PDA

View Full Version : Forney's uniforms...

crzyjournalist03
08-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Last year there was a lot of talk that Forney was going to change their uniforms this year since they're changing stadiums. I heard that they were supposed to look similar to Pittsburgh's uniforms. Does anybody know if we did go through with the change, and if so, what do they look like?

Gobbla2001
08-28-2003, 11:27 AM
The texas town of Pittsburg, the Univ. of Pittsburg, or the Pittsburg Steelers?

Uni changes are always fun to wait for, some can't wait, some just want it to the stay the same etc...

We got new ones in '01, now we're getting new ones for '03 (Cuz of the coaching change)... We always had a hint of black in our uni's, but I believe Coach Reeve is gunna make it the traditional Green and White Only...

Let me know what your uni's look like, I'd like to see 'em...

crzyjournalist03
08-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Steelers is what the original plan was.

3afan
08-28-2003, 12:11 PM
Gobbla2001:

Uni changes are always fun to wait for, some can't wait, some just want it to the stay the same etc...

We got new ones in '01, now we're getting new ones for '03 (Cuz of the coaching change)... We always had a hint of black in our uni's, but I believe Coach Reeve is gunna make it the traditional Green and White Only...

Let me know what your uni's look like, I'd like to see 'em...by the way its Pittsburg, TX, and the U. of PittsburgH and the PittsburgH Steelers - the TX version has no H on the end, the PA versions do

he's referring to the Steelers, black helmets, black jerseys and yellow pants - the look forney has up until the 2000s ... I too was hoping they'd get away from the all black (ugh)

agrabfan
08-28-2003, 01:18 PM
The jerseys are somewhat different, as they have
blended more gold in with the black and white.
They have the numbers outlined in gold, and there
is a gold band around the collar and some gold piping on the sleeves. The pants may also have a
gold stripe but I am not for sure.

Gobbla2001
08-28-2003, 02:21 PM
tHanks for clearing tHat up for me (seriously)...

PittsburgH really isn't part of my every day vocab...

THanks...

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

jason
08-28-2003, 03:30 PM
3afan:

Gobbla2001:

Let me know what your uni's look like, I'd like to see 'em...by the way its Pittsburg, TX, and the U. of PittsburgH and the PittsburgH Steelers - the TX version has no H on the end, the PA versions do

he's referring to the Steelers, black helmets, black jerseys and yellow pants - the look forney has up until the 2000s ... I too was hoping they'd get away from the all black (ugh)you would notice something like that, wouldnt you...

Gobbla2001
08-28-2003, 03:45 PM
oops

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
08-28-2003, 03:47 PM
oops, sorry jason, thought you were smackin' at me so I typed some smack back, oops...

Sorry bud...

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

3afan
08-28-2003, 03:50 PM
jason:

3afan:

Gobbla2001:

he's referring to the Steelers, black helmets, black jerseys and yellow pants - the look forney has up until the 2000s ... I too was hoping they'd get away from the all black (ugh)you would notice something like that, wouldnt you...hey - its my job !!!!!!!!!!!!!

crzyjournalist03
08-28-2003, 04:50 PM
so we're still going with the all black helmets with no logo?

3afan2K3
08-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Yes they did

Rabbit'93
08-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Forney went with a logo when we turned 3A back in the '80s. And we didn't do well, so they went back to no logo at all.

merlin69
08-29-2003, 10:04 AM
i think the new uni's are pretty homo. Forney had classic look with the all black, only to be screwed up.

Rabbit'93
08-29-2003, 10:41 AM
Classic? It was boring if you ask me? Besides the school colors are black and gold, not black and white.