PDA

View Full Version : THE most anticipated Bull's season arrives...

slpybear the bullfan
08-10-2002, 02:47 PM
Well, here we are again. Glad to be posting about some TEXAS HS Football!

The Bridgeport Bulls begin there campaign in seven days with a scrimmage against Aledo. They also have an interesting date the following thursday when they scrimmage Celina. Should make for some interesting first looks at what we in Bull Country have been struggling to wait for since that one-game-away loss to Commerce last fall. And I mean we really have been counting the days until football starts here in Bridgport.

The high-profile story on the season will be can QB Dougherty get the 3A Passing record and lead team to state champs after jsut falling short last year? The low-profile and probably the more interesting story is can the defense improve after losing Coach Pete Hart, one of the best motivators this author ever played under. Last year he "made bricks without straw" and most folks who watched agreed with a little more talent on D the team would have been pushed up into the "incredible" ranks.

Well, it should make for an interesting season. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts, (especially the Kennedale posts, enjoyed that game and look forward to another round down the road!) I will try and fill in a few posts after the scrimmages.

Go Bulls!!!

Slpybear
'89 #70

eye of the tiger
08-10-2002, 04:25 PM
All indications are that you guys are going to be really good again this year. I wish you luck and an injury free year.