PDA

View Full Version : tarpons / aransas pass who will advance?

MR.T TARPON21
11-16-2002, 11:12 AM
i wish i knew by how many points a.p. won not that it makes a big differance.
tarpons have their work cut out but i know they will make us proud .
they are playing hard football!!!! eek!
our guys will give a.p. a run for their money.
but in the end tarpons will prevail.
tarpons 38 :D
vs
aransas pass 17 :(
good luck to all valley teams!!!

GO BIG BLUE!

PS; HEY TEXAS ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???
HERE IT COMES!

PORT ISABEL MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

<small>[ November 17, 2002, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

sintonpop
11-16-2002, 11:22 AM
If your defense can shut down Tommy Blake you should be moving on to the next round.

Best of luck against AP!

MR.T TARPON21
11-16-2002, 11:59 AM
WHO IS THIS TOMMY BLAKE?
WHAT HES NUMBER?
PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINIAN HOPE HES AS GOOD AS YOU SAY, ARE GUYS COULD SURE USE A GOOD WORK OUT .
I ALWAYS TELL MISSILE ,MY STEP SON ,PLAYING AGAINST BIGGER AND BETTER TEAMS ,WILL ONLY MAKE YOU BETTER!!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO
AND I ,NO WE ALL OF PORT ISABEL, AND THE TARPONS. CANT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK.

GO BIG BLUE!!
THE BIGGER THEY ARE THE HARDER THEY FALL... eek!

<small>[ November 16, 2002, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

PhiI C
11-16-2002, 12:13 PM
Tommy Blake is No. 42 and when we played AP he was listed as the TB at 6'3" and 190lbs (he looked liked he weighted even more to me). He is a big fast running back and can break tackles at anytime and if he gets into your secondary he has great speed and can turn it on. He is a hard player to stop and he is fantastic. We keyed on him and he still made over 200 yards rushing on us but we were able to make the big stoping plays when it counted and kept them out of the end zone plus our offense had a big day. That in my opinion is the only way to beat AP. You won't stop Blake but you just try to contain him enough to get the ball back to your offense and control the ball. Please bear in mind that these words are only those of a HS fan and not an expert coach or sportswriter.

MR.T TARPON21
11-16-2002, 01:00 PM
WHAT WAS THE SCORE?
I HOPE HES AS GOOD AS YOU THINK HE IS.
AND NO MATTER WHAT SPORTS WRITERS SAY THEY ARENT,ALWAYS RIGHT.
I WOULD RATHER BELIVE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN IT WITH
THERE ON EYES! eek!
THANK YOU FOR THIS INFO.
HEY TARPONS W.T.G.LAST NIGHT,GABRIAL,JOHNNY "NITRO",JOEY,JEFFERY,AND YES OF COURSE MISSILE. YOU DROPED THE BOMB!!! ON THE BADGERS GREAT JOB , BUT YOUR NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING DONE.
LETS TAKE CARE OF THIS TOMMY BLAKE GUY I KNOW YOU CAN AND WILL TAKECARE OF HIM :D

footballgal
11-16-2002, 02:19 PM
I just re-read the local paper and it says the the Tarpons are Playing the winner of the Devine and West Oso winner, so I guess we're playing the West Oso team. I had seen alot of info. that pointed to the AP team but just last night I had heard about that match-up and today it was confirmed that they are actually playing in West Oso, so maybe a little bit later today we'll know when and where the game will be. I guess AP & Tommy Blake will have to be another week.

footballgal
11-16-2002, 02:24 PM
I am confused!! :(
I just went to the UIL website and the 3A divison II shows them playing AP, being that it's the UIL I guess I will have to go with that!

<small>[ November 16, 2002, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

Kakarot
11-16-2002, 02:39 PM
Football Gal the paper is wrong i was wondering why they put West Oso and Devine but today our coaches were telling us we are gonna play Aransas Pass over there in Alice. The paper and the news gots it wrong cause i saw it the other night and i was trippin haha well bub bye.

footballgal
11-16-2002, 02:41 PM
Kakarot:
Football Gal the paper is wrong i was wondering why they put West Oso and Devine but today our coaches were telling us we are gonna play Aransas Pass over there in Alice. The paper and the news gots it wrong cause i saw it the other night and i was trippin haha well bub bye.Thanks so much for the clearing that up for me!!! :D So you're playing in Alice? Did we loose the coin flip or what? Well it be on Friday or Saturday?

MR.T TARPON21
11-16-2002, 07:16 PM
THE GAME WILL BE AGAINST A.P.
NEXT FRIDAY
IN ALICE WHAT STADIUM I DONT KNOW YET BUT BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR WE PORT ISABEL WILL BE THERE TO BACK OUR YOUNG MEN IN BATTLE SHOW SOME SPIRIT
PORT ISABEL. OUR BOYS NEED US NOW MORE THAN EVER !NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.TARPON YOU ARE THE REAL DEAL. TEXAS IS STARTING TO OPEN THERE EYES eek!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!
:D MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! :D

<small>[ November 16, 2002, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

footballgal
11-16-2002, 07:28 PM
MR.T TARPON21:
THE GAME WILL BE AGAINST A.P.
NEXT FRIDAY
IN ALICE WHAT STADIUM I DONT KNOW YET BUT BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR WE PORT ISABEL WILL BE THERE TO BACK OUR YOUNG MEN IN BATTLE SHOW SOME SPIRIT
PORT ISABEL. OUR BOYS NEED US NOW MORE THAN EVER !NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.TARPON YOU ARE THE REAL DEAL. TEXAS IS STARTING TO OPEN THERE EYES eek!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

:D MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! :D MR.T TARPON21, are you sure it's not Saturday instead of Friday? My hubby will be very disappointed if it is, he has made arrangements for the playoffs but to be off Saturday nights not Friday nights last night he we went home and off to work he went. Me on the other hand I will drive myself if I have to, I will just kiss him goodbye and tell him see ya in the morning. HEHE :) Please keep us updated on the time and if I am not mistaken there is only one stadium in Alice right off the main drag.

footballgal
11-16-2002, 07:37 PM
MR.T TARPON21
Please ck your PM, sent you one at noon.

MR.T TARPON21
11-16-2002, 10:03 PM
THE GAME BETWEEN PORT ISABEL TARPONS VS A.P.
WILL BE FRIDAY 7;30 PM
IN ALICE, TEXAS

eek! SEE YOU ALL THERE! eek!
GO TARPONS GO!,GO TARPONS GO!
GO TARPONS GO, GO TARPONS GO,GOTARPONS GO!!!
:D THE BEST IS YET TO COME :D
:p

footballgal
11-16-2002, 10:09 PM
MR.T TARPON21:
THE GAME BETWEEN PORT ISABEL TARPONS VS A.P.
WILL BE FRIDAY 7;30 PM
IN ALICE, TEXAS

eek! SEE YOU ALL THERE! eek!
GO TARPONS GO!,GO TARPONS GO!
GO TARPONS GO, GO TARPONS GO,GOTARPONS GO!!!
:D THE BEST IS YET TO COME :D
:p Thanks for the Info!! Say Hi to Missile and the rest of the Tarpons from his big fans in LF!! :D

SintonFan
11-16-2002, 10:59 PM
I haven't seen Port I play, but I'll give them the edge in this matchup. The buzz from someone at the AP game is that their coach made some questionable calls all game long vs. Cotulla. From what I listened to in the Bishop game, PI didn't have any problem there. AP is not one dimensional by any means, though. They can pass, maybe a little better than Bishop. What's scary for alot of teams is that they really shouldn't have to. It helps them to be more prolific offensively. Their defense is somewhat suspect and that's why I give the edge to PI. I think the Tarpons will put some points on the board. Maybe as many as 45. If PI can keep the ball out of AP's (and Blake's) hands then they should win by 14.
I'm a 30-3A guy (always have been, always will be :D ), but some of you PI friends make this hard to decide who to root for frown

footballgal
11-17-2002, 12:14 AM
Questionable calls? Like what? Could it be that maybe Cotulla made it seem that way, especially if they say it happened all night long?? I have to ask you know being that CHS is my alma matter.

I feel your pain SintonFan, especially this coming week, talkin 'bout LF vs Sinton. frown

<small>[ November 16, 2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

SintonFan
11-17-2002, 12:41 AM
footballgal:
Questionable calls? Like what? Could it be that maybe Cotulla made it seem that way, especially if they say it happened all night long?? I have to ask you know being that CHS is my alma matter.

I feel your pain SintonFan, especially this coming week, talkin 'bout LF vs Sinton. :(Cotulla keyed on Blake all night long, but AP kept going with him over and over again.

SintonFan
11-17-2002, 12:43 AM
footballgal check your PM.

barney rubble
11-17-2002, 01:28 PM
sintonfan, did you go to the game. I went and watched Burnet, but saw in the paper that AP had another back rush for over 100 yards, so AP must have called some plays that didn't have Blake running the ball.

SintonFan
11-17-2002, 03:00 PM
No, this was the buzz from some people with a good eye for football who did go. Yes, they did start handing the ball off to others later in the game. Overall, they did get the win and that's whats important. Normally I don't engage in rumor but again the sources where reliable and came from more than one person. :p

big daddy russ
11-17-2002, 04:27 PM
They did go to Blake for the first quarter, but Corey Hale was more effective against Cotulla. Hale was running a little harder than Blake was against the Cowboys, and Cotulla shut down Blake during the second half. Blake picked up the vast majority of his yards in the first quarter. Hale was clutch throughout the game.

Matthew328
11-18-2002, 08:24 AM
Gonna have to pick AP here...PI is an excellent team..but they are running into a team in AP that is a darkhorse in R4...Blake is the real deal who has put up some big numbers..he is definatley the best back the Tarpons have seen all year...AP by 7

sinton66
11-18-2002, 08:54 AM
I'm going with PI by 5. However, Matthew may be right. If PI even tries to look past AP, the Panthers are good enough to beat them. They also have homefield advantage playing in Corpus. AP will have most of 30-3A there supporting them. Fast is good, but Blake will POUND the ball at PI with speed, size and power. PI will not bring him down easily.

Hannibal
11-18-2002, 09:13 AM
Have to agree with Matthew. AP is going to pound the ball hard. Blake did not have as good a game as he normally does against Cotulla, possibly because he played alot on defense. Hale stepped up when needed and has a good burst to get around the corner. Stopping Blake is hard to do. Cotulla put eight men in the box and Blake still would gain three to four yards per carry. AP has a ball control offense and can light it up through the air when needed. The offensive line is big and has a reputation for playing smash mouth football. Heard is a big, strong quarterback who has speedy recievers with good hands. Should be a hell of a game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Wharton has been the only one to shut down Blake. Wharton had size to battle at the line. First time i had seen blake run and he was tough to bring down. Sinton blitz more than usual in that game to stop the run and he would still make some yards. Ap's line is somewhat big to carryout the pounding the tarpons will recieve. The only problem for AP is there Defense will struggle against PI offense.

PI 37
AP 34

Big Tarp 74
11-18-2002, 02:09 PM
I think you guys, are under estimating PI front line. They are not very small. Most of them avg. over 240 pounds. PI linebackers are about 180 with extreme speed. They are not afraid to hit anyone. Bishop lost the ball 7 times due to extreme hard direct hits. One ball player was hurt very bad, when he turn on his speed and went right at the linebackers. Both collar bones were broken. This ball player was around 170 with 4.4 speed. I'm sure Blake will pick up yards, but he will be met by a host of linebackers and Linemen. Keep in mind, that Port Isabel, as you have stated has not played anyone like Aransas Pass this year. I beleive they have met several like Aransas Pass. They have faced size and speed several times this season. Los Fresnos, has the top Offense in all of class 4A in texas. PI defense hung with them. They faced Florisville big line and backs. Port Isabel had to stop Los Fresnos 245 pound fullback, as well as their great passing game. Who ever wins will deserve it. Both teams are good.

Hannibal:
Have to agree with Matthew. AP is going to pound the ball hard. Blake did not have as good a game as he normally does against Cotulla, possibly because he played alot on defense. Hale stepped up when needed and has a good burst to get around the corner. Stopping Blake is hard to do. Cotulla put eight men in the box and Blake still would gain three to four yards per carry. AP has a ball control offense and can light it up through the air when needed. The offensive line is big and has a reputation for playing smash mouth football. Heard is a big, strong quarterback who has speedy recievers with good hands. Should be a hell of a game.

Tarp4u
11-18-2002, 02:10 PM
All i have to say is that we are gonna play with heart and determination. We will have to have 4 good days of practice to get ready for A.P. We are not looking beyond A.P, it will be a good game. The good thing is that we are not only keying Blake, we are keying the whole A.P team. These guys are no joke,If we come to play it will be an awesome game with no looking back!!!!

MR.T TARPON21
11-18-2002, 02:54 PM
This looks like its gonna be a game to remeber!
PORT ISABEL TARPONS ARE PLAYING OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL, THEY ARE DOING ALL OF THERE TALKING ,ON THE FIELD. THEY ARE GETTING BETTER ,THEY ARE PLAYING AS A TEAM ,NO ONE PLAYER IS BETTER THEN THE NEXT. OUR BOYS ARE FAST, HIT HARD,AND HAVE A LOT OF HEART, WHICH IS IMPORTANT !
I VE TOLD MISSILE SEVERAL TIMES THIS YEAR I LIKE IT WHEN THEY PLAY BIGGER SCHOOLS, BECUSE
IT MAKES ARE GUYS BETTER PLAYERS THEY GET BETTER EACH TIME THEY PLAY THOUGHER TEAMS.WE GAVE LOS FERSNOS A RUN FOR THERE MONEY!
MOST OF OUR GUYS PLAY IRON MAN. AND ARE CAPABLE OF PLAYING THE INTIRE GAME . MISSILE IS READY AND FIRED UP wink
I TELL HIM TO MAKE SURRE AND RAP UP WHO EVER HE IS TACKLING ,TO BE SMART AND READ THE OFFANCE,WE THE PARENTS AND FANS,KNOW JUST HOW GOOD OUR GUYS ARE,AND WILL GIVE A.P.AND BLAKE A RUN FOR THERE MONEY! :D
ARE MEN WILL GO OUT AND PLAY HARD ALL 4 QUARTERS
AND BRING BACK ANOTHER AREA Championship!!!!
PORT ISABEL LETS SHOW TEXAS WE STAND TALL IN THE STATE OF TEXAS.
GO BIG BLUE!!

P.I. MAKE SOME NOISE!
watch out texas our guys our fast & :mad: feurios :mad

MR.T TARPON21
11-18-2002, 03:22 PM
thanxs everybody your insights are helpful.
but i would like to here what any body from a.p.
has to say.please show some support to your players a.p.
as for us tarpon fans & parents we back our boys
100% !!!!
go big blue!!!
:D

MR.T TARPON21
11-18-2002, 03:23 PM
<small>[ November 18, 2002, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

MR.T TARPON21
11-18-2002, 03:24 PM
:p sorry was having a little trouble. :p

<small>[ November 18, 2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

Big Tarp 74
11-18-2002, 03:55 PM
I think you guys, are under estimating PI front line. They are not very small. Most of them avg. over 240 pounds. PI linebackers are about 180 with extreme speed. They are not afraid to hit anyone. Bishop lost the ball 7 times due to extreme hard direct hits. One ball player was hurt very bad, when he turn on his speed and went right at the linebackers. Both collar bones were broken. This ball player was around 170 with 4.4 speed. I'm sure Blake will pick up yards, but he will be met by a host of linebackers and Linemen. Keep in mind, that Port Isabel, as you have stated has not played anyone like Aransas Pass this year. I beleive they have met several like Aransas Pass. They have faced size and speed several times this season. Los Fresnos, has the top Offense in all of class 4A in texas. PI defense hung with them. They faced Florisville big line and backs. Port Isabel had to stop Los Fresnos 245 pound fullback, as well as their great passing game. Who ever wins will deserve it. Both teams are good.

Hannibal:

Big Tarp 74
11-18-2002, 03:58 PM
Sorry about the same subject twice. My fault.

big daddy russ
11-18-2002, 04:26 PM
Big Tarp 74:

Hannibal:
Have to agree with Matthew. AP is going to pound the ball hard. Blake did not have as good a game as he normally does against Cotulla, possibly because he played alot on defense. Hale stepped up when needed and has a good burst to get around the corner. Stopping Blake is hard to do. Cotulla put eight men in the box and Blake still would gain three to four yards per carry. AP has a ball control offense and can light it up through the air when needed. The offensive line is big and has a reputation for playing smash mouth football. Heard is a big, strong quarterback who has speedy recievers with good hands. Should be a hell of a game.Hey, I'm not going to say that I'm underestimating you guys at all. I'll give you credit for that big of a line, but AP is extremely physical. The only team that has been able to truly control the AP line all year was Wharton, and they have to be one of the TOP 3 MOST TALENTED TEAMS IN THE STATE. That's right. Nothing against anyone else, but Wharton has speed, size, and overall talent in spades. Blake was injured and couldn't go that game, as he only registered nine carries for 19 yards, but the game wouldn't have been decided by some 30 points if the Panthers had been at full strength that game. Although I believe the Tarpons are one of the best teams in R4, DII, I don't know if they are as physical as Aransas. AP's line took it right to the top-ranked team in the state, Sinton, and more than held their own. Blake had over 260 yards rushing against the Pirates and the Pirates are number one for a reason. That was the only time this season anyone's scored more than one touchdown against the Sinton Blackshirts. Blake, as Hannibal said earlier, was also keyed on by the Cotulla defense and so AP went to their other back. If I'm not mistaken, this was Hale's sixth 100-yard game of the year. Not a bad one-two punch. Really, I believe this is a tale of two completely different teams with two completely different styles, but this game should be an instant classic. I can hear Steve Sabol now.

footballgal
11-18-2002, 10:50 PM
One of PI strength on offense is that that they are several (3-4) backs that can run the ball and a couple of defensive guys that call run the ball if need be, so you CAN'T key on one guy. But PI overall strength is the defense, which most are overlooking they haven't earned the nickname “Seawall Defense” for nothing. If Cotulla can stop Blake the Tarpons can too, I say Tarpons win between a spread of 10-14 points at least. Another thing people are overlooking is the special team, they are a couple of guys who can AND have run back the ball for TDs and not to mention that they create plenty of fumbles. In addition, PI has an EXCELLENT punter who can not only easily punt over 50 yards, but has an real good hang time on his punts, which enables the speedy special team players to get down field QUICK and give the opposing team bad field position. Also IF it comes to a field goal they have two field goal kickers that can and have kicked field goals over 45 yards in games and over that in some warm-ups. I say practice because PI offense has not needed much of their services, because they punch in the ball regardless of their field position. But yeah AP is probably the better competition PI has seen since the 11-0 Falcons in week 3. But they seem to play better when the competition is hot!!

So with that I extend my Best Wishes to the Tarpons. I will be there to cheer you on! By the way the game is in Alice not CC as someone previously mentioned. And PI has LOTS of followers you'll see; don't be surprised if they are more fans for PI than AP! :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2002, 01:17 AM
Regardless of what happens, this out to be one hell of a game.

My pick: Port Isabel is no Cotulla folks. Port Isabel will be much faster than Cotulla on both sides of the ball. From what I understand from previous postings here, Aransas Pass's defense is pretty suspect, and struggles mightily against teams with speed, like Sinton. So Port Isabel should be able to move the ball effectively. Also, a lot of people may not realize this, but Port Isabel HAS played a team similar to Aransas Pass in Lyford. Lyford had a big bruising halfback type just like Tommy Blake. They also had two other backs who were called on to carry the ball, along with a huge, punishing offensive line. Result? Lyford was completely shut down. Port Isabel defenders literally flew to whoever had the ball and gang tackled their opponents to submission. It's true that the talent level of Lyford is not even close to the talent level of Aransas Pass, but the fact that Port Isabel's defense was able to shut that type of running team down should give us a general idea of how the Port Isabel defense will go at Aransas Pass's running game, which, from what I understand from postings here, Aransas Pass relies too heavily on. Which means that should Aransas Pass DO try to pass the ball, they may not be experienced enough to utilize their passing game to it's fullest potential, and Port Isabel's speedy secondary will be more than ready to handle the pass.

I feel that Aransas Pass's running game will get them some scores. However, Aransas Pass's defense probably won't be able to handle Port Isabel's speedy triple threat combo out of the backfield, and Port Isabel's defense will be able to stop most of Aransas Pass's drives. Also, footballgal is correct in regards to our punter. He has very long punts with great height on the ball, which pins opposing teams very deep, and I feel this will play a huge factor. Footballgal is also correct in stating that Port Isabel has a huge following, and the fans there will literally make it feel like a home game for Port Isabel. Myself and several friends are making the drive from Dallas all the way to Alice to be at the game.

Predicted final score: Port Isabel 38, Aransas Pass 14

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!! Beat the Panthers!!!

MR.T TARPON21
11-19-2002, 10:06 AM
!WARNING!
PORT ISABEL TARPONS ARE READY FOR WAR.
ALL YEAR LONG THEY BEEN TAKEN LIGHTLY,TEAMS HAVE FOUND OUT TARPONS ARE NO PUSH OVERS.
THEY DESERVE TO BE WHERE THEY ARE,AND WILL
CONTINUE TO IMPRESS! I WAS AT THERE PRACTIC
YESTURDAY,THEY ARE SWERMING LIKE KILLER BEES!
they are practiacing hard , couch stumbough is on top things like a genaral comanding his troops!
this game will be one for the books.
still,havent heard anything from a.p. players or parents,but thats o.k.
our seawall defence is like a gaint tidelwave!
port isabel tarpons & fans will invade alice tx,
friday nov. 22,2002.
be warned this is for area championship,it belongs to port isabel!!!!!!!!

good luck to a.p. and to tommy blake. :rolleyes:

go big blue!!! :D
go tarpons go! go tarpons go! go tarpons go!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2002, 12:26 PM
BDR U said wharton is in the top 3 most talented teams in the state. How do u know they are one of the most talented teams. How would u even figure how to rank them. Is it that u have to look good but not actually play good. For being one of the most talented teams they should be rank in the top10. Wharton stop blake cause they matched up with the line. Sinton AP game wasnt close the sinton offense could have kept scoring on ap. Thats whats going to happen against PI, ap defense wont be able to stop PI. Seawall Defense will have a dent in this game. :D :D

MR.T TARPON21
11-19-2002, 12:42 PM
FOOTBALLGAL CHECK YOUR PM
I SENT YOU . :D

big daddy russ
11-19-2002, 01:30 PM
The key word there is talent. That doesn't mean they're a better team than Sinton or Burnet, but it does mean that they have more God-given ability, size and speed than you guys. Sinton is actually probably a better team. More disciplined and more together. But Wharton is amazing, talent-wise and speed-wise. I've seen a whole lot of teams in my day. I saw three of Sinton's playoff games last year (Bellville, Bridge City and Everman) and have seen, for the most part, at least two games per week for 17 weeks a year during the past three seasons I've spent in the media. I'm not knocking Sinton or Everman or Burnet, but Wharton is simply amazing. I wish you could see them for yourselves. If anyone gets the chance to see them square off against Burnet, go. I've never in my life seen a team as fast as Wharton. Not Austin Westlake two years ago, LaMarque in '97, or Cuero or Sealy in '95. Yes, that's a lot to say. No, I'm not exaggerating. I'm going on what I've seen. You just have to check them out, SintonFan. If they had their stuff together like Sinton does, the only team I could see stopping them would be Jasper, if even them.

big daddy russ
11-19-2002, 01:57 PM
OK... I'm going to renege on my comments about Wharton being faster than '97 LaMarque. I got to thinking about it, and that team was rediculously fast. But they are faster than all those other teams. Peace.

P.S. Anyone from Burnet seen tapes of Wharton yet? Tell us what you think... well, I guess that's another post.

Big Tarp 74
11-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Port Isabel has one tremendous set of very fast backs. Joey is a 4.5 speedster. Johnny is the other back and he is a 4.5 speedster. Joe is a receiver with 4.5 speed, and missel is a one in a life time speedster with 4.29 to 4.3 speed. The quarterback Gab, he is a 4.4 speedster. This is a hole lot of speed to contain, anyone of these boys are dangerous. I spoke to some of the scouts watching, and they were very shocked at missel speed. They do not know how to keep him in check. Bishop had a 4.4 speedster on him all night, and missel just flew right by him. Port Isabel is not a one man team. They have more than 14 ball player with 4.5 speed. The defense has several large boys on the line. Jeffery is 330 pounds, and the guards and tackles are all over 250. The defense end is 240 with 4.7 speed.
I know I have stated that they are not a big team, what I mean, is they are not 6'-6 or 6'2. They are all around 6'0. The linebackers are very aggresive hitters. Most of these linebackers are around 5'11 to 6'0 and 190 and all of them are around 4.5 to 4.6 speed. The saftey is missel. The defense has only allowed 65 yard rushing in district. Bishop only got 52 yards, amoung all their speedy backs. Port Isabel can air out the ball. With missel, he can flat run under the ball as well as many other on the team. Beleive me, when these boys turn up the speed all blank will break lose.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2002, 05:06 PM
:D :D :D :D ya'll sound like the Mathis Pirates :D :D :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2002, 07:16 PM
Hey SintonFan_InAustin.......what did you mean by that????

Hey BigTarp74, CHECK YOUR PM.

MR.T TARPON21
11-19-2002, 08:25 PM
<small>[ November 19, 2002, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

MR.T TARPON21
11-19-2002, 08:25 PM
<small>[ November 19, 2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

MR.T TARPON21
11-19-2002, 08:29 PM
<small>[ November 19, 2002, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

MR.T TARPON21
11-19-2002, 08:29 PM
watching the tarpon practice today gave me chills.come friday they will be ready to rumble.you guys a.p. are in for the best game, this season.talk about fast this guys are ,just got nitros oxide,running in there blood !!!
they are pumped,fueled &and ready for count down.
10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 housten we have lift off!
see you all in alice this friday at 7;30
if you miss this game your gonna kick your self,in the you know where!!!!!!! eek!

whats big & blue and scores?
the mighty tarpons thats who! :cool:

<small>[ November 19, 2002, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

MR.T TARPON21
11-19-2002, 08:30 PM
<small>[ November 19, 2002, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

AP_FAN799
11-20-2002, 09:06 PM
YOU KNOW I THINK THAT ALL THE TARPON FANS HERE ARE UNDERESTIMATING THE PANTHERS. AYH THE AP DEFENSE LACKS BUT WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING THE BIG STOPS THEY COME THROUGH. ALSO JUST BECAUSE YOU MAY THINK THAT THE TARPONS WILL STOP BLAKE
(WHICH WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT) AP HAS OTHER TALENT. AP'S QUARTERBACK IS VERY TALENTED, THIS SEASON HE GOT OVER A THOUSAND YARDS PASSING. SO I DON'T THINK THEY ARE LACKING IN THAT ASPECT.
THESE GUYS WANT IT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN BUT, DON'T BE SUPRISED IF AP COMES OUT ON TOP. AND WE ARE AP FANS THERE WON'T BE A SEAT LEFT IN THE STANDS. GO PANTHERS!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Hey, it's not just Tarpon fans who are predicting that AP will get beat. Take a look at some of the other comments people have made on here......and look where they're from.

AP_FAN799
11-20-2002, 11:03 PM
WELL NOTHING AT ALL AGAINST SINTON, BUT WHAT DO THEY KNOW ABOUT ARANSAS PASS FOOTBAL. AND I REALLY MEAN NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE FROM SINTON. AS FAR AS THE REST GO THEY SEEM TO EITHER BE FROM PORT ISABEL, OR ALUMNI. SO IF I WAS OUT OF PLACE I'M SORRY. AS FAR AS I CAN SEE I WAS RIGHT WITH WHAT I HAD SAID.

tigershack
11-20-2002, 11:10 PM
Tommy Blake is a good running back and AP's QB can be dangerous when he rolls out of the pocket. Each guy is big and can take the hits (Blake a lot bigger 210???). If AP can establish the smashmouth run, it will rundown any team, then they can beat them with the play action pass. Blake has to do better than he did against Wharton. If Blake runs wild, AP wins. Good luck AP.

big daddy russ
11-20-2002, 11:39 PM
AP_FAN799:
...AP'S QUARTERBACK IS VERY TALENTED, THIS SEASON HE GOT OVER A THOUSAND YARDS PASSING. SO I DON'T THINK THEY ARE LACKING IN THAT ASPECT...

big daddy russ
11-20-2002, 11:46 PM
AP_FAN799:
...AP'S QUARTERBACK IS VERY TALENTED, THIS SEASON HE GOT OVER A THOUSAND YARDS PASSING. SO I DON'T THINK THEY ARE LACKING IN THAT ASPECT...True that, 799. Look everyone, AP really does have a complete offense. Their QB is probably the second best in 30-3A. Their line is outstanding with both run and pass protection, everyone knows about their running backs, and they've got weapons on the outside. Ernie Mora is a stud... catches everything and is quick as all get out... and tight end Robert Scheibe is about 6'3" and very athletic. The Panther QB, John David Heard, has something like three 200-yard games this year and a couple more close to that mark. They sometimes play down to their competition, but they've got up for every big game since Wharton gave them a wake-up call. Port Isabel has a great team, but so does AP. The Panthers will be ready and it should be a great game.

SintonFan
11-20-2002, 11:54 PM
big daddy russ:

AP_FAN799:
...AP'S QUARTERBACK IS VERY TALENTED, THIS SEASON HE GOT OVER A THOUSAND YARDS PASSING. SO I DON'T THINK THEY ARE LACKING IN THAT ASPECT...'footballfreak' from caller.com, welcome. If you are someone else, please look to the left side of your keyboard and push down the "Caps Lock".

MR.T TARPON21
11-20-2002, 11:57 PM
Interesting,all of sudden,a.p. shows up.
No matter, it's gonna take more than couple of stops on the part of a.p. defense to stop the tarpons!
I also saw a couple of you guys post on a different forum. You talk a lotta trash,but it doesn't make a difference. At the end of the buzzer,tarpons will advance to the 3rd round
of the playoffs!
a.p. gets to go home and think it over.
we are by no means a big school,none of our players are on steroids by any measure, the just love to play. :D oh ,and also dont worry about a place to sit ,
you'll want to stand and see eek! for yourselfs
just how good,and how hard our guys hit eek!
we might just convert some of you into tarpons,
or like some of you have stated"little fishes"
I WISH IT WAS FRIDAY!

tarpons go,fight,win!!!!
ps;remeber its for v!

<small>[ November 21, 2002, 05:40 AM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2002, 12:00 AM
If ur defense had improved, i think ap would win because of the ground game. but it still not a very good defense and against a team that claims they have speed, i think they score thru out the game. PI 37 AP 24 . I hope ya'll win, i'm a 30a fan, but PI's offense sounds like sinton's offense.

Big Tarp 74
11-21-2002, 01:11 AM
Hey guys, Aransas Pass fans needed to talk to their scouts. There is one thing for sure they will hear, that Port Isabel has speed. I spoked direct to one of the scouts. They know with out question, that their are several ball players from PI, if they get loose, they will be unable to catch. There is only one school who has a kid fast enough to stay, with PI speedster, and that is no other than Jasper. I will say it again, the scouts viewed the game between PI, and Bishop and they were very supprised to see that kind of speed PI had. We had many winter texans down watching the game, and all of them were shocked and supprised. They have not seen so much speed. AP fans are right, they do have a big line on both sides of the line, and big backs, and some good quality receivers. You can not take anyone lightly. I have seen the type of hitting PI can deliver, it is just as hard as anyone else. In the Rio Hondo game, PI knocked out Jimmy Heath, in the Fal game, Fal lost their top receiver, in the Los Fresnos game, several receiver were down, most were dewinded. In the PSJA memorial game, three player down on the same play, both linebackers knocked out cold, the other was a defensive back, he had pulled his arm out socket. In the game with Raymondville, the 6'3 quarterback was fliped, and several ball player were down. In the game with La Feria both receiver had concusions. In the game with Bishop, Bishop #21 broke his colar bone. This is just a few, I remember. Both team are able to hurt each other, that goes with out question. I keep hear PI is not as Physical, well from what I have seen, they appear to be. Both team can hurt each other, they can score on each other, what will determine who goes on, will be the desire to be the best. On that friday, one team will walk away the winner, the other the loser, but no matter what, both will have gained a little knowlege about each other, and may even find respect for each other. Keep in mine, that this is the first time for these two school to meet, both are shrimping towns. What ever happen will be a first, and hopefully not the last.

footballgal
11-21-2002, 11:54 AM
http://www.rgvsports.com/archives/11-16-02/1116_PortIsabel1.jpg

Joey Loera against Bishop 11/15/02

Tarp4u
11-21-2002, 02:10 PM
All i wanted to say is Good Luck to all the valley teams and that lets all represent the valley with class. Good Luck, and GO TARPONS!!!