PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill vs. Liberty

Disputant
08-14-2003, 01:06 PM
I don't see how Barbers Hill can beat Liberty this season. Liberty's coach said last year that even though they lost they physically whipped BH up and down the field. I guess some Barbers Hill players will end up dead on the field this year! Good luck against the Panthers this year Eagles, but stay out of their way. You could get physically pounded. Maybe the Eagles could wear the same gear a hockey goalie wears. Or how about some suits of armor. Might not win, but you could live to play again.

trojandad
08-14-2003, 01:10 PM
The best smack talkers come from Liberty, I swear. Think they'll lead the board in ROM's again this year? LOL

RBARKER
08-14-2003, 03:43 PM
I shouldn't even respond to this post but what the heck. Sounds like the Liberty coach, if that is what he said is makeing excuses. Liberty has a good team and it will be hard for the Eagles to win this year, but the Eagles will not fall easily. They are not the 4 time undefeated defending district Champs for nothing.

<small>[ August 14, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

Old Cardinal
08-14-2003, 08:49 PM
To RBarker: I know that Liberty has that once- every-ten-year-team over their; but it's almost impossible to pull for the ROM'ies from Liberty. Yes, they will be tough and not as Gentlemanly as BH-so I am pulling for you to win, in your game against them. I still say its a toss-up at this point(BH verses the Panthers)....I am glad Bridge City is playing them; our young Sophomores need to face a good team that trys to pull some real intimidation stunts. Bridge City needs a team to really try to hack them off, an Liberty always has the attitude, out on the field, to do just that.

trojandad
08-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Too true, RBarker. I mean I might like to talk up our bunch, but until someone dethrones you guys, like Ali said, the champ is the champ until he gets beat, not tied.

I'd appreciate OC sharing what he knows that makes this Liberty team one of the best in 10 years. I'm looking at returnees and JV and am not seeing it. Not only has their varsity not been able to beat the best team in our district the last two years but hasn't been able to beat the second best team either. Nor their JV. And the Panthers are the only team of us three to have lost an all stater. I just don't see it, objectively speaking I mean. They're always tough, but I think the team two years ago had the athletes over this years. Just my take.

bheagledad22
08-14-2003, 11:58 PM
DO NOT COUNT OUT THE EAGLES IN DISTRICT 22 3A. I HAVE BEEN AT JUST ABOUT EVERY PRACTICE THEY HAVE A VERY GOOD OFFENSEIVE LINE AND THEY ARE VERY BIG. WITH TWO OF THE STARTERS PUSHING CLOSE TO 300 POUNDS. THEY HAVE THREE STARTERS RETURNING ON THE OFFESNSIVE LINE FROM LAST YEAR AND FAR AS DEFENSE THEY WILL BE VERY TUFF WITH SEVEN STARTERS RETURNING. I KNOW WINNING THE DISTRICT WILL BE TUFF, BUT I SEE BARBERS HILL WINNING THERE FIFTH STRAIGHT DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP. GO BIG BLUE!

RBARKER
08-15-2003, 07:42 AM
Hey bheagledad22 have you heard if the Scrimmage this Saturday will be here or in Brookshire? I'm getting conflicting reports.

EAGLETOWN
08-15-2003, 11:05 AM
It does not matter how much of a game Liberty gave us last year we still got the W. This year will be just like last year. The Liberty boys will get on here and run their hollow heads before the game. Then we will kick their butts. (AGAIN)!! Then after the game it will be the same old thing. Hey Liberty where yall go!!

EAGLELINE73
08-17-2003, 02:36 PM
THAT IS THE WAY TO STATE IT EAGLETOWN, AND AS FAR AS ALL OF THIS BS GOES LOOK AS COACH SAYS WE'LL DO THE TALKING WITH OUR PADS NOT OUR MOUTHS.

lbc05
08-17-2003, 09:57 PM
it will be a good game of course there is always alot of pre-game hype... but trust me the boys in liberty let there play speak for them, most of the time all the talkin you here is from our fans... so dont be so qiuck to think your the only team that dosent talk mess ... good luck to you bh, we will see you at our place..