PDA

View Full Version : A Team that's Kocky won't be able to recover from loosing, it haunts you.

cunbed10
09-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Everyone thinks their team is the best, but we are forgetting about the injury bug, if one or more of your starters get hurt, it could turn your whole season around. Football is a very physical sport and injuries do happen, so think about your season realistically, because being ranked #1,2,3,4,or even 5 doesn't make you exempt from the injury bug.

Old Cardinal
09-04-2003, 02:11 PM
I totally agree, cunbed 10, Example: I see Anahuac with a great reliance on Raymond at QB, without him they would not be nearly as strong. That's why I favor a multi-player developmental team thrust. It does not insure success but your odds of failure are deminished somewhat, and you don't have to rely on the luck of an injury free season, to keep you going.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Such a simple observation, yet one no one seems to observe... Agreed...

BIG19
09-04-2003, 02:25 PM
cunbed10, you are very wise beyond your years! Good observation, one that needs to be reminded of every now and again.

Chief Woodman
09-04-2003, 05:29 PM
You mean that tradition does not ensure success regardless of team health? Injuries to key players mean that less talent is on the field, thus reducing the chance of team success? Well who would have ever thought that was possible?....hehehehehehe

Do not buy the proverbial swampland that says that polls or even tradition results in victory...but it is the current talent/coaching/effort on the field that determines success.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Geez Chief... It's okay, simma down, now!

Yes, good athletes and coaches win the games...

Good athletes play because they want the same success their uncles, fathers, brothers and cousins had, and coaches say 'I'd like to coach there because they have a tradition and the kids will be out to play'... BAM...