I know they have a great program and some of the
best coaches in 3A. I guess it was wishful
thinking on my part, but I thought they would be
down some this year. I only base that on the fact
that they graduated a ton of talent last year and
it seemed like almost all of their starters were
seniors.

Questions for Matthew and other Everman fans:

1. Are they ranked as high as they are in preseason because of tradition or because they
still have a lot of talented players that just
have not gotten a lot of playing time yet?

2. Will they have as much speed as in the past?

3. How many players off of last year's team are
going to be playing college ball?

4. How is Corey Fullbright? He sure seems like
a young man that has his act together.

I hope we see you guys on December 5 or 6.

rholl
06-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Just a quick answer here.....Matt can fill in the details....Everman loses top 4 rushers off last yrs. team...they accounted for 4400 yrds rushing and 63 TD's last yr alone. Those guys had the heart of champions and that will be tough to replace they will have speedy replacements though. I know I've read were Evermans JV was undefeated last yr and their average margin of victory was 40+ points.

Phil C
06-20-2003, 03:09 PM
In my opinion Everman should always be ranked no. 1 until someone beats them in the playoffs or until they are definitely out of the playoffs. They are the defending champions and worthy of that ranking and respect until the above incidents occur. And that includes even if someone like Kennedale beats them in district.

everman_guy
06-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Well, to answer your questions...

1. Yes they had lot of talented players that just couldn't get time because of the group that graduated. To say the don't have experience is going to be hard to say. Many of them got a lot of playing time in the many blowouts we had. This group has as much talented or more than the last group. It is more of question of how the position battles will fall.

2. They do have tradition on their sides. One is Defensive Coordinator always puts together a great defensive. He has a bunch of talented kids who are chomping at the bit to get their chance. Plus, the three guys returning on defense as starters are absolute studs. In 2000 we graduate a ton of kids, some people thought we would be down. We went on the win it all in 2001, we basically had a new group of kids from top to bottom. The JV results in 2000 almost mirror those of 2002. There were a lot of kids that could play, but our depth allowed them to develop on the JV.

3. Yes they will be as fast as they always are. The coaching allows them to use speed as an advantage instead of a disadvantage. The particapate in 7-on-7 which helps hone offensive skills, that used to be our Achille's Heal. For example, we can throw if we need to. We have the makings of another great line, with the returning kids and the depth we will have.

4. Corey is remaining upbeat. He is slowly rehabing, and does a little more each day. I heard he turned over in his bed for the first time a few weeks ago. Corey has been through so much, and it has never got him down. I don't expect him to get discouraged anytime soon.

<small>[ June 20, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: everman_guy ]</small>

Matthew328
06-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Everman_Guy hit the nail on the head...this group coming up is eeerily similar to the 2001 group...we had a LOT of turnover from 2000 to 2001 and look what happened..this group physically is just as talented as the past 2 teams...the question is do they have the heart and will to win as the past 2 seasons? The returning starters are all top notch players..and the guys that are coming in from being backups and JV are more experienced than any group of youngsters coming up...think of all the blowouts Everman has had the past 2 years...plus the extra 5 weeks of practice 2 seasons in a row has really payed off...this season Everman will have kids on their JV who have already appeared in 2 varsity playoff games!