PDA

View Full Version : MARLIN VS JASPER

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 10:02 AM
okay i got a ? for jasper fans. okay you beat newton 45-20. we beat newton 35-21. eventhough it would never happen how many point underdog would we be.

BUT TO TELL THE TRUTH I THINK THIS POST IS TALKING ABOUT THE DIV 1 AND DIV 2 STATE CHAMPIONS

Pudlugger
11-24-2002, 10:17 AM
MARLINFAN:
okay i got a ? for jasper fans. okay you beat newton 45-20. we beat newton 35-21. eventhough it would never happen how many point underdog would we be.

BUT TO TELL THE TRUTH I THINK THIS POST IS TALKING ABOUT THE DIV 1 AND DIV 2 STATE CHAMPIONSSome good advice MarlinFan, forget about Jasper and start thinking seriously about next week. Marlin has to play La Grange. Don't even think about state yet. The road to state just gets steeper from here on out. When La Grange beat Giddings in the semi-final last year they felt like they had already won state. Well, Commerce stayed focused and took the ring from them, so you never know. Best to just keep your powder dry and lay in the bushes if you can. Good luck Leps. :) :) :)

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 10:23 AM
ITS NOT A DEJA VU BECAUSE ITS A DIFFRENT TEAM YALL AINT EVEN PLAYEDED ANYBODY.ITS GOING TO BE A GOOD GAME BUT ITS THA TRUTH YALL BARELY BEAT CUERO WHICH NOT TO PUT THEM DOWN OR NOTHING BUT WE RAN ALL OVER THEM

LeopardGuard56
11-24-2002, 10:36 AM
YALL AINT EVEN PLAYEDED ANYBODY Yoakum(bad game), Gonzales, Sealy, Elgin, Columbus, and last week Coldspring. All of these were/are contending teams. This is a new year, and these are two new teams, but don't knock the teams we have played just because you are uninformed. Hopefully the game will turn out to be deja vu.

Congratulations on the win over Newton, and good luck next week.

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 10:39 AM
OK (4A)WACO U ,SENT #3 BURNET TO OT.BEAT#1 ENNIS (4A) #7 NEWTON

spiveyrat
11-24-2002, 01:05 PM
That's a tough question. I would only favor Jasper by a touchdown or a little more. It would be a big game, so both teams would be giving 110% effort. AND, Marlin has had some big wins this year! I hated to see them beat Newton, but that's the way football is. Some you win, some you lose. Congrats on your win. Good luck the rest of the season.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2002, 01:52 PM
better question would be since burnet beat marlin what would be the point spread or if sinton beats burnet is jasper the underdog.

foreget who beat who and worry about the game ur team has next.

La Grange 28
Marlin 21

c-town_balla
11-24-2002, 02:10 PM
Marlin would have no chance at all.. Marlin couldn't even block our linemen they would be killed by Jasper

Pudlugger
11-24-2002, 02:12 PM
MARLINFAN:
ITS NOT A DEJA VU BECAUSE ITS A DIFFRENT TEAM YALL AINT EVEN PLAYEDED ANYBODY.ITS GOING TO BE A GOOD GAME BUT ITS THA TRUTH YALL BARELY BEAT CUERO WHICH NOT TO PUT THEM DOWN OR NOTHING BUT WE RAN ALL OVER THEMPreseason scrimmages in August have little bearing on play-off games in late November/December. Marlin's schedule and record stands on its own, we know that and respect your team's accomplishments. We plan to get ready for a tough game and will give it everything we have, nothing less. These two teams will settle this on the field next week so no point in arguing here. I look forward to the best game ever from this Leopard team. Good luck Leps, win State!!! :D :D :D

j dawg
11-24-2002, 03:57 PM
Marlinfan,

Worry want's on your plate now.

You can't come close to the guy's in J-TOWN.
It's nice to dream, pinch yourself and wake-up

bulldawg89
11-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Marlin has a great team. To be honest about it all, we (Burnet) barely beat Marlin in overtime. We are ranked #2 in state, and for them to be our closest game we have had all year, i think that Marlin could hold their own against Jasper. I also think if they put up a fight like they did against us, La Grange is in trouble.

eye of the tiger
11-24-2002, 07:43 PM
Don't think you should under estimate the Leopards. La Grange is a tough team to beat anytime, but especially in the playoffs. It is going to be a battle for sure, but I'' take the Leopards.

eye of the tiger
11-24-2002, 07:44 PM
Don't think you should under estimate the Leopards. La Grange is a tough team to beat anytime, but especially in the playoffs. It is going to be a battle for sure, but I'll take the Leopards.

sinton66
11-24-2002, 07:54 PM
I've learned over a span of many years that if La Grange qualifies for the playoffs, you don't EVER count them out 'til it's over. I also will go with La Grange on this one.

MARLINFAN
11-24-2002, 08:46 PM
Im not under estimating LaGrange because i know that it will be a good game. everone from from lagrange is saying deja vu from two years ago. i watched the film from two years ago and going into the fourth quater the score was marlin 22 la grange 14. so if you dont remember that the only way they won was because of tha wind so they can talk all they want.it seems that everone is underestimating marlin thought. marlin 35 lagrange 29.

remember that score

j_dog
11-24-2002, 11:33 PM
MARLINFAN:

BUT TO TELL THE TRUTH I THINK THIS POST IS TALKING ABOUT THE DIV 1 AND DIV 2 STATE CHAMPIONSYou guys are right, we need to be playing our next opponents, not pretend games. But, since the UIL won't let us REALLY play each other, I don't see any harm in light hearted comparisons. You all have picked the scores of certain games. Personally, I call the mutual games with Newton roughly a tie. I prefer to look at the score with our other common opponent. Per Datapoll, it appears that Marlin beat Cameron 17-16. Jasper beat Cameron by 46-0. That knowledge, and a dollar or so will buy you a cup of coffee. But, heck the only way we can play each other is by proxy. Now, Jasper, get your mind back on Bridge City!!!