PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Canyon??

audasmom7
06-23-2003, 01:54 PM
My son told me they have alot returning.. And he thought they gave us the biggest fight as far as straight across the board.

vet93
06-23-2003, 02:14 PM
According to Dave Campbell's they return 8 on offense and 6 on Defense. It looks like that they will have decent size and speed. Interestingly, unlike last year, if Canyon and Greenwood both win their districts then you would not have to play Canyon until the Regional Final. Of course Canyon would have to get through possible matchups with Sweetwater and Decatur before that happens.

Phil C
06-23-2003, 03:04 PM
They sure did have a great baseball team! They played Sinton a good close game in the semi-finals. With a break or two they could have won the game and if the luck held out they would have been state champions. In 3A the final four teams were so evenly matched any team could have won it. Lorena had much competition to win it all which shows they were a great team.

Matthew328
06-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Canyon is gonna be good....real good...they have a lot of depth and experience...they really seemed to gel at the end of last year and gave Greenwood all they wanted...they have one of the better QB's in the region in McClintock...Borger is the team to watch in 1-3A if they make the playoffs Canyon goes D2..if somehow Borger slips up then Canyon goes D1

GwoodRanger#4
06-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Last year I graduted from Greenwood, and played against Canyon. They were a great team. They were big, strong, and physical. To tell ya'll the truth though, their Q.B. wasnt all everybody made him out to be, he had an o.k. arm but his feet and speed were terrible! Nobody in Greenwood was that impressed! Canyons defense however did shut us down the whole second half. But I do hear a lot of good things about them.