PDA

View Full Version : Bandera vs Burnet

Scout24
08-12-2002, 12:38 PM
I think this game is easily shaping into being a candidate for the 3A Game of the Year as far as regular season games go. I know there are a lot of strong candidates to win the state championship such as Everman, Sinton, Jasper, etc, but I think this has to be the first time since we started big school small school that both teams have a realistic shot at winning the state championship from the same district. I think La Grange and Commerce got close to doing it if I am not mistaken, but this game is going to be fun to watch. I think it also will have a lot of hidden things to play for. The game will obviously be played for the District Championship, but the game will also feature 2 Top 5 3A QBs in Brett Hicks and Stephen McGee. These guys will be squaring off for District MVP. It's going to be a fun one to watch and if you're a true 3A fan, you'll be in Burnet on October 18th.

j_dog
08-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Scout24:
... but I think this has to be the first time since we started big school small school that both teams have a realistic shot at winning the state championship from the same district. ... It's going to be a fun one to watch and if you're a true 3A fan, you'll be in Burnet on October 18th.

I wish I could make that game, but I will be in Jasper watching the Jasper-Newton game that night. I think those two teams have as good a chance as any other pair of teams to both win state in 3a from the same district.

therealbulldogs
08-12-2002, 02:34 PM
I think that 2 years ago when we were in the same district as La Vernia we had a better chance of both teams winning the championship. LV lost in the 2nd round by 1 to the eventual state champ La Grange and we made it to the semis losing to Gatesville.

Chris Hart
08-12-2002, 08:39 PM
I don't know about 3a game of the year,but it does appear to be the game of the year for District 25.I am looking forward to it and I will be there.My 11 year old son dropped the BOMB on me tonight by moving back in with his mother in Saginaw.I need some high school football fast or I'm going to BUST.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Matthew328
08-12-2002, 08:43 PM
Could be a great game...there are a few other teams from the same district that have a shot at pulling the double..most notably Jasper and Newton in 20-3A, Everman and Kennedale in 8-3A, Atlanta and Daingerfield in 12-3A and Sinton and Mathis in 30-3A appear to have the best shots...I dunno if anyone had as good a chance as Commerce and Forney did last year in 11-3A...

Old Cardinal
08-12-2002, 09:16 PM
Boy, Matt 328, I would agree that Jasper & Newton, Everman & Kennedale, and Sinton & Mathis have a good chance. But, I would have to say that Barber's Hill & Liberty have a much better chance than Burnet & Bandera. BH has that top speed factor and Liberty always makes a little noise each year,in Div I-they will now be in Div II, because of alignment. With their strong returnees they might just do real well against the smaller enrollment 3A's.

Chris Hart
08-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Old Card, Are you on the sauce again?lol

sinton66
08-12-2002, 11:07 PM
Sympathies on the kid thing, Chris, hang in there!
Guess I never even thought about this theme, but it would be a grand prize indeed for whoever does it! Makes me wish I knew more about all the other teams. And, there ain't anything wrong with a little "sauce" to clear the head once in a while. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif Of course *I* only use it for medicinal purposes(101 proof Wild Turkey will CURE anything!).

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited August 12, 2002).]

Chris Hart
08-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Thanks 66, I'll make it.

toby070
08-13-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
Boy, Matt 328, I would agree that Jasper & Newton, Everman & Kennedale, and Sinton & Mathis have a good chance. But, I would have to say that Barber's Hill & Liberty have a much better chance than Burnet & Bandera. BH has that top speed factor and Liberty always makes a little noise each year,in Div I-they will now be in Div II, because of alignment. With their strong returnees they might just do real well against the smaller enrollment 3A's.

Old Card never passes on a chance to throw in his two cents about Burnet http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Old Cardinal
08-13-2002, 03:39 PM
Sorry Chris, Toby, and Scout- that I would favor BH & Liberty's chances over B.& B's. Barber's Hill has not lost a District game in(I believe) FIVE years! I will take a 10-1 team that returns a 4.3 back(Perry Carrington) and a host of solid returnees over an 8-3 team everytime-nothing personal, please. Liberty is a solid program. I watched Bridge City beat a very tough young team twice last year and Liberty played tough the whole season with a host of underclassman. Hope you enjoy the Burnet and Bandera shootout this year- it should be a good game.