PDA

View Full Version : dumb question for the day

spaniard
12-12-2002, 12:40 AM
ok, this is kinda random, but this question has bothered me for the last few years since i first heard it. here it is,

since leather shrinks when it is rained on or gets wet, do cows shrink when it rains?

anyone have the answer to this? im sure that pphsfan will know know some explaination for this.

GO BIG GREEN!!

<small>[ December 11, 2002, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

Jacket2000
12-12-2002, 12:43 AM
As a rancher, I can tell you that cows most definately do not shrink in the rain. Otherwise, they'd never have auctions in the spring.
J2K

spaniard
12-12-2002, 12:54 AM
ok, now i realize that i posted that sounding like a stinkin city boy, that was posted to try and lighten up the board a bit. hehe, ive grown up with cows being in the pasture behind my house, and, hehe, they really dont like rocks being thrown at them by little kids. i was kinda hoping to get some smarty remarks with it. jacket, auction would suck for ranchers if cows shrunk no doubt.

BigBrother70
12-12-2002, 01:36 AM
But Spainard, I have a question

I've always been told a goat won't compete with a cow is this true? :D

snotbubble
12-12-2002, 01:37 AM
If a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? eek!

spaniard
12-12-2002, 01:44 AM
BigBrother70:
But Spainard, I have a question

I've always been told a goat won't compete with a cow is this true? :D well, i think it totally depends on the breed of goat, whether youre talking about your very common spanish goat, or boer goat. i really dont have a clue what im talking about here. but i do know that goats arent too fond of rocks being thrown at them either. :D

spaniard
12-12-2002, 01:46 AM
snotbubble:
If a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? eek! i would guess...i dont know...im just a spaniard!!! wink

PPHSfan
12-12-2002, 09:09 AM
snotbubble:
If a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? eek! I would say YES. My guess is the tree would at the very least say "OUCH", but if it were a bad fall, the tree might become quite garrulous with profanity.

snotbubble
12-12-2002, 10:42 AM
garrulous -- habitually talkative or chatty.

Good word.

BIG19
12-12-2002, 04:02 PM
spaniard, this one is for you... wink

Two strangers are sitting in an adjacent seats in airplane. One guy
says to the other, "Let's talk. I hear that the flight will go faster
if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger." The other
guy, who had just opened a good book, closes it slowly,
takes off his glasses and asks, "What would you like to discuss?"

The first guy says, "Oh, I don't know; how about 3A football?"

The other guy says, "OK, that could make for some pretty interesting
conversation. But let me ask you a question first: A horse, a cow,
and a deer all eat the same stuff, but the deer excretes pellets; the
cow, big patties; and the horse, clumps of dried grass. Why is that?"

The first guy says, "I don't know."

The other guy says, "Oh? Well then, do you really think you're
qualified to discuss 3A football when you don't know sh#^?" :D :D :D

PPHSfan
12-12-2002, 04:10 PM
BIG19...you might wanna ask around about folks stealing my stuff :p :p :p HEHEHEHE

BIG19
12-12-2002, 04:13 PM
PPHSfan, not meaning to step on toes. I have never seen this and thought it was very funny. Please except my apology. :)

PPHSfan
12-12-2002, 04:54 PM
BIG19:
PPHSfan, not meaning to step on toes. I have never seen this and thought it was very funny. Please except my apology. :) I am just giving you a hard time BIG19. Sorry if I skeered you :p

Please don't feel you need to apologize to me.