PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs. Austin Travis Scrimmage

Shotgun73
08-24-2002, 09:49 PM
Burnet had a very good scrimmage today vs. Austin Travis. Burnet scored several times and only gave up 24 yards all day on defense. It should be a great game vs. Austin Reagan next week. It will be interesting to see if Burnet can hang with the #4 team in 4A.

Chris Hart
08-25-2002, 01:45 PM
Shotgun, thanks for the report.That sounds like an excellent showing, I was really worried about our defense.How did our running game look, and did the O-line protect the quarterback better?

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Shotgun73
08-25-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart:
Shotgun, thanks for the report.That sounds like an excellent showing, I was really worried about our defense.How did our running game look, and did the O-line protect the quarterback better?

Chris,
Everything looked very solid. Travis was not real strong, but the kids executed real well. The running game looked great. Miller had a good day as did Luke Pell (back-up TB). Burnet scored 7 or 8 times. The defense looked real solid as well. We will see where we stand after this next week. The defense will be stronger than last years' group if they continue to improve as they have thus far.

Chris Hart
08-25-2002, 08:35 PM
Thanks again Shotgun73,and I hope you will be at House Park this Friday rooting on the Dawgs.(I have a hunch you will).I will be there decked out in Green and white hoopin and a hollerin.Can't hardly wait!

Shotgun73
08-25-2002, 08:58 PM
I will definately be there.