PDA

View Full Version : Best Runs That You Have Seen

Super_Fan
09-28-2002, 04:42 PM
What are some of the best/unbelievable runs that you have seen?

sinton66
09-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Best run so far for me was Adrian Alaniz's 84 yarder to win the game against Gregory Portland.

Pudlugger
09-29-2002, 09:27 AM
4th and 2 on the La Grange 19 yardline with a little over a minute to play in the State Final 2000 game against Forney. Tye Gunn sweeps to the right , the Forney CB makes a great play on the blocking back and pulling guard to nail Gunn at the line of scrimmage. Gunn just drives against this kid and falls forward to make the first down on second effort. Three knees latter La Grange wins the Championship 20-17. With Forney's kicker and/or Blanton, had they gotten the ball back deep in La Grange territory they probably would have won the game. A 2 + yard run, best I've seen.
By the way, I understand Gunn is starting for TCU now.

Rabbit'93
09-29-2002, 10:57 AM
Puddlugger, I remember that run. Pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

The best tun I've ever seen was back in the '92 season. Kieth Roberts tried to go around the right end and was met by 3 Kaufman defenders. On the tape it looks like he just throws them off and he reverses his field and go on to a 55 yd TD.

Da Mules
09-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Fullback Darryl Lewis of Muleshoe in 2000 game against Shallowater. Darryl wasn't all that fast, but had the most incredible stiff-arm I've ever seen. He bulled through the line like a buffalo with people bouncing off him, then made 2 unbelievable stiff-arms while churning downfield at full speed. I mean, the defenders got knocked off their feet backwards, heels up in the air, when Derryl swung that big ham at them! One of the few bright points of the Forney game that year was Darryl delivering another one of that a**-over-teakettle stiff arms. Darryl is a linebacker at West Texas-Canyon now.

WeAreCCB
09-30-2002, 10:25 PM
Best run I have ever seen was well, all of Kris Brigg's runs when he played for Carthage. He gave a 200% effort every play whether it was running, blocking, or cheering on the sideline. He starts for SMU now.

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2002, 09:41 AM
Fall 2000-- Sinton Vs. Taft
Julian Ruiz take the opening kick off of the game and goes 60+ yards for a touchdown.

Kick off, Sinton kicks it deep, Stephen Salone of Sinton (Univ. of Mary Hardin-Baylor) sprints down, strips the ball and goes in for a 25 yard score.