PDA

View Full Version : Buna, Kirbyville, Woodville, Hardin-Jefferson hang tight!

Old Cardinal
10-12-2002, 09:19 AM
Jasper 14-0 over Kirbyville, Newton 26-13 over Woodville, Bridge City 27-21 over H-J and Buna with an upset over Hamshire-Fannett. The big assumption of course, by folks who have never seen any of these teams play, is that the touted ones had a bad night! Nothing could be farther from the truth, these teams like Woodville, Kirbyville,Buna, H-J are very good teams. They just happen to not be geographically located to get all the Poll hype. No, to win a District in 20-3A, 21-3A or 22-3A, you have to beat some pretty good teams, and the scores are usually not runaways for any one of the ranked teams.

<small>[ October 12, 2002, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

3ABirdMan
10-12-2002, 10:13 PM
I agree, Old Cardinal. District play is just getting heated up. All rankings are off! We still have a long way to go to get to the playoffs, and I don't count a WIN for BC against anybody until we finish the game with more points than them!

One at a time - Hardin, we're coming home! :mad:

FBmania
10-13-2002, 05:32 AM
Hang tough is right Old Card. Just about all of those scores surprised some people. I remember thinking earlier this year,( What happened to Hardin Jefferson?) but over the last 2 weeks it looks like they have things going in the right direction. Congrats to your Cards.