PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska football and Houston Nutt...

KTJ
01-02-2004, 11:37 PM
This is getting ridiculous. First off, why would the NU AD want Nutt anyway? He hasn't done anything spectacular in at Arkie.

And second, the NU AD is making the alum very upset with every second that ticks away that they don't have a coach. This is seriously dragging the Nebraska name through the mud and it's making them look like jackasses.

VWG
01-02-2004, 11:41 PM
KTJ:
This is getting ridiculous. First off, why would the NU AD want Nutt anyway? He hasn't done anything spectacular in at Arkie.

And second, the NU AD is making the alum very upset with every second that ticks away that they don't have a coach. This is seriously dragging the Nebraska name through the mud and it's making them look like jackasses.I wouldn't say the Nutt hasn't done anything at Arkansas. I'm no hog fan, but they guy does a good job with what he has. Arkansas isn't a "traditional power" like other SEC schools, but every year Nutt hangs in there and fights it out with the conf. schedule he has to deal with.
Who else would Nebraska go for? A smaller college coach from Boise State, etc...?

KTJ
01-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Who has done more? That'd be Solich. They should have never let him go.

VWG:

KTJ:

And second, the NU AD is making the alum very upset with every second that ticks away that they don't have a coach. This is seriously dragging the Nebraska name through the mud and it's making them look like jackasses.I wouldn't say the Nutt hasn't done anything at Arkansas. I'm no hog fan, but they guy does a good job with what he has. Arkansas isn't a "traditional power" like other SEC schools, but every year Nutt hangs in there and fights it out with the conf. schedule he has to deal with.
Who else would Nebraska go for? A smaller college coach from Boise State, etc...?

husker_football_fan
01-03-2004, 12:45 AM
While I agree with letting go of Frank was a good move, it was done at the wrong time. What is so bad about the whole thing is the list of coaches the AD has gone through. When they finally do get a coach it wont be their first second third or maybe fourth pick. Who wants the pressure of the Big 12 at a school were nine wins doesnt work. Nebraska is a Mack Brown nightmare.

dawgdad
01-03-2004, 07:53 PM
He hasn't done anything, but he sure beat the hell out of TU.

Keith7
01-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Just out of curiosity..
When Nebraska gets a new coach.. will they stop being an option team?

Bulldog92
01-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Keith7:
Just out of curiosity..
When Nebraska gets a new coach.. will they stop being an option team?I would think so. I think that's part of the reason that Solich was let go in the first place. It looks like Pederson wants to change the way the Huskers recruit and play offensive football and it was becoming obvious that both their offense and recruiting weren't at the level of Texas and Oklahoma. I think they'll have to settle on Pelini, though, because they overvalued the prestige of the program. As a Husker fan, I'd like to think that high-profile coaches would take the money and jump at that job. Obviously, that's not the case and I'm sure every Husker fan alive is perplexed by the whole situation.

Birdman
01-03-2004, 10:41 PM
KTJ, Houston Nutt has written the Mack Brown Owners Manual. Maybe UT should hire him, or should I say, "try" to hire him. On behalf of all the Hogs and Sooners, please keep Mack Brown in Austin!!! wink

punt
01-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Also, on behalf of OSU, please keep Mack Brown and most of all his defensive and offensive coordinators.