PDA

View Full Version : Bellville surprises Sealy 7-2

Bellville22
04-06-2003, 02:28 PM
The Bellville Brahmas picked up a huge win over rival Sealy in Sealy this past weekend. The 2-2 Brahmas didn't look to be much of a match for the 4-0 Tigers, who many have as a favorite to make a run in the playoffs, thanks to 3 very good pitchers. Rivers made the Bellville hitters look awful for 6 innings, but the Brahmas, down 2-1 in the top of the 7th, exploded for 6 runs. Bellville also benefited from a brilliant pitching performance by Soph. Lucas Luetge.

This should make for a very interesting 2nd half in District 23. I believe 4 teams have legitimate shots at taking the title, and 5 teams will battle it out for the 3 playoff spots. Sealy would still have to be the favorite, although I can't wait for the finale in Bellville. Probably not a State Champ in the batch (perhaps Sealy if the 3 pitchers click in the playoffs), but nevertheless, 5 good teams, which should make for a very exciting stretch.

Old Cardinal
04-06-2003, 04:35 PM
Another upset...Any time you beat Sealy, you have had a good day on the diamond.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-06-2003, 09:49 PM
What a great Baseball game, not alot of offense until late in the game. But there was plenty of cockyness by the Sealy Tigers, untill the Brahmas broke it open in the top of the 7th inning. Yes there starting pitcher did one hell of a job, but he sould keep the cocky gestures to himself. You see it will come back to haunt you in the end!
Way to go Bellville with only one Sr. starter the best is yeat to come. Way to go Lucus L. a Sophmore starter for Bellville, I would like to know how many KO's he had on the Tigers.
Also when will we get back our ace Jess Buenger back on the mound???
Once again great game, Go Bellville Brahma Baseball!!!!!!!