PDA

View Full Version : TarponFanInNorthTexas

Big Tarp 74
07-30-2002, 06:20 PM
Havent seen you on the board as of late. Wanted to let you know that two transfers are here. The first is from Alice, he came in after football was over last season. He is about 6'-0" and 180 pounds. He was a running back slash linebacker. The second is from San Benito. His name is Carlos Trejo. All that I have been told about him is that he was a TE at San Benito. The player from Alice has about the same speed as CJ Bentcourt and size. The player from San Benito is about 6'-2 and about 170. I do not know about his speed. I have only been told he is somewhat fast.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-30-2002, 06:24 PM
I'm here buddypal! That's cool, but what about this big ass lineman i've been hearing about??? I thought the big lineman was the guy from Alice?

Big Tarp 74
07-31-2002, 01:13 PM
Tarponfannorthtexas, In talking with Ryne Burch, he informed me that he is big, and not 6'-0" and 180. He is more like 6'-3" or better and 230. He told Ryne that he is a running back / linebacker. If he is, then he is a big one. I was told that he has about 4.79 speed. That not to bad for a big guy. I would hate to take him on, especaily head on. The other ball player is not from San Benito, but from Los Fresnos. That is Carlos Trejo. What Ryne tells me, is that he is tall, but thin, but Ryne also stated that this kid is very fast. His speed is in the 4.5's.

Big Tarp 74
07-31-2002, 01:16 PM
TarponFanInNorthTexas, as for the big linemen, all that I have heard is that they might be comming from Smithson Valley. This reamains a question mark.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Big Tarp 74:
Tarponfannorthtexas, In talking with Ryne Burch, he informed me that he is big, and not 6'-0" and 180. He is more like 6'-3" or better and 230. He told Ryne that he is a running back / linebacker. If he is, then he is a big one. I was told that he has about 4.79 speed. That not to bad for a big guy. I would hate to take him on, especaily head on. The other ball player is not from San Benito, but from Los Fresnos. That is Carlos Trejo. What Ryne tells me, is that he is tall, but thin, but Ryne also stated that this kid is very fast. His speed is in the 4.5's.

I knew about Trejo from my friends at the bus barn. And DAMN that's a big boy! Would be fun to see him run through people like a runaway train.
Do you remember Art Vela from Lyford in the early 90s? His nickname was "runaway train".

And the guys "possibly" coming from Smithson Valley........are they moving into the new housing around the golf course? If they are, then my hunch may prove to be correct.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas:
I knew about Trejo from my friends at the bus barn. And DAMN that's a big boy! Would be fun to see him run through people like a runaway train.
Do you remember Art Vela from Lyford in the early 90s? His nickname was "runaway train".

And the guys "possibly" coming from Smithson Valley........are they moving into the new housing around the golf course? If they are, then my hunch may prove to be correct.

If you were wondering about "my hunch" it was this, I was talking to my friend Juan Hernandez about it when the course first was built.

The new housing around the golf course is going to be pretty high priced housing. It is going to attract "well-to-do" peopole from up north. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people from the Austin Westlake area, Smithson Valley, Highland Park, and Dallas suburban areas end up moving here, bringing their kids along with them.