PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale 42 Everman 33

bleedgreen
09-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Looks like I'm the first one to post this score. What was it Aretha Franklin sang......RESPECT. I'm so excited I don't know what to say. I'll talk later.

PPHSfan
09-27-2002, 10:51 PM
R E S P E C T. spells respect. and W O W spells WOW. WTG Kennendale. Congratulations, I bet yall are gonna have to sit on your hands all week to keep from waving at everybody.

Chris Hart
09-27-2002, 10:54 PM
I've got to admit, I didn't see this one coming.Huge upset,way to go Wildcats!

Rabbit'93
09-27-2002, 10:55 PM
I'll be first in line for my helping of crow. I guess that's why they play the game on the field and not by words on a message board. congrats to the Wildcats on a huge victory.

The One
09-27-2002, 10:56 PM
First off Congrats and i hope your not pulling my leg! Well I will eat crow here too, I cant believe it. This has been the night of upsets, wonder if Jasper got knocked off...

Owen B
09-27-2002, 10:59 PM
Congratulations to Kennedale!

And yes, The One, Jasper lost 14-6.

Wildcat2004
09-27-2002, 11:13 PM
Whats up now? All you people that been haten, now what? Kennedale was crunk even when we were down 14-0. We held it down. So now we in the Driver seat of the District. Thats why we-THA BIG TRUCK DRIVERS.

Rabbit'93
09-27-2002, 11:27 PM
So much for modesty.

o'cowboy
09-27-2002, 11:29 PM
Congrats to Kennedale on big victory, not much peole gave you guys a chance.

o'cowboy
09-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Congrats to Kennendale on big victory, not much peole gave you guys a chance.

surfspike
09-27-2002, 11:45 PM
im confused.

wildstangs
09-28-2002, 12:20 AM
I like my crow with ketchup. Congrats on the huge win Wildcats!

bleedgreen
09-28-2002, 12:22 AM
I wrote a long reply but it never would post. I'll talk when the board is not so busy.

LG
09-28-2002, 12:31 AM
First off i would like to say congrats to Kennedale, but the game was terrible. Where were the defenses tonight? It's like they didn't even show up. It was an offensive of game. The officiating was terrible to. There were plenty of calls the refs missed against kennedale. They were calling a one way ball game. I'm not saying these two teams suck, but if they don't find their defenses soon then there is no hope for either of them in the post season.

eagle_fan
09-28-2002, 12:38 AM
i agree with lg is this the team that was wondering what would happen if they played newton last week or so ? they gave up way to many pts

sinton66
09-28-2002, 07:33 AM
Even us old guys can be wrong sometimes. Congrats to Kennendale. Data Poll was WAY out of whack on this one.

bleedgreen
09-28-2002, 09:09 AM
I know there were reporters at the game who cover Kennedale but I haven't been able to find their web site yet. In the meantime, if you're interested, a brief article is listed below: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/high_school/

Somebody said the refs called the game one way. That's a typical response when you start looking for excuses. I saw text book clips, late hits, face mask and overly aggressive defensive play that I think were the result of frustration. They could not keep it together as a team and started making huge mistakes. I liked what the QB said "We needed this loss because since we think we're state champs, everybody is going to lay down." The bottom line is, I think Everman was reading too many polls and point spreads.
Everman's defense wreaked havoc in our backfield. Their defense front line is awesome. Their big, fast and smart. What coach Barrett does is keep you guessing what's coming next. That will keep you off balance and allow for big plays.
Because Everman made mistakes, it allowed the Cats to stay in the game. It hurts to fumble on your own 1-yard line and later, throw an interception on your own 35. I said earlier if the Dawgs had to punt 3 times, we might win....wel-l-l-l-l, they punted twice and failed on a fourth down conversion. The Everman kickoff returns blundered a couple of times and never really established good field positions to work from. But heck, who needs field position when you have the likes of Harrell, Benton, Miller and Jennings. Lord have mercy, what a backfield.
I guess all the local fans read the polls too, because the stadium could have held a lot more people. I'm still trying to recover my voice. If you were at the game, please give a post Matthew328 or tell me what post to go to. Thanks.

bleedgreen
09-28-2002, 09:20 AM
If Everman played Kennedale 5 times, Kennedale would win one....it was played last night.

LG
09-28-2002, 10:13 AM
I'm not saying that all of the game was called wrong. In fact most of them penalties that were called against everman were correct, but I also saw holding, late hits, and clipping against kennedale that was never called. I mean the ref was standing right there and the play was already over and an everman man just happens to go flying through the air. Nothing was called. What did he do throw himself. I will agree that mistakes were costly to everman escpecially on their kick return, but I still have to say there was no defense there last night. There were a couple of good plays by each side, but all together each defense did a poor job.

bleedgreen
09-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Everman did not have bad defense. You're not going to tackle what you can't catch. I didn't see anyone "catch up to" Harper once he got open. There were no Deon Sander's on the field last night. It's a matter of containment and Everman was caught off guard. If you focus on Harper (198 yards), then you pull out other weapons. Then you start guessing. When you start guessing, then you start gambling. Gambling didn't pay off last night but when it does, you're a genius.

I saw the state champs last night. Kennedale was just a bump in the road down to Austin .

SintonFan
09-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Congrats Kennedale! You guys are L E G I T!

bulldog65
09-28-2002, 06:46 PM
Hey bleedgreen congratulations on a great victory. Kennendale's players did an outstanding job! My son didn't want to get up and go study the game film, and I'm sure a lot of other players felt the same way. Best of luck the rest of the way.

this is the way we ball
09-28-2002, 09:08 PM
Alright, wait a minute, hold up... If anybody on this board is going to try and act like the refs were one sided then you are dead WRONG. The only way that the Dawgs could be beat was if they made mistakes... Well, they did. No Excuses!

LG, the game was not terrible, it was the best high school game I have ever seen. To try and say that both defenses were terrible is a slap in the face to both offenses.. Both of these teams have awesome offenses, and as a result they put points on the board. You can't shut down a good team and these are both great teams.. Did you want the score to be 7-0. If it was, you would be saying that both teams played terrible offensively.

What calls are you talking about that the refs missed against Kennedale? If these two teams don't find their defenses then their is no hope for them in the post-season.... Did you really say that? That is ridiculous. I try not to ever say something insulting on this forum, but you are an idiot!

You know what Snoop Dogg says: "Don't cry, dry your eye"

Matthew328
09-28-2002, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't say either teams defenses were bad I thought there were just 2 great offenses on the field...I don't want to sound like a whiner or anything...all the calls on Everman were legit...BUT there were a couple of obvious holds on both TD runs that were missed...especially on KHS last TD run of the half when KHS running back not sure if it was Ross or Harper came around the corner Everman safety came up to fill and he just got tackled right in front of the KHS bench..that one sticks to me...also a lil home cooking was in order on Everman's drive to end the half the hometown clock guy ran off a couple of extra ticks like 4 straight plays...on things like incompletions and first downs when the clock stops to move the chains..Everman prolly gets an extra 8 seconds at the end of the half if the game is at a neutral site..ohh well that is homefield advantage..and even if they do call a hold on the TD Everman still losses..

Matthew328
09-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Just for the record the penalty story was Everman 12 penalties for 105 yards...Kennedale 2 penalties for 15 yards..

evebulldog01
09-28-2002, 11:26 PM
Kennedale deserves a lot of credit in a great win over us. My worst fears came true lats night I saw an everman team that came out flat and was far to over confident. I also saw an Everman team that hurt its self. Matt i'm going to have to disagree with you about the DE's to me by far our biggest weaknes is at middle linebacker. Juan would not stay home and that was killing us. I don't know why we can't find a group of returners on special teams. Flat out we beat our selves in a lot of sittuations. Just like Matt said I don't want to sound like a winner but quite a few people I have talked to that aren't Everman fans said it was rather one sided in favor of kennedale in regrads to the way the refs called the game. Only two things though stuck out in my mind that they did. One was the fact that the ref on the everman side of the field never once looked up to see if a kick was good and completly relied on the kennedale side to determine if a kick was good. The second was the fact that in broad view coach Barrett was visibly disgusted after a clip was commited by #1 for Kennedale however after realizing the ref hadn't called it he began to celebrate. I may have read this sittuation wrong but that is how it appeared to me. In one question and if anyone knows this I would appreciatean answer to inform some of my friends I thought a coach wasn't allowed to cross the tweenty yard line at any point of the game as well as not being allowed to cross the numbers on the playing field. I may be wrong but if this is the case then Caoch Barrett and his staff frequently broke this rule. However, I'm almost certain that if Everman's staff was in the same situation we would probably be doing the same thing. Putting this aside I still say like I did yesterdad that I haven't lost any respect for Kennedale If anything I have more respect for you team.