PDA

View Full Version : La Grange is Ready for Sealy

Pudlugger
09-10-2003, 07:58 PM
The Leps had another great practice. Anderle's arm looks very strong and the O Line is really looking good. In Gonzales, it was the D that won the game. Friday I think the Lep O will deliver the victory.

lepfan
09-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey, Check your PM...see ya Friday night! :D

trojandad
09-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Geez Pud, I would SURE like to see that one. Is your son playing this year or was he a senior last year? We have to go watch Diboll, as we play them the following week but I'll be rootin for ya, bud.

Tiger Turtle
09-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Geez, Pud, aren't you getting a bit worked up over a non-district sparring match? After all, this ain't like the old days when LG and Sealy were in the same district, or when y'all came down and messed up our 63 game winning streak. We lost our potential D1 senior center and our starting QB with injuries, our RB was benched for disciplinary reasons last week (don't know if he will be back this week or not), and we don't have our good luck charm Ol' Raymond to lead us onto the field any more. Why, our whole program is in disarray. On top of it all, the concession stand has quit serving homemade bugers and tortilla sausage wraps. It's almost not worth renewing my 50-yard line top-row season tickets. We may not bother to show up at all Friday night, based on your glowing reports about the mighty Leps. frown

Pudlugger
09-11-2003, 11:28 AM
trojandad:
Geez Pud, I would SURE like to see that one. Is your son playing this year or was he a senior last year? We have to go watch Diboll, as we play them the following week but I'll be rootin for ya, bud.Thanks TrojanDad. He will be playing TE (#88) and maybe some OT (# 74) as well, switching jersy numbers. Wish you could come and bring some of those great sausages I have heard so much about. Good luck in yalls district, 22 always a tough one. :)

Pudlugger
09-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Tiger Turtle:
Geez, Pud, aren't you getting a bit worked up over a non-district sparring match? After all, this ain't like the old days when LG and Sealy were in the same district, or when y'all came down and messed up our 63 game winning streak. We lost our potential D1 senior center and our starting QB with injuries, our RB was benched for disciplinary reasons last week (don't know if he will be back this week or not), and we don't have our good luck charm Ol' Raymond to lead us onto the field any more. Why, our whole program is in disarray. On top of it all, the concession stand has quit serving homemade bugers and tortilla sausage wraps. It's almost not worth renewing my 50-yard line top-row season tickets. We may not bother to show up at all Friday night, based on your glowing reports about the mighty Leps. :(You bet I'm worked up. Three teams that we traditionally play really get me excited: Sealy, Giddings and Bellville. Sealy is such a great program who could not get excited, even without the tortilla wraps it is worth the drive and the rain to get to watch this game. Our whole team is up for this one. Beating Sealy will give them the boost to move up another level for district where they must beat Elgin, Manor (a much improved and fast team this year) and GIDDINGS.

What is the story on Andrus? If what I heard is true, he wouldn't be on our team after that. We will be short two defensive starters but have depth at both slots so we'll be OK. Sorry about Elmshoff, he is a hoss. Who'll be Qb for the Tigers Friday? Is your starter going to be back or not? Yeah, I'll bring my umbrella, and snorkel if need be. :D :D

Crow22
09-11-2003, 11:41 AM
What happened with Andrus?

Mid80'sTarpon
09-11-2003, 11:59 AM
"He will be playing TE (#88) and maybe some OT (# 74) as well, switching jersy numbers."

Can you switch jerseys, if so I didn't know that.

Bongo
09-11-2003, 12:10 PM
Again, what happened to Andrus....inquiring minds want to know!

Good luck to both Sealy and LaGrange for an injury-free contest.

Brahma73
09-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Pudlugger
[/qb]You bet I'm worked up. Three teams that we traditionally play really get me excited: Sealy, Giddings and Bellville.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hey Pud, you're not kidding about our rivalry. The four of us were a part of some kinda district in the recent good ol' days. Wouldn't it be great to get "realligned" back together!
Good luck to the Leps this year. Is this your kid's Sr. year?

Pudlugger
09-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Brahma73:

Pudlugger
You bet I'm worked up. Three teams that we traditionally play really get me excited: Sealy, Giddings and Bellville.[/QB]Hey Pud, you're not kidding about our rivalry. The four of us were a part of some kinda district in the recent good ol' days. Wouldn't it be great to get "realligned" back together!
Good luck to the Leps this year. Is this your kid's Sr. year?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Wow wouldn't that be a tough district! Yes, my son is a senior. Hard to beleive, time just flew by. He's having a good year so far. Good luck to the Brahmas too! :)

Chief Woodman
09-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Unless someone can correct me, I belive the NCAA rules (which HS goes by) forbids switching numbers during the game. Offending player is kicked out and not allowed to play anymore. In Decatur last year we were wanting to do the same thing....and was told it was against the rules. I will go look at the NCAA rulebook to see.

Chief Woodman
09-11-2003, 04:52 PM
On page FR-28 Rule1-4 (e)

Numbers shall not be changed during the game

Penalty: Live ball foul, 15 yards form previous spot. Flagrant offeneders shall be disqualified

Pudlugger
09-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Chief Woodman:
On page FR-28 Rule1-4 (e)

Numbers shall not be changed during the game

Penalty: Live ball foul, 15 yards form previous spot. Flagrant offeneders shall be disqualifiedWell I'm sure the Leps would not commit a foul. He will wear one or the other depending on Coach's decision. He has been practicing both positions and I'm not sure which one he will play. Sorry for the confusing post earlier.

Chief Woodman
09-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Hey no worries, was just quoting the rule book....and maybe a ref on this site could give us more info. There maybe something in the interpetation section that affects this rule. I certainly do not have all the answers. Good luck...and have fun watching him whichever position he plays.

Tiger Turtle
09-12-2003, 06:46 AM
I seem to remember that at one time it was not uncommon for a player to slip on a vest with a different number for punts or pass plays in order to make him eligible to be uncovered on the line. Haven't seen this lately, perhaps the rules were changed.

the tigers are back
09-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Yeay right! you thought you'll was ready ha! ha! ha! see ya in the first rounds for a repeat. eek!