PDA

View Full Version : Elgin: Fastest team I've seen thusfar

Old Cardinal
11-27-2002, 07:59 PM
I have seen quite a lot of fast teams this year, but Elgin had 3 backs plus 1 split that were on the Bronze Metal sprint-relay team for State last year. Now that is as fast as anyone in our Region. There is a lot of exceptional speed in Region III this year. Nearly every playoff team had at least one top sprinter. I think Elgin will make a strong statement in football in the next few years.

bulldog65
11-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Old Card, I've been reading your post's for some time now. I know you get around and get to see a lot of football on Friday nights. Just curious, how many of the 8 remaining teams in D1 have you seen this year? What are your thoughts on Atlanta/Forney?

Old Cardinal
11-27-2002, 10:36 PM
I have seen quite a few teams this year, most of those teams are eliminated. Of the remaining Div. I's, just Jasper and Bridge City this year. Unfortunately for BC, I saw Sinton last year, what a program. BC was hobbled with injuries in most key positions in 2001; however, Sinton was by far the stronger team. I have studied the Forney/Atlanta situation using criteria that sometimes works for me and I think Forney is by far the best team. Atlanta has 3 loses and should have. Gainesville was not anything like the formidable foe that Forney will be. Jasper, is unbelievable in size,speed and depth. Bridge City has cunning and a Coach that engineers a good game plan. Yes, they lost one to Newton(ranked #1 with on injuries early on), with a brand new Coach, a new offense, and a whole new defensive scheme. I think that BC will give them as good a game as anyone else....Everman will be playing Forney, in my humble opinion.

BigBrother70
11-28-2002, 06:54 AM
Just wanted to add that BC has 2 of the best athletes I have seen this year. The Peoples kid is all everyone says he is, a goooooood football player.
The Quarterback/Punter/Placekicker/MrIcandoitall
maybe be the best all around athlete I have seen this year.
I wouldn't take this Duo lightly

06_star_rtx
11-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Elgin is fast. But Marlins faster.

Old Cardinal
11-28-2002, 01:00 PM
To 06: Which games did you see Marlin play and which games did you see Elgin play?

06_star_rtx
11-28-2002, 01:17 PM
rockdale and elgin and rockdale and marlin

Old Cardinal
11-28-2002, 01:25 PM
To 06, I figured that Marlin was fast to beat Newton and Ennis they had to spring some people. By the way, you guys making two rounds is quite a successful season! Good luck next year.

lex11
11-29-2002, 08:54 AM
I was at the Rockdale game and i saw Elgin QB run 99 yards for a TD.And know one was close for 20 yards now thats fast.