PDA

View Full Version : Big Red 01

Old Cardinal
04-28-2003, 09:05 AM
Many of you have enjoyed Big Red 01 on this board. Well he has been on secret mission in Iraq, as a Combat Engineer. That ole 36 year old will receive the Bronze Star for his efforts..... We who have had family over there again thank you for your prayers and support for out troops....Its kind of comical the Dixie Chicks figuratively "showed their butts" over in England. Now I hear that they posed nude on the cover of Entertainment Magazine; I guess that is "literally showing their butts" this time....I wiuld hope you will call the local music stores and politely ask them to take their materials off the shelves!

Old Dog
04-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the update. We are really proud of our service personal and honor their accomplishments. Our hats are off to you!

As for the "chicks", it might interest you to know that Waco100 radio has been running a poll on their internet site about playing them or not. The "don't play them" has been running around 75%! Even liberal Austin's KVET's listeners have rejected them!

sinton66
04-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Congratulations to Big Red 01, and to Old Cardinal. The Bronze Star is a significant medal. My older brother won it in VietNam while fighting with the Marine Recon group. Be very proud of him, Old Card, I know what my brother did to earn his.

On the subject of the "Dixie Chunks", apparently they have NO SHAME and are now only looking to capitalize on the publicity. In the entertainment industry, there is an old saying that there is "no such thing as bad publicity". I think this incident with the "Chunks" may prove that old adage wrong.

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

BH_146
04-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Old Cardinal, that is great news and here's wishing him continued safety.

As far as the Dixie Chicks, I am for anyone being able to speak their mind. And I'm for the general public to let them know that we don't like what they had to say. They won't get one red cent from me. I only wish we could have the same resolve when some professionals in the sporting world flaunt their "we don't really care, give us more money" attitude in our faces.