PDA

View Full Version : The Next Joe Millionaire - (kinda football related!)

Ranger Mom
09-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Former Rebel QB to be new 'Joe Millionaire'

Staff Report
Midland Reporter-Telegram 09/25/2003

The newest reality television series will have a definite Midland flavor when it hits the airwaves later this fall.

Joe Millionaire II on the Fox Network will feature former Lee quarterback David Smith as the series namesake.

Rebel head football coach John Parchman said that a post production crew from Fox was in Midland on Tuesday to interview him and get background information on Smith, a 1997 Lee graduate.

The premise of Joe Millionaire II is that Joe -- a.k.a. Smith -- will be the object of affection of several women who believe that he is a millionaire. The format is similar to the Dating Game of the 1970s in that Joe will select his eventual mate. Joe spends time with all of the women and each week eliminates one of the women from competition.

In the final episode, Joe chooses between two finalists and it is revealed that he is not, in fact, a millionaire. The female winner then decides if she wants to pursue a relationship with Joe.

Smith quarterbacked the Rebels to an 11-1 record in 1996 and the District 4-5A championship. Parchman said that since leaving Lee, Smith has performed on the professional rodeo circuit as a saddle bronc rider.

Joe Millionaire II is scheduled to debut in late October.

Gobbla2001
09-25-2003, 10:11 PM
I read that on the Pig today... That's awesome...

Gotta love us Texas men... I think I'll try out for the next one...