PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Texas Claudette

Phil C
07-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Please walk light and take it easy where ever you go.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-14-2003, 11:35 PM
It may not happen, but head on over to Port Isabel, Claudette, they need the rain BADLY.

Vrabird
07-14-2003, 11:47 PM
Please hurry up and die!!! I've seen enough of this one already.

sinton66
07-15-2003, 06:28 AM
News here is saying that it will hit at Port O'Connor sometime this afternoon. Best of luck to those on the coast down there. Be safe.

RBARKER
07-15-2003, 07:29 AM
Its already coming a down pour here in Mont Belvieu. Winds are picking up & the Tornado warnings are being issued. Some of our workers have already called in due to heavy rain. Everyone be safe don't take any chances.

Burnet Dawg06
07-15-2003, 07:40 AM
All I can say is that it better be all gone by this Sunday, we have a trip planned to go down to Rockport and spend a few days, hopefully it wont be all soggy and wet!

Vrabird
07-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Last I heard Rockport was getting some pretty good rain and wind. Nothing like Port O'Conner with the direct hit. News has been showing trees,roofs and power poles scattered in Port Lavaca. Stay safe and lets usher this storm out of here!!

big daddy russ
07-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Drove through Rockport today while the storm was there. It's wet, but it wasn't hit that badly with floods and winds, although the wind was steady and fairly strong. The damage in Rockport was minimal. We got lucky here in Ingleside. Those 12 miles farther south made a huge difference. The winds never really picked up a whole heck of a lot, except an occasional gust. I hope everyone out there got as lucky as we did.

mustang04
07-15-2003, 05:50 PM
i might sound crazy, but i wish that it would could far enough west to get s'water, cuz i live at the lake here, and its gone down like 23ft. in the past few years....we need rain very badly, even if the winds come w/ it

sinton66
07-15-2003, 05:52 PM
There wouldn't be much wind left after it gets all the way out there, but they have dumped a bunch of rain on West Texas in the past. Forecasters were saying it was gonna head west after hitting.

wildstangs
07-15-2003, 09:09 PM
mustang04:
i might sound crazy, but i wish that it would could far enough west to get s'water, cuz i live at the lake here, and its gone down like 23ft. in the past few years....we need rain very badly, even if the winds come w/ itWould be nice to see it up around the lake. When I come home from Abilene its always amazing to see all the docks setting on the ground.

mustang04
07-15-2003, 09:42 PM
true that wildstangs.....i hate it! :mad: now i cant swim, fish or anything else...its becomin a mud-hole

bccards
07-15-2003, 10:18 PM
I tried to head to Galveston to check out the damage, Unfortunately, Texas 87 aka the "Beach Road" was flooded from the Hurricane. Apparently the highway has been washed out. I have seen photos of all of the water washing over 87 as well as all of the sand deposited on the highway. There is noway to get to Galveston from the Beaumont area unless you want to drive an extra hour or so to go through Houston. Glad to see it has went inland and giving South Central TX the rain it needs!