PDA

View Full Version : Coaches

sv_de_30
09-20-2002, 08:43 AM
Hey everyone I have a question. Why do fans, parents, and boosters jump on and off the bandwagon and tend to blame coaches when their team isn't doing as well at they think the team should be doing? Help me understand.

2futurecard'smom
09-20-2002, 09:08 AM
Just the nature of the beast when you are in that profession..........people gotta blame somebody and the coach usually takes the heat!

PPHSfan
09-20-2002, 09:29 AM
I really hate to see anyone get blamed for a loss in HS football. But if they insist on blaming someone, I would rather it be our six figured salary AD/HC than a 16 yr. old kid thats struggling to pass history class.

sv_de_30
09-20-2002, 09:52 AM
Well, don't you think that people lose track at what coaches are there for? Coaches are, ultimately, not there to win football games---they are there to teach kids about life. Does a teacher get blamed if a student fails a test? Coaches teach kids more than anyone else in education. Those of you that played or are playing know what I'm talking about.

PPHSfan
09-20-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by sv_de_30:
Well, don't you think that people lose track at what coaches are there for? Coaches are, ultimately, not there to win football games---they are there to teach kids about life. Does a teacher get blamed if a student fails a test? Coaches teach kids more than anyone else in education. Those of you that played or are playing know what I'm talking about.

I agree with you totaly. All I was doing was anwering your question. I didn't realize it was a rhetorical one :-)

ProudMama
09-20-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan:
I really hate to see anyone get blamed for a loss in HS football. But if they insist on blaming someone, I would rather it be our six figured salary AD/HC than a 16 yr. old kid thats struggling to pass history class.

Have you ever heard the old saying "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"? That's the way it is with coaches, they can teach the kids but they can't play for them.