PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Wildcats

hornet03
09-15-2002, 09:26 PM
I just want to say congradulations to th Whitney Wildcats for scoring their first pointin three games in a 28-6 loss to Grandview, I think. Keep it up Whitney.

eye of the tiger
09-15-2002, 09:35 PM
Thats a start. They have been down awhile I think. It would be good to see them win a game.

hornet03
09-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Its gonna be tough once they get into district. I really only see them having a chance agains West.

chris02
09-15-2002, 09:48 PM
u're right, west is generally the only team whitney has a chance against. i wish them the best of luck this yr, i went to a school who rarely scored let alone won i know what it can be like to hear everyone talk about how bad u suck.

KillerBee
09-15-2002, 09:50 PM
I can sympathize with Whitney much like Smithville. You've got some good athletes, but they're so used to losing that it becomes a lifestyle and you get into a rut. The coach needs to take underclassmen to a few big playoffs games this year and expose them to the excitement of the communities. Once they get a taste, I'll bet they see a big different in attitude the next fall. It's all mental and about educating them. Rosebud-Lott was once a laughing stock in late 70s and early 80s and now look at them. Another team, Danbury in 2A couldn't win to save their lives. It became an inside joke amongst sportwriters like myself: "How much you wanna bet they fumble the opening kickoff?" And half the time, they did! But now Danbury is winning six games a year and movin' on up.
I wish Whitney the best of luck. Keep your chin up and show 'em what you're made of!

hornet03
09-15-2002, 09:55 PM
I kind of feel sorry for Troy, there in the sam situation in their district. Only difference there already won a game.

Titans
09-16-2002, 10:04 AM
Whitney hasn't won a district game in 10 years and it doesn't look good this year. West is (WAS) there only shot until they pummelled Venus 63-7. Why so significant? Venus, for the last 2 years has defeated Whitney.

I know it's a new year, but Whitney only has 16 players on varsity. That's right...16.

Tough times ahead for Whitney. Take your lumps and wait for the JV/9th to pull you through in years to come.

Jacket2000
09-16-2002, 10:10 AM
Whitney had come close to beating Venus the past few seasons, plus, Venus has started 5-0(against 2a and 1 teams) the past few seasons as well. The only team Whitney has beaten over the past 7 seasons is Godley. Kinda makes ya wonder what's gonna happen when Godley comes to visit Everman. Scoreboard only has 2 digits, right?
J2K

eye of the tiger
09-16-2002, 10:16 AM
I would say Everman starters will probably only get one quarter in.

Titans
09-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Godley, against 2A Rio Vista, only mustered 35 yards of total offense. Can you imagine what Everman will do to Godley?

Everman will be smart to rest their starters for the entire game.

BTW - does Whitney play Godley this year?

JWALKER
09-16-2002, 01:02 PM
Godley only lost to granview by three points in OT. Last Year Godley Beat Venus, and there is no need for a triple digit score board with everman. Godley also made the playoffs last year just behind Rio.

[This message has been edited by JWALKER (edited September 16, 2002).]

chris02
09-16-2002, 01:51 PM
anybody know much about venus? i know quite a bit about west but haven't seen them play yet this yr and was wondering if venus just isn't that good at all or if west just happened to have a really good night...just wonderin