PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Yall Throw Tortillas???????????

Ray_BearKat
12-02-2003, 01:35 PM
We used to do that at my school for the longest time but our most recent President has banned it saying it shows disrespect to the Mexican culture. Throwing a Mexican staple food something most of us use on a daily bases. He argued that it was the white students that perpetuated this tradition and wondered why the hispanic students would follow their lead. If Texas Tech and Burnet both do this I can see what he was saying...Why don't the white schools start throwing there own foods...I know yall have Bratwurst or some other ethnic foods in yalls refrigerators.

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 01:41 PM
that might be the most senseless thing i've ever read. what are you talking about. i'm white and i will throw tortillas whenever i want i don't care whose staple food it is as long as i paid for it. mexicans don't own all tortillas just because they are known for eating them in their culture. *** man

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 01:42 PM
and what are you talking about white schools. segregation ended like 40 years ago.

jason
12-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Ray_BearKat:
We used to do that at my school for the longest time but our most recent President has banned it saying it shows disrespect to the Mexican culture. Throwing a Mexican staple food something most of us use on a daily bases. He argued that it was the white students that perpetuated this tradition and wondered why the hispanic students would follow their lead. If Texas Tech and Burnet both do this I can see what he was saying...Why don't the white schools start throwing there own foods...I know yall have Bratwurst or some other ethnic foods in yalls refrigerators.thats the most insanely STUPID thing ive ever read...

pirate4state
12-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Did we REALLY need another post about Burnet & their tortilla throwing??? Jeez... :rolleyes:

Ray_BearKat
12-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Burnet just has that ability...to stir up controversy.

Jason thanks for the insult...I really don't care what you think and if you felt you had to share with me and everyone else that I have just written the most insanely STUPID thing then let me share with you the most insanely STUPID thing I have ever seen on here...I starts with an outhouse...and your in it.

BHS#1
12-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Ok lets throw white bread would that make you feel better.

Ray_BearKat
12-02-2003, 03:41 PM
LOL, I was gonna suggest that but I didn't think it would get the distance a bratwurst would. :D

brahmagirl
12-02-2003, 04:00 PM
D@mn multiculturalists/libs... :rolleyes: :mad:

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: brahmagirl ]</small>

jason
12-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Ray_BearKat:
LOL, I was gonna suggest that but I didn't think it would get the distance a bratwurst would. :D how bout those mini-frozen pizzas...i bet they'd go a good distance...

jason
12-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Ray_BearKat:

Jason thanks for the insult...I really don't care what you think and if you felt you had to share with me and everyone else that I have just written the most insanely STUPID thing then let me share with you the most insanely STUPID thing I have ever seen on here...I starts with an outhouse...and your in it.1st of all, i had no control of that pic bein put on here, it was somebody else...
2nd you DID have control over what you said and it was stupid...and everybody seems to agree....

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Ray_BearKat
12-02-2003, 04:43 PM
If you and 3ahunter2K4 account for everyone on here then fine. I'm sorry Jason for giving you the opportunity to read the most insanely STUPID post ever, but that what I was thinking at the moment. All that talk about tortilla throwing reminded me about what happened at my school. I'm not gonna censor myself because a few people might disagree with me. Thats what you and 3ahunter are here for.

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Ray_BearKat ]</small>

20dawgz05
12-02-2003, 05:06 PM
jason:

Ray_BearKat:
LOL, I was gonna suggest that but I didn't think it would get the distance a bratwurst would. :D how bout those mini-frozen pizzas...i bet they'd go a good distance...but then the italian kids would be mad hahah.....yeah WE cant throw them anymore b/c someone complained about gettin hit.....ITS A TORTILLA FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!

underware
12-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Well? It's kinda like kids toilet papering someones house. There ARE better uses for these products. I never had my house papered or tortillas thrown at me.

*** under desk in fetal position crying ****

xpirate79
12-02-2003, 05:16 PM
The issue of tortilla throwing is nothing more than the fans of Burnet having a good time and supporting their team. Why would anyone believe it is an insult to anyone particular ethnic group. Please. I liken tortilla throwing to frisbee tossing. Whats the difference if indeed the fans of Burnet pay for them. They can do whatever they want with their purchases. From what I saw last year and last Saturday, the fans and players of Burnet, Texas are classy people. Everyone wants to bring you down when you are on top. Good luck to the Burnet Bulldogs in your quest for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

dawg03
12-02-2003, 05:28 PM
pirate4state:
Did we REALLY need another post about Burnet & their tortilla throwing??? Jeez... :rolleyes: I am even a Burnet fan and I agree, did we need another tortilla topic
:rolleyes:

bearcat1
12-02-2003, 09:34 PM
Did you know the tech tortilla throwing was born in RESPONSE to a racist comment (made by an Ag)?

bc

olddawggreen
12-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Ray_BearKat:

Jason thanks for the insult...I really don't care what you think and if you felt you had to share with me and everyone else that I have just written the most insanely STUPID thing then let me share with you the most insanely STUPID thing I have ever seen on here...I starts with an outhouse...and your in it.Burnet stir up controversy? Am I missing something here? Who started this thread anyway?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ray_BearKat
12-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Yes but I'm not the first person to talk about the tortilla throwing. I was just responding in my own post.

3ahunter2k4
12-03-2003, 01:12 AM
ray- i'm on your side now... all you were doing was stating somethign that reminded you of something else that happened and i apologize if my response was out of line.

bud4u
12-03-2003, 09:23 AM
i see nothing wrong with the tortilla throwing im half hispanic and my wife is hispanic we laugh at and all my family talk about and saying wish we were there so we could catch a few to eat. LOL but so on me and my families behalf keep um
FLINGING THOSE LITTLE WHITE FRISBIES CALLED THE TORTILLA.
BURNETT/ JASPER make kyle field a tortilla bowl since A&m doesnt get to go to a bowl game this year... have fun no matter what its not just a game it s a life time...

GOD BLESS AND THROW SOME TORTILLAS.

jason
12-03-2003, 09:24 AM
bud4u:
i see nothing wrong with the tortilla throwing im half hispanic and my wife is hispanic we laugh at and all my family talk about and saying wish we were there so we could catch a few to eat. LOL but so on me and my families behalf keep um
FLINGING THOSE LITTLE WHITE FRISBIES CALLED THE TORTILLA.
BURNETT/ JASPER make kyle field a tortilla bowl since A&m doesnt get to go to a bowl game this year... have fun no matter what its not just a game it s a life time...

GOD BLESS AND THROW SOME TORTILLAS.lol

espn1
12-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Throwing tortillas is just the right thing to do! :D :D :D :D

Old No. 7
12-03-2003, 11:20 AM
LOL. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round. Sounds like there will be few trips to the consession stand at Yall's game. :D Best of luck and may God bless.

s_pirate
12-03-2003, 04:07 PM
when i saw the tortillas fly at the sinton/burnet game, the only thing i had on my mind was why are you wasting good food? Do you realize how many mexicans were about to go over there and start eating? Cruel, just cruel.