PDA

View Full Version : History in the making

wildstangs
11-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Merkel beats Lamesa 28-0. Badgers in the playoffs for the first time in 40 years. Congrats to the Badgers, Best of luck against Greenwood. Represent 3-3A well!

sinton66
11-08-2003, 12:14 AM
1st playoffs in 40 years? And they draw Greenwood in the first round? Reminds me of that Hee-Haw song.

Knightmoon
11-08-2003, 03:38 AM
No luck required

olddog73
11-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Knightmoon:
No luck requiredTake it anyway.
40 years is a long time to wait, you had better take all the luck and prayers that you can get, believe me, even the best need all they can get. Congratulations.

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

Ranger Mom
11-08-2003, 09:54 AM
If anyone wants to wish the Rangers good luck, we will gladly except any and all good wishes!! :p

THE BEAR
11-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Ranger MOM YOU CRACK ME UP AND i WISH THE BOY'S GOOD LUCK. "BUT" I'm Sentimental of first comers also so good luck to all.

Knightmoon
11-08-2003, 12:18 PM
And you know I am just teasing Ranger Mom, but--ya'll can use the luck. All kidding aside, you bet, send us all the luck and best wishes available, we are going to need all the support we can get. Greenwood is TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH. I am tickled pink to even be playing them next weekend.
Uncharted ground for the Badgers and I am sure we will be using luck, prayer, ouija boards, and anything else we can get our hands on. I have always heard talk of Greenwood, but just never thought about having to play them in the First Round in our 1st trip to the playoffs in decades. Should be a fun one.

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Knightmoon ]</small>

Knightmoon
11-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Now I feel bad, I should not ever ever ever pick on Ranger Mom. She is one of the reasons that I love 3A Down Low.Good People with Good Discussions. She is a true fan of not just Greenwood but the game itself. They don't come any better. Good Luck Next Weekend.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2003, 12:29 PM
No reason to feel bad, Knightmoon!! wink

Have you heard when the game is to be played? I heard Saturday in San Angelo, but haven't heard anything further!!

3AFTNUT
11-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Good luck Rangers

Knightmoon
11-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Our coach just mentioned Saturday evening for the game time. I think they are finalizing all date/time/location stuff today. He mentioned that the coaches of each school would meet today to finalize the plans. We should know more soon.

wildstangs
11-08-2003, 01:25 PM
If its Saturday night in San Angelo I might try and make it out for the game. Both teams need all the luck they can get. Greenwood has struggles a lot this season. This is the playoffs though, and I expect them to step it up. Merkel is hungry for a win. Getting to the playoffs was a huge accomplishment, but I guarantee you they want more. I can already tell they are moving things around to try and shock Greenwood. Lambert is a heck of an athlete and moving him to QB was a great decision. Now Greenwood is prolly guessing who is going to come out and start, Lambert or Cobb? I say switch them both up and keep the Rangers guessing. Best of luck to both team.

mustang04
11-08-2003, 04:56 PM
MEREKL vs GREENWOOD in San Angelo staurday....IM THERE!!!!, im glad that its not on the same day as ours, i wanted to be able to go se a good game, and this one is really good, both teams we have played, both very strong, good luck to rangers and badgers, and congrats to finally makin the playoffs!

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-08-2003, 07:34 PM
You folks keep saying San Angelo, there's 2 stadiums there. Lakeview in north San Angelo
and Bobcat Stadium in south San Angelo. You might want to find out which stadium. If it's Bobcat
Stadium, take a bunch of folks with you it seats
18,500. There is a great steakhouse across from
Bobcat stadium, numerous other great places.

Best of luck and safe journeys to all of you.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
PS: I lived there 42 yrs. It will be a great trip for all of you!

GWOOD
11-08-2003, 07:39 PM
I didn't know it was called Bobcat stadium but we will be playing on the one where San Angelo Central and ASU play.

Green Ranger
11-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Nothing against Lakeview, but we are playing at the only play-off worthy stadium. Central and Angelo both play there. GAME TIME 7:30 in a very large stadium, very similar to Andrews in teh configuration other than Angelo is built down into the ground alot more. Nice to the players as there is not alot of wind down on turf level. Good luck to Merkel, 40yrs and facing Greenwood, good luck to both teams as I see it as Merkel has nothing to lose were Greenwood will have the pressure I hope it is a good game and no one is seriously hurt.

wildstangs
11-08-2003, 08:32 PM
GWOOD:
I didn't know it was called Bobcat stadium but we will be playing on the one where San Angelo Central and ASU play.Actually Lakeview plays there also.

stripes
11-09-2003, 11:21 AM
No Disrespect towards Greenwood at all but I believe Merkel will take this one. Greenwood is good but I believe Merkel's D will provide what they need to win. I see a rematch of Sweetwater Merkel in the future. Good luck to both

oneheartbeat
11-11-2003, 12:05 AM
good luck to dawson wilber and the greenwood rangers i'm routing for you cause i like yall alot but i also like merkel alot it was a tough decision but i'm goin with my blue rangers from greenwood good luck to all

Ranger Mom
11-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Thanks!!

You are kinda in the same boat as I am. My head says a should root for Kermit but my heart says Sweetwater. My husband and I may be sitting in opposite stands Friday night!!