Commerce game on Thursday, and I have never seen a team play like the Bobcats. Literally, it's like 3-4 yards a play with those guys. They are excellent at slowing games down to their pace, which could be an advantage against an explosive offense like Gilmer has. Seeing their team though, I would have to agree that 26 is probably about right as far as predictions would go. But, these are the games you should worry about. Celina is not 10-1 for no reason, so the Buckeyes had better come to play.
I'll call this one
Gilmer 37
Celina 16
And just for my two cents worth, I think Sulphur Springs would have been a much better venue (travel-wise).

mr.leopard man
11-17-2003, 08:01 PM
celina was missing one starter in gainesville game not three.. and also if the qb would have played it would not of helped he doesnt play defense...

eye of the tiger
11-17-2003, 08:20 PM
I can't see Celina losing by 26 points to anybody. I think Gilmer is the stronger team, but bigger upsets happen. A whole bunch of me wants to pick Celina but I think Gilmer may just have too much for that to happen. Gilmer in a close one.

PPHSfan
11-17-2003, 08:25 PM
poor mr.leopard man, he just can't stand it that this post is about Celina and Gilmer, not about Gainesville, and he just can't stand the fact that a game that was played six weeks ago is just not important anymore. :p

sharpie
11-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Gilmer is definitley for real! They beat a good Dangerfield team easily. They are currently ranked #1 on the Collier Sharp over Burnet. I don't know how that happened, but they can definitley play!

Chief Woodman
11-17-2003, 10:12 PM
eye of the tiger:
I can't see Celina losing by 26 points to anybody. I think Gilmer is the stronger team, but bigger upsets happen. A whole bunch of me wants to pick Celina but I think Gilmer may just have too much for that to happen. Gilmer in a close one.Gainesville 44 Celina 14...Still can't see it happening?

Ranger05
11-17-2003, 10:19 PM
I think Gilmer will win this game 45 to 10