PDA

View Full Version : giddings best coach poll, ivey or mccaig

mindy
09-19-2002, 07:54 PM
this is a no brainer, ill start it with ivey

mindy
09-19-2002, 07:59 PM
what do you think old buff or whatever your name is .... got to be ivey "GIRLS RULE"

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-20-2002, 11:41 AM
There is no question about that, Ivey is the best coach I've ever known.

lovedaddy06
09-20-2002, 06:42 PM
Sorry but Coach Warrick got it all started.

2001GiddingsLB
09-20-2002, 09:14 PM
Ivey without a doubt 13-2 best record in school history says it all we beat 4 top 10 ranked teams Cameron, Newton,
Rice Consolidated, Bellville 5 TD's -0 in scrimmage. I think that says enough and not to mention the two games that we lost we lost by a combined 11 points.

IveyOldschool02
09-20-2002, 09:40 PM
Ivey is the best coach Giddings has ever had. The staff Ivey had was the best Giddings has ever had. Coach Warrick, I know him really well, and I even played under his system for one season, he is a great coach, but Ivey had the most success. 19 - 7 combined record in two years and a undefeated district title. Odell has nothing on Ivey, his offense sucks and they are losing right now to Yoakum as we speak 21 to 0 in the third quarter. McCaig had and has nothing on Robert Ivey. I would know, I played varsity ball for both.

IveyOldschool02
09-20-2002, 09:41 PM
Hey luis, Whats up?
How is college life going?
You probaly dont know who this is, but '02 always represents.
Later

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-21-2002, 02:25 AM
Wuz up 02, in da house. That's what I'm talking about.
Anyways, I'm not sure who u r. But thanks for asking on how I'm doing. I'm doing good; I'm attending Northwood University, in Cedar Hill, it is up here by Dallas. I'm going home today, (saturday). Just 4 d weekend. So r u still around G-town or what?
Well gotz 2 go.
Later.
and Please Go Buffs.

oldbuff78
09-21-2002, 09:59 AM
How about Bill brademan? Coach of the 1951 state champs at 15 and 0.

mindy
09-21-2002, 11:45 AM
hey, iveyoldschool02, mindy sure does like you, but be careful not to discourage the current buff players, where are you at inounvme

INOUNVME
09-21-2002, 12:27 PM
I think I will plead the 5th on this one. I am a Buffaloes supporter. Whichever coach is in office, deserves our support. Maybe I will get on my soapbox one day and spill my guts. GATA

mindy
09-21-2002, 01:00 PM
come on inounvme, lets hear the whole thing i think its time, besides girls rule and i know best just trying to play a little inounvme

IveyOldschool02
09-21-2002, 02:12 PM
Whats going INOUNVME? Ah, come on. I know you support the current coach, but still you know more than most. He has no discipline. The last Bill Brademan has to be the best football coach has ever had. Then along with Ivey, Warrick, and McCaig and Roberts tie.

IveyOldschool02
09-21-2002, 02:15 PM
The Late* Bill Brademen, sorry

mindy
09-21-2002, 06:28 PM
inounvme ,, 9pm

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:06 PM
where are you at inounvme or any other buff fan

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:11 PM
any buff fans out there

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:14 PM
any buff fans out there

maskedassassin
09-21-2002, 09:49 PM
Are you still here Mindy? I have been reading your posts with intrest. I was at the buffs game on Friday and the problem to me looked like they are not very deep. I don't think coaching or talent or anything other than fatigue got to them. Were you at the game? Do you agree? There are some talented players but a lot of those are hurt or are having to play both ways. It really seemed to show in the fourth quarter. Just my opinion though, what was your take?

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:55 PM
i was at the game, too many turnovers, the sad thing is yoakum showed true class by not scoring two more times, they could have easily, good for coach crow, you better get em in shape,swimming doesn't cut it...

IveyOldschool02
09-22-2002, 01:16 PM
We had a total of 27 varsity players last season. Over half played both ways. We went 13-2 having several two way players. Please do not use that as an excuse. Giddings has plenty of talent, but no coaching. The offensive system is not very good and the coaches do not have displine. That is the problem here. Can yall not see this?

maskedassassin
09-22-2002, 10:06 PM
I agree with some of what you are saying Iveyoldschool. I think the offense could use some work. I don't know if it is personnell changes or a different system, but I do think some changes need to be made. I wonder about the discipline part though. Why do you say that? From what I have read about Odell on the board he is very disciplined sometimes too much or so the word out of Grandview was. Why do you think this?

mindy
09-24-2002, 10:40 PM
giddings LB, how come you have not posted to this topic, still no doubt its coach ivey

StudEnd86
09-24-2002, 11:05 PM
All I want is a state ring. The coach could be mindy (you hottie) for all I care.

ivdunit
09-25-2002, 09:38 AM
Warrick made it a good job to have. He had staying power and with little talent at times-185 pound linemen as opposed to 285. McCaig did a good job of utilizing the talent he had, especially in '98. He rode Proske/playaction passing and defense to the Semifinals. Ivey is a great coach and had a great staff, but also had the most talented group that has come through Giddings since '86.

Some of you guys have a short memory, Ivey took his share of criticism early in his first year. Give Odell a chance-he does not exactly have a bare cupboard, but it will take time to gel. Warrick and McCaig have experienced some of the same things after leaving Giddings. Ivey is experiencing it now.

[This message has been edited by ivdunit (edited September 25, 2002).]

ivdunit
09-25-2002, 05:23 PM
Hey, Superscout! You've been around as long as anyone else. What do you think?

mindy
09-25-2002, 07:15 PM
ivdunit, if you can't make smart post don't make em, ivey rules and always will, he has always been a winner, check your history on him,,, girls rule

ivdunit
09-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Smart Post? Exactly what did I say that you disagree with...Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I was trying to point out that Conroe is rebuilding...less than 100 yards of offense in their first two games. As I pointed out before, Ivey is a great coach and has a good staff(all great guys). I am sure they will straighten out the program, but most coaches struggle some during their first year. It is hard to implement a totally new program.

mindy
09-25-2002, 07:56 PM
no one listens do they, giddings is not building a program, the program is and was in place, in a situation like that, you add to the tradition you don't tear down or take away, that planning is what makes you succesful quicker, doesn't mean your plan doesn't take longer to gel, but don't tear down what is already in place, which personally i think this is the major problem with giddings today.... don't forget i am a hottie and girls do rule and yes i was a GHS today with a smile on my face

mindy
09-25-2002, 08:19 PM
ivdunit, i am waiting for your reply, not trying to make you angry just want to talk.

ivdunit
09-25-2002, 08:27 PM
I don't disagree, but am afraid you'll have to admit that the program you are talking about no longer exists. The coach builds his program or he doesn't. It takes longer than a year or two. Ivey was building a great program, but the last coach to truly have a program in place in Giddings was Warrick. The seniors were brought up in the system and the system was successful, with or without talent. No disrespect to Ivey intended. I still agree he is a great coach, but this is why Warrick rates right up there with Ivey.

GiddingsCB
09-25-2002, 08:28 PM
This giddings program will turn around just like coach ivey's program in conroe will turn around. Mindy, you make it sound like you're not a girl by the way you keep on saying you're a girl.

ivdunit
09-25-2002, 08:29 PM
I agree with GiddingsCB on this one.

GiddingsCB
09-25-2002, 08:35 PM
do we know each other ivdunit, i'm sure you can tell who i am.

ivdunit
09-25-2002, 08:36 PM
You know me, but you'd never guess.

GiddingsCB
09-25-2002, 08:45 PM
so you agree with me that mindy's not a girl?

ivdunit
09-25-2002, 08:47 PM
I agree, you guys will turn it around and that Mindy is not a girl.

GiddingsCB
09-25-2002, 08:52 PM
Where do you go to school now ivdunit

GiddingsCB
09-25-2002, 08:53 PM
and how do you respond to these allegations mindy?

mindy
09-25-2002, 08:57 PM
hey, just because i am a football fan, and get some info from other sources doen't mean i am not a girl, in fact i take offense to that, girls do rule and you all can think what you want, also i hate to tell you that giddings would not have gotten out of the 2nd round last year if warrick was at the helm, two completely different personalities and football minds,just like everyone, the coach wins only if he has good talent and doesn't win if he doesn't,,, some of you need to get with your football, girls do rule

GiddingsCB
09-25-2002, 09:01 PM
If you are a girl then why do you feel so compelled to restate that fact in every post

mindy
09-25-2002, 09:14 PM
if you will go look at all the post there are just as many that don't say girls rule as thoughs that do, also i think some of you are a little intimadated that a girl knows nearly as much football as you think you do, come on give me a break, girls do rule!!!!!!!!!!!

GiddingsCB
09-25-2002, 09:25 PM
look mindy, i've got nothing against you, and i'm sure we'er good friends in school, but i don't want to look like a dumbass if you really are a guy trying to trick everyone, especially stud end. I like girls who know about football.

mindy
09-25-2002, 09:38 PM
good then we are on the same team,go buffs

StudEnd86
09-25-2002, 10:04 PM
ALL THAT I WANT IS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RING. I DON'T CARE WHO MY COACH IS, AND WHERE HE'S BEEN. ALL I WANT IS A STATE RING AND IF COACH ODELL CAN GET ME THAT THEN GREAT. BUT IF NOT I MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE TONY VALASTRO A CALL.

mindy
09-25-2002, 10:10 PM
not a good statement, 86, don't sale out your teammates and don't be selfish, might want to think about cameron, then smithville and hutto to get out of this week district we are in,,,

dovehunter
09-25-2002, 11:58 PM
I'll place my vote for Ivey and his staff. But I'll also say that it doesn't really matter anymore. Coach Ivey sometimes mentioned teams who were "Living on last year." That is what Giddings is doing now.

Going to the Semifinals and being a part of something similar to what Giddings had last year is great, and I for one will never forget it, but it won't carry you through the next game, or the rest of the season.

At some point you have to realize this. I know its tough and I know everyone (including me) would like to see Coach Ivey and his staff still in Giddings, but its not going to happen.

I can't believe I am saying this, but it is about time that we started supporting the staff that is in place right now. They have some huge shoes to fill that Ivey and his staff left behind.

IveyOldschool02
09-26-2002, 01:33 PM
That was a great post there by "dovehunter", we all need to support the current staff, even this hard headed fool. Lehmann, call Coach V, I heard he was looking for a D-End. Play hard and be a leader. GATA and HAW!!!