PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Area Rd Picks and Thoughts

Matthew328
02-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Gainesville (20-13) vs Texarkana PG (20-6)
Gainesville won a hard fought game against Farmersville..can the defending state champs keep the run going?? PG won a weak 12-3A and I think much like 4-3A 12-3A is going to be 0-3 in the playoffs..Matt's pick: GAINESVILLE

Mt Vernon (24-4) vs Nevada Community (19-10)
MV struggled some against Queen City but won...they need a better effort to beat the 10-3A champs..Community has a had a great debut in 3A but I think MV is a little too strong...Matt's pick: MT VERNON

Crandall (22-9) vs Tatum (27-6)
Man what a matchup here...Crandall's big guy against the great guard play from Tatum..I went back and forth on this one and I am picking Tatum in a thriller..if you are in the area of this game it will be one to watch...Matt's pick: TATUM

White Oak (22-7) vs Van (25-7)
Another dandy matchup..can the Roughnecks guards handle Demar Young and Co.??? Van has been overlooked all year..but the Vandals are a team on the rise..I like Van..Matt's pick: VAN

Pilot Point (20-7) vs Lindale (26-5)
I think PP's run ends this week..Lindale just has too much for the Bearcats to handle...Matt's pick: LINDALE

Gilmer (11-18) vs Van Alstyne (28-4)
Speaking of strong debuts in 3A how bout VA?? Gilmer stunned me by beating Atlanta but I think VA ends Gilmers cinderella run...

Wills Point (23-11) vs Pittsburg (25-7)
WP could hang around in this one..but Pitts combo of PG Lamar Hughes and 6'8 center Marvin Porter will be too much in the end..Matt's pick: PITTSBURG

Tyler Chapel Hill (27-6) vs Dallas Madison (19-10)
Another great game to watch..2 teams that can get up and down the court..should be fun to watch..I like CH Matt's pick: CHAPEL HILL

kaorder1999
02-19-2003, 01:10 PM
good picks....im only going to dissagree with one...Wp over Pitt....

Jacket2000
02-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Now, to the East.

Gainesville (20-13) vs Texarkana PG (20-6)
Still a few games left before the dream loss, so Im gonna go with G'ville again.

Mt Vernon (24-4) vs Nevada Community (19-10)
Ok,the pairing rules need to be changed. Another team with 10 losses and still gets a bye. Goin' with MV.

Crandall (22-9) vs Tatum (27-6)
In college I had a teammate from Tatum. I couldn't stand him. So, Im goin' with Crandall.

White Oak (22-7) vs Van (25-7)
I figure Van must be good at something, so, I'll pick the Vandals. (Did Matt really use the word "Dandy"?)

Pilot Point (20-7) vs Lindale (26-5)
Im still tryin' to set up the "K7 Ego Crusher". My pick: PP

Gilmer (11-18) vs Van Alstyne (28-4)
Good gawd, Gilmer has almost six times as many losses as VA. Chinese algebra this is not. Gotta go with VA.

Wills Point (23-11) vs Pittsburg (25-7)
Numbers don't lie, Im goin' with the 'Burg.

Tyler Chapel Hill (27-6) vs Dallas Madison (19-10)
Us country boys gotta stick together, especially against the big city boys. My pick: CH
J2K

Matthew328
02-20-2003, 12:11 AM
Hey I ran outta adjectives! I didn't have my Thesarus handy...can I getta do over?? LOL

Showtime33
02-20-2003, 04:13 AM
Wow, there are a lot of good games here in the area round.

Gainesville over PG

Mt Vernon over NC

Crandall over Tatum: This is going to be one of the better games in this round, and I think Crandall will pull it out in a close one.

Van over White Oak: Van's guard play will prove too much for white oak.

Lindale over PP: Lindale wins this one, and I don't think it will even be close.

Van Alstyne over Gilmer

Wills Point over Pittsburg: LOL I know it's kind of a stretch but this is my upset pick of the area round. I have a feeling WP will keep the game close and pull it out in the end.

Dallas Madison over Chapel Hill: Chapel Hill is a good team, but I think overall, Madison has better athletes. That will be the difference in this one.

PPHSfan
02-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Showtime33:
Lindale over PP: Lindale wins this one, and I don't think it will even be close............

Lindale has a great team, but nobody has blown PP out this year, and Lindale is not gonna be the first. Lindale may win but if it is by more than six I will post a naked photo of me, slpybear, and sinton 66 eating our hats.
:p

howiseeit
02-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Gainesville vs Pleasant Grove
My pick is Gainesville. Defending state champs wll live to fight another day.

Mt Vernon vs Nevada Community
My pick is Mt Vernon...someone has to move on...Last chance for a win in all reality for whoever advances.

Crandall vs Tatum
My pick is Tatum. Should be a nail biter. Tatum has found ways to win several close games this yr and they might need to do that again.

Van vs White Oak
My pick is White Oak. I like the Roughnecks in this one. Love their two post players and intensity on defense. Two very good coaches in this game. If Van's guards are off it could get ugly.

Pilot Point vs Lindale
My pick is Lindale. Coach Simmons will have his troops ready.

Gilmer vs. Van Alystne
My pick is Gilmer. Van Alystne's record is very deceiving as is Gilmer's.

Wills Point vs Pittsburg
My pick is Pitt. this one will be close. I wonder about Pitt's consistency though. Sometimes it appears that are just not that interested in the outcome. Lots of seniors on the WP team. They will battle to the end.

Chapel Hill vs Madison
My pick is Chapel Hill. Kenton Warren is tough to defend as a 6 ft 5 guard. He has the best shooting touch around. Madison is very athletic but I feel Warren is the difference.

This region is so freakin wide open....Lots of stomach medicine and eaten fingernails from the fans over the next 2 weeks... So many games that could go either way

PPHSfan
02-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Well Howi,

I guess Van Alstyne's record continues to be deceiving. :D

howiseeit
02-20-2003, 11:12 PM
wow, my apologies to the fans of Van Alystne. Congrats on the win...man i really missed that pick.

Matthew328
02-20-2003, 11:53 PM
howiseeit,

Are you a coach in Mansfield or just a fan like most of us? LOL Just wondering..my cousin plays football for Mansfield High....

howiseeit
02-21-2003, 08:43 AM
no, but my wife is a coach in the Mansfield I.S.D. system. I am a White Oak native, just relocated to Mansfield last summer. These 2 hr drives to go watch the WO playoff games are getting costly with these gas prices,lol...guess its time to chunk the SUV,lol... no i am not a coach, i am one of those former Division 1 athletes that didnt finish their degree....pitched in college for Panola Jr. College and Oklahoma State. Anyway, enjoy you site and good luck to your Bulldogs.

Keith7
02-22-2003, 12:53 AM
PPHSfan:

Showtime33:
Lindale over PP: Lindale wins this one, and I don't think it will even be close............

Lindale has a great team, but nobody has blown PP out this year, and Lindale is not gonna be the first. Lindale may win but if it is by more than six I will post a naked photo of me, slpybear, and sinton 66 eating our hats.
:p Lindale 65 Pilot Point 44 spare us the pictures please...

howiseeit
02-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Guess I wont need to make those 2 hr drives anymore. Van is just better than us...not much else to say.....They start 3 sophomores...WO and Van both return a ton of talent next yr...good luck to the vandals.