PDA

View Full Version : 18 AAA baseball

keep_it_real
01-27-2003, 04:20 PM
whats are some opinions on the baseball teams in 18 AAA this year?

keep_it_real
01-27-2003, 04:23 PM
My preseason picks are

1. Rockdale
2. Lorena
3. Caldwell
4. Troy
5. Marlin
6. Cameron

---I really don't know much about Troy or Marlin, so those two are just guesses.

Old Cardinal
01-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Tell us about Rockdale. Returnees? record last year? Etc:

<small>[ January 27, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

keep_it_real
01-27-2003, 06:49 PM
rockdale is only losing 2 starters from last year, Joel Holden and Creeper Juarez, they have depth at third, but arent sure about first yet. Last years Tigers were a team that never reached their potential, there was certain personel that wasnt changed until too late. Starting shortstop committed over 15 errors in a span of 7 games (first round of district). Needless to say no playoffs. Most of the team is coming back, including both pitchers, Joe Robert Reyes anchoring the mound and behind him is Alden Trivino. Im partial to them so I picked them over lorena, but Rockdales guys learned from what not to listen to and what to listen too, and what individual changes to make. GOOD LUCK TIGERS

keep_it_real
01-27-2003, 06:56 PM
so basicly 7 out of 9 starters are returning, and about the personel thing,,, theres a few guys who shouldve started last year that will start this year, so it should be interesting. What about the other teams around the district. Marlin, and Troy?

Goat70
01-28-2003, 08:46 PM
How in the heck do u pick Rockdale over Lorena.
Lorena is just so dominate.

keep_it_real
01-28-2003, 09:30 PM
who all did lorena lose? I thought they lost one of their 2 pitchers, and a hand full of starters. Also schedule strength in that district was different than the one they are in now. Don't get me wrong though, I know they are good.