PDA

View Full Version : Tough Homecomings

hornet03
09-16-2002, 08:52 PM
Does anyone else have a tougher than usual homecoming game this year? We play La Vega for ours, the only team to beat us in district play last year. Lets hope we can redeem ourselves.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2002, 08:57 PM
Greenwood plays Snyder. Since they dropped from 4-A we have never played them. Really don't know what to expect at all!

PPHSfan
09-16-2002, 08:58 PM
Boyd is hosting Bridgeport, I don't think it gets much tougher than that. :-)

Head Hunter
09-16-2002, 09:35 PM
Manor is playing Luling which is a tough team from what i here, opposed to playing a hearne like they did last year. Manor played Giddings last year for their homecoming which lets just say was something to forget fo those guys (manor)

rt04
09-16-2002, 10:29 PM
Columbus is playing Rice Consolidated for this year's. Tough, Tough, Tough right there.

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan:
Boyd is hosting Bridgeport, I don't think it gets much tougher than that. :-)

PPHSfan, the only thing tougher is trying to find a seat in the visitor's stands at Boyd. We will have to get there about an hour and a half before gametime to get a decent seat. AND its an east west running field, uggh. Sun in the eyes trying to catch the ball.

slpybear

ps - where are the bearcats for homecoming?

wildstangs
09-16-2002, 10:51 PM
Sweeetwater gets Andrews. Battle of the Stangs.

PPHSfan
09-16-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan:
PPHSfan, the only thing tougher is trying to find a seat in the visitor's stands at Boyd. We will have to get there about an hour and a half before gametime to get a decent seat. AND its an east west running field, uggh. Sun in the eyes trying to catch the ball.

slpybear

ps - where are the bearcats for homecoming?

We will be at Trinity Addison this week, I believe that is their homecoming, then we have a bye next week and play Lake Dallas for our homecoming the week after. Will probably come watch yall play Gainsville next week. Thats gonna be a great game. Probably the number one offense against the number one defense in the area. I hope you guys put it to them seeing as how Gainsville and Celina are our two must win games this year.

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2002, 10:58 PM
I hope we do to. That will probably be the only game I miss all year. Gotta find someone to roll tape on it on Saturday for me.

slpybear

BullsFan
09-18-2002, 08:11 PM
It's the custom in our area for each school to send tickets to their home games to the opposing team's school to sell. Just a little courtesy, and we've been doing it for years. Tickets are sold at school offices, and they pretty much always sell out in Bridgeport. This week, for the first time in forever, Boyd *refused* to let Bridgeport presell tickets to Friday's game. They didn't let us know until Wednesday that they weren't sending them over. (They usually go on sale Thursday morning.)

I guess if they can't win the game, they can at least annoy the fans. And hopefully make a few of us stay home.

tors2002
09-18-2002, 08:25 PM
Lamesa plays Levelland 4A this week for Homecoming. Should be a pretty good game with the way Levelland has started out this year. Greenwood and Sweetwater also have some pretty stiff games for Homecoming. Kinda like when we played Frenship for several years for Homecoming.

[This message has been edited by tors2002 (edited September 18, 2002).]

The One
09-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Slpy

I thought you were missing the Boyd game?
Gainesville are you nuts???!! All the guys at work are going to give you hell!

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2002, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I know "One", I am nuts. I have a prior commitment that I have to keep.

Although maybe I could find you or BullBacker to tape the game for me?

LOL,

Enjoyed the game ol buddy,

Slpybear

The One
09-20-2002, 11:49 PM
After the 2nd half Bridgeport played tonight and the Gainesville destruction of Burk. I think you can classify Gainesville vs Bridgeport a tough homecoming now!

whtfbplaya
09-27-2002, 04:05 PM
Brazosport had a tough one loosing to a 20 point underdog!!!!

98Eagle
09-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Nacadoches has scheduled Newton as their homecoming opponent. Doesn't get much tougher than that.