PDA

View Full Version : aledo/glen rose

bearcat1
09-29-2001, 01:20 AM
aledo 14 GR 0 I must say there is a definite sense that something is wrong in bearcat land. there is no enthusiasm on the part of the players or fans either one. Dont know whats going on but, something just isn't right.
bc

tigerfanman
09-29-2001, 06:18 AM
I assume you were at the Aledo/Glen Rose game.
I hope you realize that Glen Rose screwed themselves out of thier chance to beat the bearcats. Worth metioning....Mathias was out w/ a sore ankle (stats equal to Patino up to last night). GR had some really stupid mistakes though, like 2 personal fouls inside the 5, negating the fact that they held on 4th down. Don't get me wrong, I understand the talent/strength levels of these teams don't even compare, but if they'd been sharp they could have taken advantage of a flat Aledo for once.IMO
PS: That freshman RB for Aledo has got some wicked moves, huh?

bearcat1
09-29-2001, 09:31 AM
I agree, and if Mathias would have played I think Glen Rose would've beaten Aledo. When I made this post, I had no intention of taking anything away from the Glen Rose team, I was just frustrated with the lack of effort (or what appears that way) on the part of Aledo. I apologize if it came across as taking anything away from Glen Rose. I certainly didn't mean to imply that Aledo did anything worth winning the game for. The 2 TD's that Aledo had were gifts from Glen Rose. Oh and yes, Christian is doing a great job.

Originally posted by tigerfanman:
I assume you were at the Aledo/Glen Rose game.
I hope you realize that Glen Rose screwed themselves out of thier chance to beat the bearcats. Worth metioning....Mathias was out w/ a sore ankle (stats equal to Patino up to last night). GR had some really stupid mistakes though, like 2 personal fouls inside the 5, negating the fact that they held on 4th down. Don't get me wrong, I understand the talent/strength levels of these teams don't even compare, but if they'd been sharp they could have taken advantage of a flat Aledo for once.IMO
PS: That freshman RB for Aledo has got some wicked moves, huh?

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited September 29, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited September 29, 2001).]

deliriousmaniac
09-30-2001, 03:13 PM
Actually, I believe that Aledo killed themselves with penalties having three touchdowns i believe, called back one holding, and if i can remember correctly two blocks in the back? Also aledo fumbled on Glen Rose's 2 yard line. I am not saying Glen Rose didn't play a good game, they did a good job on defense, but their offense was stopped by the Aledo defense. I do agree that Aledo as a team hasn't played to it's full capacity, in each game the offense or the defense plays good, not yet have they both been on the same page.

Jacket2000
09-30-2001, 03:56 PM
I was also at this game, and there is definately something wrong in Aledo. This was the first non-playoff game I had seen Aledo in, and I was shocked at how they and GR differed. Aledo's QB was the size of some of GR's linemen. It looked like men and boys out there.Even luck was on Aledo's side is seemed. But, it was painfully obvious that had Mathias been playing, GR would have walked away with a win. I cant quite put my finger on it, but there is something definately wrong in Aledo.
J2K