PDA

View Full Version : Ok, lets not have another location dispute

spaniard
11-17-2002, 12:43 AM
ok, when someone knows for sure where the heck the wharton vs. burnet game will be played, let me know. because i dont want another deal to go on like what happened with the lh burnet game being "moved." so, um, yeah, lets get this stuff figured out for realls this time. hehe, i know that everyone thinks they are right, but lets find out for sure this time, and get it right from the start. :D

SintonFan
11-17-2002, 12:52 AM
spaniard:
ok, when someone knows for sure where the heck the wharton vs. burnet game will be played, let me know. because i dont want another deal to go on like what happened with the lh burnet game being "moved." so, um, yeah, lets get this stuff figured out for realls this time. hehe, i know that everyone thinks they are right, but lets find out for sure this time, and get it right from the start. :D I couldn't agree more spaniard. Someone earlier posted it would be at the Alamodome. Please clear this up, anybody.

Chris Hart
11-17-2002, 12:53 AM
Sat. 1:00 in Round Rock. Be there or be square(it's up to you).

spaniard
11-17-2002, 01:09 AM
chris, i hate to doubt ya, or second guess ya, but is that a for sure? no offense to you in any way at all.

SintonFan
11-17-2002, 01:12 AM
Dagnabit!!! http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/16_angry.gif That's alittle farther than the Alamodome! I was hoping to stay off I-35...
Jeeezzzzzzz.....

Thanks for the info Chris. Hope to see you there.

Tiny
11-17-2002, 03:19 AM
We were at the Yokum Edna game and the coaches from Wharton said it was Sat 1:00 Round Rock High School.

Chris Hart
11-17-2002, 02:07 PM
You guys play it safe and don't believe a word I say, I have heard nothing but Sat. 1:00 in Round Rock, but my wife just talked to Patrick Miller and he says it is Sat. in San Antonio, but didn't know what stadium or what time. I am not saying anything else until I see it in writing. I wander why we are the only team in the state, that has no clue of where we are playing every week,lol.

bulldogfan2
11-17-2002, 04:13 PM
the burnet game is in round rock on sat. at 1:00pm

whtfbplaya
11-17-2002, 04:35 PM
IT IS IN ROUND ROCK AT 1 ON SATURDAY unless there is some sort of natural disaster or bombing or if the stadium falls down or if we get lost or if yall get lost or if the officials get lost or if.........

whtfbplaya
11-17-2002, 04:47 PM
http://www.astroplay.com/images/roundrock1.jpg

Picture of Round Rock playing surface

TxFootball
11-17-2002, 07:05 PM
where ever it is i will be there.

spaniard
11-18-2002, 12:34 AM
ok, it is for sure at round rock at 1 pm saturday, i recieved confirmation from one of the coaches this morning at church.

SintonFan
11-18-2002, 12:48 AM
spaniard:
ok, it is for sure at round rock at 1 pm saturday, i recieved confirmation from one of the coaches this morning at church.LOL... like that was Heaven sent for me. :D :D :D
Anyone know a good rout coming from 281 (San Antonio) to the Round Rock stadium? How many people does this stadium hold? I plan to be there Saturday. Of course I'll root for Burnet, even if I have to sit on the Wharton side... wink

spaniard
11-18-2002, 12:52 AM
the best way to get to round rock, i think, is when you get to burnet go right on highway 29 and go to georgetown and get on 35 south, and from there, youll have to get someone who knows where to go.

CentralTxFan
11-18-2002, 01:26 AM
The stadium is large...parking is not the absolute best but not too bad...it is a 5A school and their parking lots. And the streets around the stadium. I am assuming the stadium is the same one we played in last year. I thought the stands were really nice. The directions spaniard gave you are correct if you want to stay on 281 for as long as you want and don't want to get on 35 through Austin. It will take you longer to get there but that is what I would do.... 281 until 29 east until Georgetown...south on 35 in Georgetown until Round Rock. The stadium will be on the west side of 35. You need to take the Loop 620 exit..go west 2 ( I think) lights. Then turn left and you will see the high school on your right. Start looking for parking or continue on and you will see the stadium. Again, this is assuming the game is at Round Rock High school stadium. The street you are looking for is N Lake Creek Drive! Good luck. I hope this is the correct stadium. If not I apologize.

SintonFan
11-18-2002, 02:26 AM
CentralTxFan:
The stadium is large...parking is not the absolute best but not too bad...it is a 5A school and their parking lots. And the streets around the stadium. I am assuming the stadium is the same one we played in last year. I thought the stands were really nice. The directions spaniard gave you are correct if you want to stay on 281 for as long as you want and don't want to get on 35 through Austin. It will take you longer to get there but that is what I would do.... 281 until 29 east until Georgetown...south on 35 in Georgetown until Round Rock. The stadium will be on the west side of 35. You need to take the Loop 620 exit..go west 2 ( I think) lights. Then turn left and you will see the high school on your right. Start looking for parking or continue on and you will see the stadium. Again, this is assuming the game is at Round Rock High school stadium. The street you are looking for is N Lake Creek Drive! Good luck. I hope this is the correct stadium. If not I apologize.Thanks for the directions, CentralTxFan. Spaniard ( http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/sonar.gif) should get kudos, too.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2002, 07:28 AM
I 35 would be better. Its not bad on the weekends. Just take I 35 into round rock and take the FM 620 exit. Make a left at the light. And less than a mile u will see the stadium to the left on lake creek drive. Round Rock has 4 schools and they are round rock, McNeil, Westwood and stoney point. This is the right stadium. I going to try and make it back from the Sinton game. Good luck Burnet & Wharton. should be a good game but burnet has proven it can beat good teams.
Burnet 41
Wharton 24

CentralTxFan
11-18-2002, 11:40 PM
Oh I agree wholeheartedly...I would go straight up I35...much easier and faster too! Either way, drive safe and have fun at the game. I am hoping for a positive Burnet outcome! :D

SintonFan
11-19-2002, 12:32 AM
Thanks guys, I might take I35. Hope to see some of yall there. :D