PDA

View Full Version : College Recruiting

CatsDen
09-26-2003, 08:05 AM
Are College scouts allowed direct contact with players at any time? I thought there were only certain times throughout the year when they could contact players directly. Anyone going through the process now, or have in the past?

CatsDen
09-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Can anyone offer insight to the recruiting process at all?

zeke
09-26-2003, 12:27 PM
http://www.ncaa.org/eligibility/cbsa/index1.html
Face to Face Contact
A college coach may contact you in person off the college campus only on or after July 1 after completion of your junior year. Any face-to-face meeting between a college coach and you or your parents, during which any of you say more than "hello" is a contact. Also, any face-to-face meeting that is prearranged or that occurs at your high school or competition or practice site is a contact, regardless of the conversation. These contacts are not permissible "bumps."
Currently in all sports other than football and basketball, have seven recruiting opportunities (contacts and evaluations) during the academic year, and not more than three of the seven opportunities may be in-person, off-campus contacts. However, a college coach may visit your high school only with the approval of your high-school principal.
Division I football coaches may contact you off the college campus six times. However, no more than one contact per week may occur during a contact period, regardless of where the contact occurs. Also, a college football coach may visit your high school (with the approval of your high-school principal) only once a week during a contact period.
Telephone Calls
In all sports other than football and basketball, phone calls from faculty members and coaches (but not boosters) are not permitted until July 1 after completion of your junior year. After this, in sports other than football, a college coach or faculty member is limited to one telephone call per week to you (or your parents or legal guardians), except that unlimited calls to you (or your parents or legal guardians) may be made under the following circumstances:
· During the five days immediately before your official visit by the college you will be visiting;
· On the day of a coach's off-campus contact with you by that coach; and
· On the initial date for signing the National Letter of Intent in your sport through two days after the initial signing date.
In Divisions I-A and I-AA football, an institution's coaches may telephone you once during the month of May of your junior year in high school and then not again until September 1 of your senior year in high school. Also, an institution's football coaches can telephone you as often as they wish during the period 48 hours before and 48 hours after 7 a.m. on the initial signing date for the National Letter of Intent and during a contact period. Outside of a contact period, a football coach may only telephone you once per week.

CatsDen
09-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Thank you Zeke.

zeke
09-26-2003, 12:37 PM
You bet. Glad to help.