PDA

View Full Version : ANY PREDICTIONS ON SWEETWATER AND GREENWOOD

smustangs
12-01-2002, 10:20 AM
both sweetwater and greenwood have high quality football teams who do yall think will take this and advace

MustangFan03
12-01-2002, 10:41 PM
Its hard to beat a team twice in one year....I will take the mustangs in a hard fought battle...

callandraise
12-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Got to go with Greenwood on this one unless Sweetwater can develope a passing game in the next week.Greenwood is too fast to run around and too tough to run through.Carrillo will break a few good gains on them ,he would do that against anyone but I don't think he can do it often enough to beat them.What I think and fifty cents will get you a cup of coffee or a least it used to.Anyway good luck to both teams I'm glad someone from our area is going to be regional champs. CALLANDRAISE

pero chato
12-02-2002, 12:20 PM
Mustangs by 4, 24-20. The first game was a bit unusual because of the weather delay. I think both teams will score more in this game than their first meeting.

JTmoney
12-03-2002, 04:13 PM
I think the water takes this contest. Carrilo will take care of bussiness. It will come down to the wire but the water will come out on top.

spiderman
12-03-2002, 05:35 PM
I'm going with Sweetwater too, but it will probably be close.....Sweetwater by 6. Carillo and company are loaded with competitiveness. They are a fun group to watch! Good luck to the Mustangs!

screechin stang
12-04-2002, 12:10 AM
<small>[ December 06, 2002, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: screechin stang ]</small>

smustangs
12-04-2002, 09:45 PM
ok screeching whatever dont get on here and be dumb this is a serious web site dont be dumb with the 5.3 40 i think he can fly stuff

mustang04
12-04-2002, 09:55 PM
thanx smustangs...took the words right outta my mouth......but seriously, both teams are good and it will be a good game for people to come watch, its just who wants it the most and whose willing to sacrifice more to play another week...good luck to both our teams

screechin stang
12-04-2002, 09:57 PM
im sorry that was a mistype i meant 4.3

Ranger Mom
12-04-2002, 10:57 PM
Good Luck to Sweetwater and heres to a good, clean game. Of course I want my Rangers to win, but if we don't, is there room on the Sweetwater bandwagon for a Ranger Fan???

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

Ranger Mom
12-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Oops - another one of those darn double posts!!

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

sweet fan of water
12-04-2002, 11:41 PM
I think that this should be a great one to watch. both teams run the wishbone better than anyone else in the state. i'm sure that greenwood has grown alot as a team since we first met, but i guarantee that sweetwater is a totally different team since then. same game plan, just some experience, heart, and desire that was missing. should be a close one. oh and rangermom (and anyone else) i'm sure you would be more than welcome for you to hop on the bandwagon at anytime. good luck to both teams

sweet fan of water
12-04-2002, 11:43 PM
I think that this should be a great one to watch. both teams run the wishbone better than anyone else in the state. i'm sure that greenwood has grown alot as a team since we first met, but i guarantee that sweetwater is a totally different team since then. same game plan, just some experience, heart, and desire that was missing. should be a close one. oh and rangermom (and anyone else) i'm sure you would be more than welcome to hop on the bandwagon at anytime. good luck to both teams

screechin stang
12-05-2002, 10:48 PM
ok on a more serious note i think sweetwater will come out on top late in the fourth in a hard fought game sweetwater has grown a lot since that crazy game and greenwood has a heck of a team but swater has grown alot since then (alot of that happend against decatur) decatur deserves alot of credit they were definitely a strong team it coulda gone either way but this week i think itll be a shootout just like last wit sweetwater comin out on top

Chief Woodman
12-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Screech- I think that was a complement to Decatur. It was an exciting game. I have always said results count and excuses do not so PLEASE do not take what I am about to say as crying. You guys did play great and deserved to win. However, I wish you could have seen our team at its best. QB Dane's ankle was so bad it eliminated close to 45% of our playbook (Rollout protection, QB draw, QB off tackle after fake to McKinney- who had 150 yards rushing. After establishing the McKinney cutback, Dane had holes on the right side you could have driven a truck through, but he could not run. Again, I am NOT saying "we should have won except". I see that sweetwater fans love good football. Just wish you could have seen us at our best cause I think you would have been very impressed. Our team just like yours has the never quit attitude. They get it form their coach, who grew up in Brownwood and played for Gordon Wood, winning a state title. One last thing- I know your boys did not mean too- (At least I pray so) But their high-low blocking technique (sometimes call chop blocking) Caused some serious injuries. High low blocking is where one O lineman engages a D lineman high, then a second O lineman blocks him low. If he stays above the waist it is ok. But when the second O lineman hits the knees of the D lineman it can cause serious injuries. So much so that the NFL has banned the technique because of the injuries it causes. Blocking high-high on a double team is just as effective, and helps prevent injuries.

Chief Woodman
12-07-2002, 11:36 AM
Callandraise- Carillo is very, very good. But that does not mean he will break a big gain on anyone. He only gained 66 yards againt the Decatur "D". So Greenwood can contain him, it just take heart and effort.