PDA

View Full Version : Town with BEST fans?

Chris Hart
12-28-2002, 10:46 PM
I would like to know some opinions on the towns that support their teams the best. I'll go ahead and nominate Burnet. The fans here are really supportive through the good and bad years for the most part. Burnet routinely averages around 6,000 fans at home games during the regular season, and almost all travel to the out of town games. We had over 8,000 fans at this year's game vs. Sinton, and over 10,000 against Jasper and Everman. I know that not all those are fulltime supporters of Burnet, but the vast majority are loyal fans. Burnet fans are very supportive of the opposing teams cheerleaders and bands, along with our own. I would have to say the best opposing team's fans that we saw this year was the Sinton fans, they had a very nice turnout, and were very supportive also.

I'll also nominate a representative for poorest group of fans, and it goes to Austin Reagan. Burnet opened the season at Reagan. Reagan was coming off of a 4A semi-finalist year, and were ranked #4 in the pre-season 4A poll. They had about 400 fans show up, and that is being very generous. It was very disturbing to me, to see that kind of support for them kids.

I know there are some towns with great support, so lets hear about them.

<small>[ December 28, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-29-2002, 12:43 AM
Chris,

I am going to have to say that in my neck of the woods, Celina has the best fans hands down. Nobody has louder fans when they are home or on the road. And their community support is the best I have ever seen, and not just in the past five years, but for the past 20 yrs plus. If anyone want's to know how a community should support their football team, all they need to do is visit Celina for a week during football season. WOW do they know how to do it over there.

Everman01Grad.
12-29-2002, 02:46 AM
Well Chris i'm with u. When i showed up at the stadium for the state game against Everman an hour early, i knew the burnet fans were going to play a big roll in being the 12th man at that game. And are u sure it was 10,000? No i think it was 10,000 two hours early or thats what it sounded like at the beggining of the game. N E Ways, burnet good luck next year.

Jacket2000
12-29-2002, 03:06 AM
Im with PPHS. Celina fans are in a class of their own. They turn out in droves and they really know how to support their team. They're also very classy. Ive never once heard them complain about a call that a ref or a coach made or didnt make and they're always very polite to the opposing fans, whether they win or lose.
J2K

3afan
12-29-2002, 08:28 AM
every town has good fans and bad fans - some have way more than others, but all have good and bad. and all towns have more when their team is winning, thats just the nature of people. and, we all - or most of us - think our fans are the best and we usually overestimate their numbers (aka CH & Burnet "routinely averages around 6,000 fans at home games during the regular season, and almost all travel to the out of town games")

greendog fan
12-29-2002, 10:54 AM
3afan:
every town has good fans and bad fans - some have way more than others, but all have good and bad. and all towns have more when their team is winning, thats just the nature of people. and, we all - or most of us - think our fans are the best and we usually overestimate their numbers (aka CH & Burnet "routinely averages around 6,000 fans at home games during the regular season, and almost all travel to the out of town games")Are you trying to say Burnet does not average 6000 fans at our home games?. I would say that is a real close guess. We added 1500 new seats this year and they are all full every Friday night. Come check us out next year if you dont belive it.

ThaRealBulldog
12-29-2002, 02:05 PM
Carthage fans are loyal even when times are down.

Keith7
12-29-2002, 02:45 PM
PPHSfan:
Chris,

I am going to have to say that in my neck of the woods, Celina has the best fans hands down. Nobody has louder fans when they are home or on the road. And their community support is the best I have ever seen, and not just in the past five years, but for the past 20 yrs plus. If anyone want's to know how a community should support their football team, all they need to do is visit Celina for a week during football season. WOW do they know how to do it over there.Celina had the worst fans out of anybody else we played this year.. After our game there were grown men up in the stands reminding us that we were number 65 in their little win streak by yellin "65 looks good on yall" in the most redneck accent you've ever heard... and walking in and out of our locker room was always fun, since they seemed to like to tell us that we sucked.. so Celina can't have the best fans

PPHSfan
12-29-2002, 02:56 PM
Keith your resentment of Celina has been evident since week three of district. And you have about as much credibility here as Nate Newton would speaking at a D.A.R.E. rally. :p :p

Keith7
12-29-2002, 03:03 PM
PPHSfan:
Keith your resentment of Celina has been evident since week three of district. And you have about as much credibility here as Nate Newton would speaking at a D.A.R.E. rally. :p :p Sounds like someone is mad cuz i proved them wrong.. I guess you didnt ever read texasprepxtra the weeks before the game.. Celina had tons of fans on there talkin crap.. I know Gainesville did too but no one ever said Gainesville had good fans

Old Dog
12-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Chris Hart is telling you the facts....Burnet fills the stadium every home game and its looks like a coastal hurricane exodus when they play away from home. It's not just the town of Burnet, but the Burnet Consolidated ISD serves a little more than half the county. As in most little towns the game is a social event as well as a ball game. Burnet is not exactly rocking with entertainment on every corner, so when something happens, everyone shows up! This is one reason I feel 3A ball is so great. There are enough students to be very competitive, yet "usually" still only one school in town so loyalties are not split. For those of you that don't live in small towns, it is impossible to explain how crazy it gets. Some of my friends grew up in the larger Austin schools and they just don't understand the small town attitudes.

<small>[ December 29, 2002, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Jacket2000
12-29-2002, 04:49 PM
Keith7:

PPHSfan:
Keith your resentment of Celina has been evident since week three of district. And you have about as much credibility here as Nate Newton would speaking at a D.A.R.E. rally. :p :p Sounds like someone is mad cuz i proved them wrong.. I guess you didnt ever read texasprepxtra the weeks before the game.. Celina had tons of fans on there talkin crap.. I know Gainesville did too but no one ever said Gainesville had good fans"Hey Kettle, this is Pot, you're black"
Hmm,lemmie reach back into my memory files just a bit. Now, when Celina's streak was broken by Daingerfield(when no one would have blamed them for being a bit bitter) all I saw from Celina posters were compliments to Daingerfield and talk of how much fun the ride had been. When Celina beat Gainesville, all I saw from G'ville posters were comments on how the refs cheated them and how Celina was just lucky. Sounds to me like G'ville has absolutely no room at all to talk.
J2K
PS: Ive been to several Celina games during and before the streak, and not once have I witnessed the behavor you speak of.

exbccards76'smom
12-29-2002, 04:55 PM
I am gonna nominate 2 4A teams: PNG and Nederland. I know for a fact that there is a waiting list for season tickets at both schools. Gotta throw Bridge City in the mix. I have see it thru the thin and thick years, and the fans come out either way. wink

Keith7
12-29-2002, 05:29 PM
Jacket2000:

Keith7:

PPHSfan:
Keith your resentment of Celina has been evident since week three of district. And you have about as much credibility here as Nate Newton would speaking at a D.A.R.E. rally. :p :p Sounds like someone is mad cuz i proved them wrong.. I guess you didnt ever read texasprepxtra the weeks before the game.. Celina had tons of fans on there talkin crap.. I know Gainesville did too but no one ever said Gainesville had good fans"Hey Kettle, this is Pot, you're black"
Hmm,lemmie reach back into my memory files just a bit. Now, when Celina's streak was broken by Daingerfield(when no one would have blamed them for being a bit bitter) all I saw from Celina posters were compliments to Daingerfield and talk of how much fun the ride had been. When Celina beat Gainesville, all I saw from G'ville posters were comments on how the refs cheated them and how Celina was just lucky. Sounds to me like G'ville has absolutely no room at all to talk.
J2K
PS: Ive been to several Celina games during and before the streak, and not once have I witnessed the behavor you speak of.I'm sure you also havent been where i have been.. Have you hung out around the Visitor's lockerroom before and after games?? have you stayed around after games to listen to all the old guys yellin at the players while leavin?? i really really doubt it.. Also.. After the Celina game a majority of people complainin about the refs werent even Gainesville fans, like that writer for the denton record chronicle.. You know what thought your right.. Celina does have the best fans.. the best fans at payin the refs and yellin at players.. And so what if Gainesville is known for talking crap.. doesnt that just show that we have really good fans? that are passionate and believe in their team

<small>[ December 29, 2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-29-2002, 06:24 PM
As far as South Texas is concerned. Sinton's fans and Port Isabel's fans are by far the loudest, and most plentiful at their respective games.

I also enjoyed Midland Greenwood's fans too. Very nice people, and loud!

As far as 4A ball is concerned, I have always enjoyed watching Nederland's fans go nuts. I have yet to see Port Neches-Groves, but I hear that their fans are LEGENDARY as far as sheer numbers, and being just straight up LOUD.

Oh, and Keith, you've got some MAJOR issues, man. Keep your picture editing, hallucinations, and negative comments to yourself, please.

<small>[ December 29, 2002, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: TarponFanInNorthTexas ]</small>

turbostud
12-29-2002, 06:24 PM
Keith7, sounds to me like you and the Gville faithful are mad because ya'll let a team that moved up from 2a, step into District 9-3a and show Gville who is boss. Gville couldnt wait to get their hands on the 4 time defending 2a state champs and "that little streak they had going", but in the end Gville chumped out and let a school with a 347/801 enrollment kick your tails. Better luck next year! eek!

ThaRealBulldog
12-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Carthage will win state next year.

Jacket2000
12-29-2002, 06:56 PM
Keith7:
I'm sure you also havent been where i have been.. Have you hung out around the Visitor's lockerroom before and after games?? have you stayed around after games to listen to all the old guys yellin at the players while leavin?? i really really doubt it.. Also.. After the Celina game a majority of people complainin about the refs werent even Gainesville fans, like that writer for the denton record chronicle.. You know what thought your right.. Celina does have the best fans.. the best fans at payin the refs and yellin at players.. And so what if Gainesville is known for talking crap.. doesnt that just show that we have really good fans? that are passionate and believe in their team</strong>[/QUOTE]
Well, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Accusations of paying off refs, etc... Just further prove my point about G'ville fans. Also,no, talking crap does not show that you have good fans, it shows that you have classless fans.
J2K

Jacket2000
12-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Keith7
[QBI'm sure you also havent been where i have been.. Have you hung out around the Visitor's lockerroom before and after games?? have you stayed around after games to listen to all the old guys yellin at the players while leavin?? i really really doubt it.. Also.. After the Celina game a majority of people complainin about the refs werent even Gainesville fans, like that writer for the denton record chronicle.. You know what thought your right.. Celina does have the best fans.. the best fans at payin the refs and yellin at players.. And so what if Gainesville is known for talking crap.. doesnt that just show that we have really good fans? that are passionate and believe in their team[/QB]Oh, and to answer your question,no, I havent been in the locker room after being beat by Celina. But, 67 other teams have, and you are the first that this has happened to.
J2K

football
12-30-2002, 01:01 AM
cameron has great fans i;ve seen alot games and besides burnet this year cameron allways has the best fans with a packed house

Keith7
12-30-2002, 01:33 AM
Jacket2000:

Keith7
[QBI'm sure you also havent been where i have been.. Have you hung out around the Visitor's lockerroom before and after games?? have you stayed around after games to listen to all the old guys yellin at the players while leavin?? i really really doubt it.. Also.. After the Celina game a majority of people complainin about the refs werent even Gainesville fans, like that writer for the denton record chronicle.. You know what thought your right.. Celina does have the best fans.. the best fans at payin the refs and yellin at players.. And so what if Gainesville is known for talking crap.. doesnt that just show that we have really good fans? that are passionate and believe in their teamOh, and to answer your question,no, I havent been in the locker room after being beat by Celina. But, 67 other teams have, and you are the first that this has happened to.
J2K[/QB]68 other teams

eye of the tiger
12-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Commerce Tigers play in the A&M-Commerce stadium. The Tigers outdraw the Lions even with the college students getting in free with their ID. Don't have the numbers, but it is plain to see which team has the most fans in Commerce. As far as best fans of opposing teams I would have to say Forney, La Grange and Pilot Point rate the highest.

Jacket2000
12-30-2002, 10:20 PM
Keith7
[/QB]68 other teams[/QB][/QUOTE]
68 total wins-1 win(G'ville)=67 OTHER teams(other than G'ville). Must have one helluva math dept. over at Gainesville High, eh? :)
J2K

Shotgun73
12-30-2002, 11:22 PM
The answer to that question is very simple. The answer is, the school that is winning the most games.

big daddy russ
12-31-2002, 12:44 AM
Hey Keith, I'm gonna take your back on this one. Did anyone else here play Celina on the field this year? If so, let us know which team you played for and how they treated you. Remember, every town has at least a couple of bad apples. I don't know jack about this subject, but I'd like to find out what all the players really think.

Oh, and best fans= Sinton. When I was in HS, it was Ingleside, Odem and Goliad at the top of the standings for the most part, and the Sinton faithful would still engulf the other side of Mustang Stadium. Even in their down years (all three or four of them) they would bring the herds.

<small>[ December 30, 2002, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

audasmom7
12-31-2002, 01:07 AM
U know that I have never been more proud of a bunch of guys

Ranger Mom
12-31-2002, 09:26 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
As far as South Texas is concerned. Sinton's fans and Port Isabel's fans are by far the loudest, and most plentiful at their respective games.

I also enjoyed Midland Greenwood's fans too. Very nice people, and loud!

As far as 4A ball is concerned, I have always enjoyed watching Nederland's fans go nuts. I have yet to see Port Neches-Groves, but I hear that their fans are LEGENDARY as far as sheer numbers, and being just straight up LOUD.

Oh, and Keith, you've got some MAJOR issues, man. Keep your picture editing, hallucinations, and negative comments to yourself, please.I found it ironic that you mentioned Greenwood fans. At the first of the season I was on here complaining about the LACK of fan support, but as we kept on winning - our crowds got bigger and louder!! I just hope getting as far as we did will give some of those "old fogies" the pep they need to keep it going next season. I know I will be there at game #1 with clapper and megaphone in hand!!