PDA

View Full Version : Wills Point vs Canton

cajun1
10-23-2002, 09:07 AM
What does evrybody thick the score will be at this game..
The lights are terrible over there and I am trying to getting some flash lights to tape to the poles over there to help them at lease see our guy's in front of them...
I think this score will be some where around 50-0.
:D

PPHSfan
10-23-2002, 10:56 AM
The Tigers Destroy Canton, Van, and Brownsboro by 40+ in each game and end the regular season with the number 1 offense in 3A as far as points scored go.....But then they meet up with Forney and the story changes. Good luck on your 10-0 district winning season, its a crying shame you have to play Forney in the first round.

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

PPHSfan
10-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Hey Wills Point...I just realized, you guys could score 450 points in the regular season this year. Would that be a School Record? eek! eek! eek!

cajun1
10-23-2002, 11:30 AM
School record I don't know? But, to meet Forney will be pleasing because this time they are more of a team then just a one man team...
I do think we can beat them it may just be a little but, a W is a win no matter how you put it... :D :D :D

Jimbotex40
10-23-2002, 03:50 PM
dont under-estimate your team cajun.

yall win win by more than 50 and you know it.

i guess you just said that so you wont feel bad if yall dont score more than that due to the light factor

CRUSHER
10-23-2002, 03:50 PM
How much did Wills Point pay the UIL to make up this district!!!!

Jimbotex40
10-23-2002, 03:57 PM
crusher, if you had a single ounce of common sense in you 285 pound frame, i am sure that you would not have just made that previous statement.

why would a team want to blow everyone out in district? theres no point of it.

if anything they would have tried to pay UIL to get out of it.

WpSr03
10-23-2002, 04:57 PM
And Jimbo that was actually the first smart comment from YOU. Yes, we would have paid to get out of this district if possible, it does nothing to prepare us for playoffs and a first round meet with Forney. There is no desire to blow everyone away, it proves nothing, the only chance we have right now to prove ourselves is the first round. And yes we are capable of scoring even 70+ points on all our district games this year except for the fact that second string getting a half to themselves is one of the few ways that we can prepare for the playoffs (that's called developing depth and getting experience in the ranks BTW...) Yes, we will destroy Canton and everyone else, but why should be be ragged on and called 'overrated' just becuase our district? I honestly believe our offense can compete with any defense in Texas 3a, not even close to being able to destroy everyone, no the key word here is COMPETE (Just in case I get called sophomoric by Jacket, trying to make a serious post this time). And PPHS, why is it so unfortunate to meet Forney? Is it better to meet them in the 2nd round? Or deeper? What's the difference, if we are destined to lose to Forney, it doesn't matter where it is. Our goal is to go all the way, and in that sense it doesn't matter when we play a team. Going 3 rounds and getting stopped is the same, in a sense, as getting stopped in round 1. Either way, it's going to be a good team that beats us. No, playing Forney is actually a great thing for WP, becuase if (IF) we win that game, it's liable to shut half of 3a up. It would be an awesome day in WP, and are we capable? I believe so, but hey, there's a day and time for this right?

PPHSfan
10-23-2002, 05:25 PM
I guess my point would be that if you met someone besides Forney, you might get a little bit of that tougher competition that would be nice to have before you met them. It's unfortunate that you won't be able to get that in district. Maybe your Head Coach should try scheduling you a tougher pre-season for the next couple of years, even if you go all the way this year, it would still be nice to have some more competition next year. I really do wish you guys alot of luck, but I have family in Forney and have been a JackBunny fan for a long time, and I know Forneys program. Their Defense is Solid, and they somehow manage to get it done on offense as well. I think what Forney has going for them more than anything is they have great athletes, maybe not great football players, but Big Strong Fast kids can do alot. Anyway, good luck from here on out.

CRUSHER
10-23-2002, 06:40 PM
Well when Wills Point get pass district they won't be prepared. They will lose in the first round. And I say this because they have not been tested. And you will say " we played Gilmer" and who have they played. I don't think they are that good. Look at who they have played. And as far as playing Lindale give me a break they are way over rated. They will be lucky if they even make the playoffs. But I know one thing that is for sure you better do it this year because you got nothing behind you.

eye of the tiger
10-23-2002, 07:12 PM
I think Wills Point will win this one by 4 touchdowns.

WpSr03
10-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Yes, I would say we played Gilmer, but you are right on that. They have not been tested, but they really are the only top 3a team we have played (not top 10, just top...) and Lindale is overrated as always, I agree. But I'm sure our coaches actually tried to schedule a tough pre-district line of games. I'm sure the thinking went as follows:
We ALWAYS play Lindale, and they ALWAYS win
3 4a schools, there's gotta be talent there?
Gilmer, an iffy team that looks to be awesome
Had to play Lindale, it's a tradition, and despite being overrated they are always a pretty good team.
They 4a schools were flukes, I'll say that. But how were we to know that? At least we SCHEDULED 4a teams, not 1 or 2 but 3!
Gilmer turned out to be a hit, how can that be denied. Noone really knows just how good they are yet, but the fact is that they flat out challenged us for 4 quarters, that team rode our butts till the final Gilmer pass that almost took the small town of WP's breath away. Doesn't matter how good they are, this isn't about ratings, it's about being challenged. And I would say Gilmer brought it to us in spades.
So say what you want about how we scheduled, but I just broke it down for you. Make sense? Anyone with half a brain could understand what I'm saying. And I definately think we will be ready for Forney. Them getting us in round 1 is more a problem for them, for simple reasons. We have lost to a top 10 team in round 1 for the past 3 years, and we have made it known that round one is ours this year. We are a top 10 team, we have our best team in years, and round one is our advantage, it's our time to get what we have been denied time and time again. Let the other top teams have their easy round 1 games, their guaranteed wins... It's going to be our week, and overcomming Forney will give us all the confidence WP needs to manuever into the State Final. Think about it, you can't win state without being challenged, and we are getting it from round 1 throughout. I would say the playoffs will prepare us all we need for the rest of the playoffs...

aamove
10-23-2002, 11:31 PM
I have to agree with Eye of the Tiger. Wills Point
wins this one by at least four touchdowns. And as far as the lack of competition in their district, I don't think it will be a big factor when they face Forney. There are more important factors to consider in a Forney/ W-P game. Number one is Forney's ability to adjust their game in the second half. So far there is only one team I've seen this year that is better at making adjustments and that would be Commerce.

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: aamove ]</small>

Rabbit'93
10-23-2002, 11:37 PM
WP in a ROMP. 52-7. Good luck with those terrible lights.

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

Jimbotex40
10-23-2002, 11:40 PM
hey aamove. im the idiot that always yells at the games.

have u ever seen or heard me?

it was my friend who blew that air horn and almost got kicked out when blewing it blatantly after being told over the intercom not to.
then coach rush come from the sidelines and yelled,"creecyyyyyyyyyyy! give me that air horn"

jason
10-24-2002, 12:21 AM
hey AAMOVE..Forney beat Commerce earlier in the year...I dont guess they adjusted too well for the second half...HAHA Forney v Wills Point should be a good one, maybe I can get off work to see it...PEACE

SkandarAkbar
10-24-2002, 12:43 AM
WP over Canton by about 80. And as far as the WP/Forney matchup will go, I think that Forney's playing Laury on both offense and defense will wear him down against WP because on defense he's going to be running up and down the field having to cover the WP receivers. I've seen both WP and Commerce play this year and WP's passing game is a lot better than Commerce's. No disrespect towards Commerce.

aamove
10-24-2002, 05:56 AM
Jimbotex .... Well,I can't honestly say that I would know you if I saw you. But, it's always good to see the support of the team. The air horn was a bit of a distraction, though.
Jason.... If you were at the Forney/Commerce game you would have to agree that, although Commerce did not win the game, they did come close. At the half Forney was in a rather confortable position and by the end of the game Commerce was within a Touchdown. And when you consider that the ball was in Commerce's possesion at the end of the game.Well,I was just happy that Forney came away with a W.

cajun1
10-24-2002, 07:23 AM
Good Morning Football players and passed football players, it is going to be a wonderful day here in Texas! Is everybody for some football Friday night??? eek!

WillsPointgradTJC
10-24-2002, 12:43 PM
What if Wills point shuts out the district, and if not the hole district is only going to score about 14 on the that would make the district score look something like 300-14 WOW. Tell me that Wills Point does not have a defence, they will give up under 100 points total for the year. Wills Point v Forney will be the game to watch, a very good team is going to leave the playoffs way too early!

WpSr03
10-24-2002, 11:38 PM
If anybody scores on us in district, I think it would be Canton. Their team is no better than the rest of those in district, but I say it would be them simply because of the rivalry... And you know how rivals tend to play against each other, but in the same sense, we will be playing top-notch against them also. And I'm sure the score will be NOWHERE NEAR 80! All our district games COULD get that high if the starters were in the whole game, but of course, they are not. Funny thing is, if Canton DOES score against us, I expect their fans to literally explode. It's cool to see how fans act when their team scores against a team they are not supposed to score on, or on a team in the state top 10, like they just won the game or something wink But best of luck to Canton, play a good game and have no regrets guys... Always a fun game!