PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater VS. Kermit

wildstangs
11-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Friday 7:30 at Ratliff Stadium in Odessa.

Ranger fans, what can you tell us about Kermit? I know they almost beat the Rangers. Was Greenwood just playing bad? Or is Kermit that good?

GWOOD
11-08-2003, 01:59 PM
I remember that Kermit's defense was strong. We struggled moving the ball and they had penetration all night long that kept interrupting the offense. However, we kept shooting ourselves in the foot that night. Penalties kept putting us in 3rd and long situations. Our most reliable receiver dropped two easy passes that night. That also was the night that Audas got hurt and did not play the 2nd half.

Except for last night, their offense has struggled most of the year. (I do know special teams & an interception return accounted for two of their touchdowns last night.) They seemed to have had some good nights, but for the most part they struggle to put points on the board. Because of some injuries, we experimented with a few changes on defense that night that bombed and has never been tried since.

I'm saying that Greenwood did not bring their "A" game that night. Kermit should really struggle in a matchup with Sweetwater. But, to their credit, they are a scrappy bunch and there is no "give-up" in them.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2003, 11:40 PM
wildstangs:
Friday 7:30 at Ratliff Stadium in Odessa.

Ranger fans, what can you tell us about Kermit? I know they almost beat the Rangers. Was Greenwood just playing bad? Or is Kermit that good?I think a little of both - Kermit did good and we weren't playing well!

I have yet to see the caliber of team that played against Andrews! We know the talent is there, we all witnessed it! Hopefully they are saving that drive for the play-offs!!

Green Ranger
11-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Kermit, I will say this, it is the play-offs! Previous games, good or bad dont mean anything. Kermit played scrappy ball at the same time the Rangers didnt come to play that night. If Sweetwater is healthy coming into the game and stays injury free during I think you will pull this one out.