PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on teams in district 3-3A

sm51
07-04-2002, 10:58 AM
I was wonderin what yalls thought were on the teams in district 3-3A. And what all the teams have as far as skill this year because I dont no much about any of the teams except Merkel. Because they were in our previous district.
Thanx

eye of the tiger
07-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Sweetwater and Lamesa both have good QBs returning and should both be competitive I think. Lamesa returns 7 offense and 6 defenseive starters froma regional finalist team. Sweetewater 19 lettermen with 3-5 starters. Snyder droping down with 22 lettermen and 6-5 starters will make it a tough district. It will be a fun district to watch this year. Dont know too much about Denver City Seminole or Merkel. Good luck to all.

Chris Hart
07-04-2002, 06:06 PM
I believe Snyder wins district followed by Lamesa then Sweetwater, although Carillo is district's MVP. You may be able to turn them teams around, that's how evenly matched this district appears.My humble opinion of course.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Eagle 00
07-05-2002, 12:31 PM
Snyder has several returning on Offesne 8 it was wrong in DC. Center 5"10 245 5.2 has started for 3 years and he is the small one now. 3 other linemen a rec. FB, HB & QB. The line will be a lot bigger, quicker and stronger then last years. This mixed with some of the best skill kids around, second year in their option offense could make for a very interesting season.

Defense
7 starters Nose guard the only 2 way starter penciled in. 2- DE one has been move froma DT 6'3 195 runs 4.58. LB sophmore newcomer of the year in District 4-4A tough great nose for the ball and will light you up. He is also the best Kicker around 39-41 ect points and made 1 field goal from 43 yards out. FS alls south plains & Hon Ment. all big country 6'2 185 runs 4.7. Corner ext fast ran on sprint relay very strong. SS also returns good athlete and very aggressive.
Numbers in the program are way up 40 + over last season. Only one of these is a 2 way starter this could be a huge advantage in the big ball games. If I messed up any of this info Ram let me know.