PDA

View Full Version : Best 3A Quarterbacks and Receivers?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Who do you think will be the best Quarterbacks and Receivers this season????

BUDDY
07-23-2003, 06:18 PM
The kid from Burnet is good, I also saw the kid from Greenwood and Daingerfield square off in the state semi's last year; they are both tremendous athletes. The Daingerfield kid Q.B., FS, Punter, & Kicker. If they heave another good season he could be a strong candidate for 3A MVP.

Matthew328
07-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Burnet prolly has both the best QB and WR

the tigers are back
07-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Well? i guess i got to go with bellville jess b. and the lil g no. 14. What a match... i really beleive when those guys are on the same page the a very dangerous. :mad:

District303aPastPlayer
07-23-2003, 09:51 PM
the kid from sinton, Ramirez, should grow into a good QB.. he's still young, it will be nice to see what he can do against 2A Refugio on Aug. 11.

Rabbit'93
07-24-2003, 12:08 AM
I think Burnet has the top duo in state....maybe on any level.

BrahmaMom
07-24-2003, 07:40 AM
I may be biased, but the Buenger-Goeke connection in Bellville is fun to watch, successful, too. The Brahmas should have a good season and some fun!

Bellville22
07-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Probably not alot of question that McGee/Shipley is the top duo in 3A, probably the state, and one of the tops in the nation. I watched McGee throw at the 7-7 Championships, very fluid and effortless, and this kid sees the whole field. Shipley lacks size but has great speed and agility, and is a tremendous route-runner.

Buenger from Bellville is another of the top field generals in the state. Lacks size, but looks to be faster than last year, and still has the same great arm attached to his right shoulder. Great visibility considering his size, very smart, and great instincts. Goeke is his favorite reciever now that the sure-handed Ford is gone, but look for some guys to step up and for Buenger to spread it around this year.

DOGS1
07-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Jordan Shipley Undersized??

I hear this all the time. While he may not be huge, he has decent size.

Most list him at 6'0" / 180-190 lbs.

Many great NFL recievers are around this size...

Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Rod Smith
Tim Brown
Joey Galloway
Hines Ward

spaniard
07-24-2003, 08:40 PM
im gonna have to say mcgee/shipley for the top duo, mostly bc im from burnet, but also because i havent seen really any other passing teams, im sure there are some excellent duos out there though. and shipley isnt exactly a monster, thats for sure, and he still isnt 180-190, he may be about 6', but to say that hes 180-190 is probly an overstatement. if he got some meat on his bones, he might end up at 180-190, but he is definitley an awesome player, and hopefully this season he will stay healthy and play smart and perform to his best.

espn1
07-24-2003, 09:13 PM
I talked to Shipleys father at the 7 on 7 tourney, he told me that he was 180. He's 6'1".

BrahmaMom
07-25-2003, 08:55 AM
Bellville's Buenger is known to be able to "pass it around". Goeke may be a favorite, but Jess is enough of a player to know when to mix it up. Go Brahmas!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Hey Brahma mom, 22 and me have been on board longer than you ,and you have 5 stars, people must love you!! Show us some love, we only need 1 more, to look important!!!
Hey Mom, if we can call you mom, are you a fan, and or do you have a kid on the team?
Go Bellville win State!!!!!

spaniard
07-25-2003, 09:52 PM
espn1:
I talked to Shipleys father at the 7 on 7 tourney, he told me that he was 180. He's 6'1".espn1, i was going off of what i remembered seeing shipley at the end of the last school year, he may have gotten bigger since then, so if im wrong, my fault. i havent been in burnet for more than a day since may, so ive missed quite a bit. anywhoo, take care and lets go dawgs!

BrahmaMom
07-26-2003, 09:28 AM
Former Bellville Brahma: I have no clue what the stars indicate. You and 22 know a lot more about football than I ever will and are on here a lot more. Sorry, maybe it's cuz there aren't many moms on here. You can have mine stars if you want them. My Brahma graduated this May. I'll be a Brahma fan forever, have two more Brahmas coming up. But I'll be attending a lot of Rice games for the next few years till our third son plays on Friday nights.

espn1
07-26-2003, 11:54 AM
spaniard:

espn1:
I talked to Shipleys father at the 7 on 7 tourney, he told me that he was 180. He's 6'1".espn1, i was going off of what i remembered seeing shipley at the end of the last school year, he may have gotten bigger since then, so if im wrong, my fault. i havent been in burnet for more than a day since may, so ive missed quite a bit. anywhoo, take care and lets go dawgs!He was definetly larger than the average player at the tourney. You could instantly look at Mcgee or Shipley and D1 would jump right out at you. At least thats the feeling I had.

Chief Woodman
07-26-2003, 11:57 AM
While the burnet duo is excellent, I do not think you can overlook the Decatur folks for this issue. QB Chandler Dane as a sophmore last year threw for more yards the Mr Mcgee and in fewer games. (no disrespect intended). He will do even better this year as the reciever corp is healthy to start with. His best target last year was also a sophmore, Brian Christian who was consitantly among the 3A stat leaders in the metroplex. Overlooked is Running back Andrew McKinney who is a punishing runner (ask Iowa Park- he ran over three players enroute to TD on one play, injured two of them). At 6'3" -6'4", 225 lbs he runs a 4.5 40 and has excellentt hands. OU is offering a full ride as a TE, UT offered one as a DE, TCU offered full ride as running back/slot reciever and SMU has offered full ride as RB. While Dane and crew may not be the best in the state, they certainly deserve recognition.

ihatetolose
07-26-2003, 07:21 PM
Shipley has put on around 10 lbs since last fall. He weighed in at College Station last week at 181. Check out these pictures taken at the state tournament. He looks pretty rocked up to me.
http://www.texas.theinsiders.com/2/161818.html

espn1
07-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Bring on Reagan.

sinton66
07-26-2003, 08:07 PM
BrahmaMom:
Former Bellville Brahma: I have no clue what the stars indicate. You and 22 know a lot more about football than I ever will and are on here a lot more. Sorry, maybe it's cuz there aren't many moms on here. You can have mine stars if you want them. My Brahma graduated this May. I'll be a Brahma fan forever, have two more Brahmas coming up. But I'll be attending a lot of Rice games for the next few years till our third son plays on Friday nights.Brahma Mom, he's shamefully begging you to vote a "5 star rating" for him. He's taking about the member rating system on this board. Look underneath his name and click on "member rated". A pop-up will appear with the rating system. You select your rating of this particular poster, then click on "rate". FBB, you gotta be a little more subtle about this. wink :D wink

lilred19
07-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Well I think that the kid from Crockett is a very good canidate,he isn't getting much credit, b/c of their record last season. But, Kevin Robbins, 6'3, 200lbs, 4.3 40time,WR.......should be tha kid to watch......so should Crockett they showed me a tremendous amount of skills in this summers 7 on 7....let me tell you, THEY ARE VERY UNDER RATED, and don't let them sneak up on you, juss b/c of their terrible season last year...

Blackcat03
07-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Look for Treveyone Bluitt of Mexia and Brian Evans of Fairfield from 19-3A. Sorry if the names are wrong. Both are tremendous athletes with awesome speed. Both well over 6 feet tall and can burn a lot of defensive backs.

MASH4077
07-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Decatur's duo of Dane (3000 yds in 2002,30 tds) and Christian (47 catches and 960 yds 12 tds) should make headlines this year.