PDA

View Full Version : Luling-49 Marion-7

LTX WRECKIN CREW
09-14-2002, 09:47 AM
LTX Went off Steen rushed for over 200 yds

FB_GURU
09-14-2002, 09:22 PM
That's right the Eagles are for real. THey lost to a very good Columbus team because of a couple of missed extra points. THe Steen kid is the real deal and I've seen both Yoakum and Cuero look for the Eagles to win district a real tuff district.

"Go Big Green"

marion_man
09-15-2002, 06:43 PM
Luling, don't get all rowdy just yet, you didn't prove much in beating Marion. The way they've been playing, the School of the Blind could have beat them. Don't get to high on yourselves just yet.

hornet03
09-15-2002, 06:47 PM
Attaway to have that faith for your team marion.

therealbulldogs
09-15-2002, 07:14 PM
What is Marion lacking this year? I figured that yall would be an okay team this year.

marion_man
09-15-2002, 11:28 PM
I graduated in 2002 as part of what I thought was a good football team and now Marion has freefalled to nothing. Most of the damage was done by a huge graduating class that carried just about all of the talent, heart, and determination the team had. All that's left of the team is a quarterback and a bunch of misfits. All the enthusiasm about football in the players has left and it's gonna take a lot to get it back. I love them all but there is just nothing left from the previous team. And if you think this is just a rebuilding year, guess again. I've seen the talent that's coming up and it's only gonna get worse. Watch out below, because the Bulldogs are free falling!

jgbulldog
09-16-2002, 08:32 PM
I have to agree with marion_man. I am also a graduate from last years football team, and i am very disapointed in their play. I was at the Luling game, and i hve to give them their props. They seem like a well coached team, with a great offense. Their rb is a haas. But Marion didnt put up a fight. No excuses, but Marion is very poorly coached. They dont have a single one that knows how to handle these kids. This team needs some leadership, and im sorry, but the only kid that they look up to, the quarterback, just doesnt have it. And for this, i see them maybe going 3-7. I hate to see it happen, but thats just the way it is!

therealbulldogs
09-16-2002, 10:14 PM
I graduated from Bandera last year and as I can tell we have 2 years before the same thing happens to us. Is Aguero still there, and if he is how has he being doing running the ball?

[This message has been edited by therealbulldogs (edited September 16, 2002).]

jgbulldog
09-17-2002, 10:29 AM
Sorry, therealbulldogs, Alonso Aguero graduated last year. He is a close friend of mine. He decided to take a year off from school and beef up.(As if he needs to) He rushed for over 1400 yds last year, in a pass based offense. He led the city of San Antonio in yds per carry. Marion sure is missing him this year. Hey realbulldogs, what was your name, number and position?

therealbulldogs
09-17-2002, 03:06 PM
For some reason I thought that he was a year younger. I was #77 and started on both sides of the line.

therealbulldogs
09-17-2002, 03:09 PM
Isn't there another running back though? I just remember Marion having two good running backs. I was #77 and started on both sides of the line.

jgbulldog
09-17-2002, 08:37 PM
To therealbulldogs:
Yeah, we have another good one who is a senior this year. His name is Jesse Loyola. He runs a ligit 4.5, but his problem is that he breaks to the outside everytime he gets the ball. These defenses that they are playing are too quick for that. He's coming around, because this year, we started as a one back set, and have recently moved to two back. This will help him a lot. Hope this helps you out.

marion_man
09-18-2002, 01:32 AM
jgbulldog, when talk about the many reasons Marion is hurting these days, you bring up a strong point when you talk about the absence of their 1,400 yard rushing fullback; yet what I think that hurts them more is the absence of a different player, a more unheralded player. That would be All-district TE/LB J.D. Meyer. No one on the team was on the field longer than Meyer and no one played harder than he did. Maybe SS Paul Atkins. Anyways, he started both ways, every day, every game, every play. He was an all-district performer on both sizes and was a coaches dream. He was an inspiration and role model on the field, yet a bigger one off the field. Though he had college football potential, he decided to concentrate on the books. Hats off to this guy and let Marion remember him, because there will be few like him that come through there for a while.

jgbulldog
09-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Hey, marion_man, what ever happeened to that all-district LB, JD Meyer???? Last I heard, he was throwing his life away in San Marcos, drinking and smoking. Is this true?? If so, it sure is a waste of talent!!! Any info would be helpful marion_man.

super1
09-19-2002, 08:34 PM
Do you Marion guys think Marion can bounce back this next week? How are the guys who got banged up against Luling?

jgbulldog
09-19-2002, 09:11 PM
It is hard to say if we will bounce back or not. Luling kicked us all over the field, and many egos were crushed. BUT, we are playing a 2a team, Poth, who isnt as good of competition as we have seen this year. Also, it is our homecoming, and a lot of the players are pissed. But, our team is playing like a bunch of sissies that they are, so it is a toss up. As to our guys being banged up, the QB had a mild concussion, and the LB who had his helmet knocked straight off, well he is doing fine. I hope this could help.

#1marionfan
09-19-2002, 09:57 PM
super1, i think you mean ANTImarion guys, if you read every comment they have made they either talk trash about this years team, or talk good about last years team...... it looks to me as if these 2 marion people played on last years team and have since grraduated. they must be dissapointed they werent good enough to take it to the next level and play a little college ball. I think that the only thing holding this years team back, is the lack of experience. 6 sophmores, 6 juniors, and 5 seniors who have never played a varsity game before until now. Think who they have played.... 3 excelent ball clubs. Now do you understand why they arent winning?

super1
09-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Was the one back offense part of the problem so far this year? Are you going to continue the two back?

super1
09-19-2002, 10:03 PM
interesting point of view #1Marion fan. I guess a person's point of view could cloud his/her opinion. How's the QB with the concussion doing? I hope he's okay.

#1marionfan
09-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Mueller is fine, and i think it was part of the problem. in my mind i think the one back set is more of a passing formation. Recognizing the run vs. pass is alot easier too. marion didnt pass that much, so the defence just had to key one back all night. i saw much improvement with the 2 back set.

jgbulldog
09-21-2002, 05:40 PM
#1marionfan, I think your reasoning for this year's Bulldog demise can be traced back to more than just a lack of experience. It's more of a lack of dedication and an overall lack of talent. Other than the QB, all the rest of the players on the team did little over the summer to better themselves. No weightlifting, little running, and most of all, no will. When the average weight of the players goes a buck fifty, it's more than just experience that is gonna hurt you. As long as this lack of enthusiasm remains in the Bulldog program, there will be many seasons like this one to come. AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE!

Yubancanman
09-23-2002, 11:30 PM
I can tell marion, as a town surely, doesnt support its team at all..... and i think that is a sad thing

unknown
09-24-2002, 08:48 AM
marion is just a young team we dont have near the talent we have had in the past years mueller is doing the best he can with what he has. so get off of our back JD
your so full of yourself its pathetic.