PDA

View Full Version : Bandera is STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

Chris Hart
12-21-2002, 04:37 PM
Way to go Bandera, congrats on winning the state championship from Burnet. What a season for 25-3A, Burnet state-runner-up in Div.I, and Bandera the State Champs in Div. II. Great year!!!

25-3A RULES!!!!

eagles_11
12-21-2002, 04:44 PM
thats tru that district proved its selves

greendog fan
12-21-2002, 04:45 PM
Chris Hart:
Way to go Bandera, congrats on winning the state championship from Burnet. What a season for 25-3A, Burnet state-runner-up in Div.I, and Bandera the State Champs in Div. II. Great year!!!

25-3A RULES!!!!Way to go Bandera. Think this will prove that district 25 3a is the toughest dist. in the state.

HotDawg89
12-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Most excellent! We are proud of you!
The Burnet Bulldogs

slpybear the bullfan
12-21-2002, 05:00 PM
Man, congrats to Bandera!

Yeah, I think you guys can definitely lay claim to "Toughest District in State!"

Good job,

Kool Tarpon 21
12-21-2002, 05:11 PM
Congrtatulations Bandera!!!
I was astonished once again by your win...
I honestly thought you guys had no chance...
You sure proved me wrong...
Well, at least I can say we lost to the STATE CHAMPIONS!!
They may have been the thoughest district in state this year, but I don't know about next year...
Well, congratulations on behalf of the PORT ISABEL TARPONS!!!
GOOD JOB!!!

turbostud
12-21-2002, 05:12 PM
Congratulations Bandera!!!!!!!!! The Bandera/Greenwood game will be replayed tonight at 9pm on Fox Sports Southwest on Direct TV. The 4a division II game is on live right now, Denton Ryan/Brenham.

Old Cardinal
12-21-2002, 05:47 PM
What a wonderful story to tell in the future! Every Coach that slips into the Playoffs by the skin of their teeth will be telling how Bandera came from obscurity to the State Championship, back in the season of 2002. This is an premere example for playing them one-game-at-a-time. Sorry the politicians cheated you folks out of a All-State spot for some of your worthy candidates.

pinecone
12-21-2002, 06:06 PM
I haven't found Bandera on the map yet, but I hope we meet on the football field in the future, because that will mean we are playing the best.
Congratulations State Champions!!!

pinecone
12-21-2002, 06:08 PM
I should say, You have put your town on the map, because I am going to look for it.

olddawggreen
12-21-2002, 06:23 PM
Congratulations Bandera! You did the District proud. Wear it with Pride!

TexDoc
12-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Congrats to the Bulldogs and Coach Williamson. There's no finer coach that I know of.

You've made this alumnus proud.

BHSfan03
12-21-2002, 07:16 PM
CONGRATS BANDERA!! Man our district is AWESOME! I just wish we (Burnet) were in D2! haha... Y'all represented our district very well!! Congrats again!

olddawggreen
12-21-2002, 07:22 PM
Chris, I am usualy a fan of your "Words of Wisdom", but your coment "congrats on winning the state championship from Burnet" is way off base and uncalled for. Most Burnet and District 25-3A fans have been supporting Bandera since they entered the Division 2 playoffs. And we are all extreemly proud of the way Bandera represented the District in the playoffs, but this year the compition between Bandera and Burnet ended after they played their district game, (Burnet 49-Bandera 14). When that was over we wanted to see Burnet and Bandera go as far as they could in the playoffs in their different divisions. As we know, both Teams were competeing for different state titles. The success of both teams spoke very well for the whole district. Chris, Im sure that you were so excited over Bandera's victory, (as I was) that you were confused about who beat who out of what. I think it was a very devisive and unnecessary comment. Both teams and District 25-3A have a lot to be proud of in 2002. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS BANDERA FOR A WONDERFUL YEAR AND A FANTASTIC JOB OF WINNING THE DIVISION 2 STATE TITLE!

BHSfan03
12-21-2002, 07:30 PM
Olddawggreen, I think what he meant was..Congrats on winning the State Championship....From Burnet- like Burnet was telling them Congrats...I think you just misunderstood.

sinton66
12-21-2002, 07:32 PM
I believe you have mis-interpreted what Chris said. He was say the congratulations were coming "from Burnet". I think you owe him an apology. wink

Chris Hart
12-21-2002, 08:48 PM
Olddawggreen,

What I meant to say was "Congrats on winning the state championship from here in Burnet". If you have been paying much attention throughout the playoffs, I have been giving my full support to Bandera, during their run. I hope you will forgive me for the minor indiscretion. :D

olddawggreen
12-21-2002, 09:33 PM
Chris, Im very sorry, I misunderstood. I came on the site to convey my congratulations to Bandera and I guess I just flat misinterputed your letter. Ive gotten so tired of seeing this site used as a shooting gallery. When I read your letter I thought it was totally out of carachter for you to be bashing anyone. But the way I read it, I just had to say something. Sorry. This is a great night for Bandera and the district. I just flat read it wrong. Please accept my sincerest appology. That goes for anyone else who I may have offended. As I said before, I am very proud of Bandera's win. Congratulations!

BurnetDawg
12-21-2002, 10:02 PM
WOOHOO GO BANDERA!!!!!!!! yall are awsome im so proud of yall......Burnet was behind you and i kept yall in my prayers for an injury free game yall are awsome go 25-3a!!!!!!!!!! :p

Chris Hart
12-21-2002, 10:45 PM
No problem olddawggreen, sometimes as (hick)country as I am, if you heard me say it you would have known what I meant, but sometimes my grammar and vocabulary is average at best, when I try to type it. I used to be fairly smart at one time though wink .

<small>[ December 21, 2002, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

big blue dog
12-21-2002, 11:55 PM
It's been an awesome ride for Bandera!

Thanks Burnet and all the other communities that were supporting us. It meant a lot to us.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FAVORITE TEAM -- THE STATE CHAMPIONS OF DIVISION II 3A -- THE AWESOME BANDERA BULLDOGS!!!!!!

j_dog
12-22-2002, 12:02 AM
pinecone:
I should say, You have put your town on the map, because I am going to look for it.Just find San Antonio and look about 40 miles west.

And congratulations Bandera on a great season! You surely surprised many of us. Your district came closest of anyone to having two state champions.

<small>[ December 21, 2002, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

SintonFan
12-22-2002, 12:09 AM
Bandera you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!
You made your district and region PROUD!!!!!
RangerMom, sorry about your loss. I know your team had one heckova ride! Be proud, too!
Congratulations to Bandera on your STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Again...
Gimme some of what that Bandera guy's having! wink

BULLDOGFAN
12-23-2002, 07:44 AM
Thanks to all the supporters. The guys really appreciated reading all these posts. They truly showed the State what hard work and believing can do.

Phil C
12-23-2002, 10:04 AM
Congratulations to Bandera on winning the Division 2 3A State Championship in football! That is an encouragement to all third place teams that get into the playoffs to keep working hard and playing your best! By the way how did your girls volleyball team do in the playoffs? I saw them play once and they were an awesome team and I know they went into the playoffs but I don't know how they did.