PDA

View Full Version : Sinton homecoming vs. Taft

sinton66
10-20-2002, 09:48 AM
What a pre-halloween treat for Taft. They get to play Sinton at the Pirates homecoming game. Data Poll currently has Sinton by 46, but that could increase because of Ingleside beating Taft. This game could be a ratings killer for Sinton because they will probably substitute early to give most of the kids a chance to play in the homecoming game. Last week's prediction of +40 against AP, fell a little short, but this one's almost a no-brainer, Sinton by 45. wink

sinfan75
10-20-2002, 11:27 AM
This will be ugly.63-0 Pirates.last week I thought Sinton would win by 28.They won by 27 so I was close Although A-P scored one more td than I thought.

FBmania
10-20-2002, 11:54 AM
You guys just keep rolling. Please don't hurt'em too bad. Good luck Pirates!

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2002, 04:16 PM
Sinton pulls the starters midway through the third quarter, and goes on to win, 84-0. Julian rushes for over 400 yards, Brandon has about 200 yds recieving and Bubba has bout 500 in rushing.

Hey, i can wish right... Sinton 77-0, if they can remember that the score board goes past 41. THats all they seem to be scorin.

eye of the tiger
10-20-2002, 06:52 PM
Sinton by as many as they want to win by.

sinton66
10-20-2002, 10:00 PM
I agree with you eye of the tiger, that is precisely how I see this one. Sinton should be able to work on tuning up anything they want. If they buck their own trend and score a bunch in the first half, the subs could get a LOT of playing time, and they should be able to score too. 75 is right, this one's not going to be pretty for Taft.

Phil C
10-21-2002, 10:15 AM
Well last week I predicted Sinton would win 21 to 14 so that shows how much (little!) I know even though I was right on the 14 points. Anyway I know it is homecoming but as they have said before when Sinton plays Taft you can throw away the records. I predict Sinton will win 24 to 14. GO PIRATES!

Sinton94
10-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Phil C you have got to be kidding! Sinton will pull the starters by the third quarter and it will still be ugly. Sinton 56 Taft 0. Could be more if Taft tries to throw.........then the defense could score three or four TD's as well.

sinton66
10-21-2002, 12:40 PM
Sinton94, check your private messages on here please.

sinton66
10-21-2002, 12:40 PM
Phil C.,I think the next two aren't even gonna be close, loosen up a bit buddy. :D wink :D

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2002, 01:31 PM
Phil C this is not the NFL, there is no parity.When a very good team meets a below average team the score is not going to be a 10 point game.

Sinton 51
Taft 3

I think they will get a field goal as time runs out. :rolleyes:

SINTON81
10-21-2002, 03:13 PM
SintonFan_inAustin:
Phil C this is not the NFL, there is no parity.When a very good team meets a below average team the score is not going to be a 10 point game.

Sinton 51
Taft 3

I think they will get a field goal as time runs out. :rolleyes: SintonFan_Austin, I don't think they will even get a field goal. Sinton 63 Taft 0

Phil C
10-21-2002, 03:26 PM
I see your point but remember when these Sinton seniors were in the eighth grade they were scoring 4 touchdowns a game and had several shutouts during the year and didn't allow more than one touchdown and had no close games until the last game of the year against Taft when everyone was expecting a blowout and the first thing you knew Taft was winning 16 to 0 at the half. Sinton got fired up the second half and scored during the second quarter and early third quarter to tie it up and then got the ball and scored the winning touchdown to win 24 to 16 with about a minute to play. So you can see why I am cautious. Taft has talent and an outstanding new coach and will be playing their best game of the year. So the Pirates have to be ready. I still say Sinton will win 24 to 14 though in a surprising close game. GO PIRATES!!

sinfan75
10-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Phil C:
I see your point but remember when these Sinton seniors were in the eighth grade they were scoring 4 touchdowns a game and had several shutouts during the year and didn't allow more than one touchdown and had no close games until the last game of the year against Taft when everyone was expecting a blowout and the first thing you knew Taft was winning 16 to 0 at the half. Sinton got fired up the second half and scored during the second quarter and early third quarter to tie it up and then got the ball and scored the winning touchdown to win 24 to 16 with about a minute to play. So you can see why I am cautious. Taft has talent and an outstanding new coach and will be playing their best game of the year. So the Pirates have to be ready. I still say Sinton will win 24 to 14 though in a surprising close game. GO PIRATES!!So that's where they come up with playin in the 2nd half!!

sinton66
10-21-2002, 07:41 PM
I'm sure Sinton has been saving themselves all season just for Taft. Ya right! 10 points Phil????
I don't think so. At least I hope not.

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinton66
10-22-2002, 06:40 AM
Data Poll has updated, and they now have Sinton +49. As long as the team doesn't take this one for granted, which they never do, this will be another blowout.

pirate4state
10-23-2002, 09:34 AM
This sould be a fun game since it is supposed to rain the entire week. We got about 3 inches last night in a heck of storm! Weather man "thinks" it will rain all week! Guys gonna get dirty, maybe even the homecoming Princess' :)

Chris Hart
10-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Did ya'll happen to catch the clip on High School Extra last week, where the homecoming princess was out on the field in her dress under an umbrella? It was raining so hard and the wind was howling, she looked very miserable. I can't remember what school it was, I just thought it was really funny, although I did feel sorry for her.

Hey 75, when you pull the former queens this week, are you going to use a car or are you going to need a boat? It's going to be a very wet week for Texas high school football.

Sinton takes Taft by 40+!

sinton66
10-23-2002, 07:26 PM
Don't laugh too hard, Chris, I'm old enough to remember boats running up and down main street in Sinton several times. wink

sinfan75
10-23-2002, 09:45 PM
Chris Hart:
Did ya'll happen to catch the clip on High School Extra last week, where the homecoming princess was out on the field in her dress under an umbrella? It was raining so hard and the wind was howling, she looked very miserable. I can't remember what school it was, I just thought it was really funny, although I did feel sorry for her.

Hey 75, when you pull the former queens this week, are you going to use a car or are you going to need a boat? It's going to be a very wet week for Texas high school football.

Sinton takes Taft by 40+!I'll be pullin em in the Kenworth,But I'll pull a boat too just in case!LOL!!Pulled the Alice cheerleaders today in their parade.My ears are still ringin from the music comin out of them Huge speakers they had on the Lo-Boy!!