PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech?

BHS#1
10-06-2003, 09:54 PM
How far can this record setting Quarterback B.J. Symons take the Red Raiders this year. In my opinion the only teams they will give them trouble the rest of the year is OU and UT or the team they play in a Bowl Game (if they go). Unless they pull another get almost 600yds of offense but get major penalties that force them back to 3rd and long. But if they keep having games like the one aganst A&M they Could win the Big 12 South or Championship. I would hate to be a Defensive Cordinator for any team they play.
because you cant just shutdown one or two receivers you just got to go out and cover all them as best as you can which ain't easy. Then look at there linemen's splits there about 2 ft from each other witch makes it hard to pass rush. :p :p

Gobbla2001
10-06-2003, 10:00 PM
That QB's awesome... He'll take them as far as HISSS defense will let 'em...

therealbulldogs
10-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Gobbla2001:
That QB's awesome... He'll take them as far as HISSS defense will let 'em...I was just talking about that tonight with my boss. The offense will produce, it's all about the D.

Tackle75
10-06-2003, 11:02 PM
I agree, it takes some talent to be able to put up those kind of numbers that he is putting up. But also look at Kingsbury, he did the same thing, and where is he sitting right now? ANyone see him take a snap in the NFl anytime this year, or anytime at all for that matter. The guy was in a good college offense, but really doesnt have the arm strength to make it at the next level.
And also realize that Tech only beat up on a A&M Team that is quite down this year. The team is trying to regroup and find its personality. The dominant D is not there anymore, and the offense is trying to assert itself, maybe next year for the Ags. If not, looks like Franchione could be the next head to swing in the Aggie Head coaching office.

BHS#1
10-07-2003, 08:30 PM
They need to work on thier tackling on D. And many other things like coverage i saw one play A&M ran three times in a row and were all first downs

Vrabird
10-07-2003, 09:01 PM
Heard a joke the other day on the radio. Said Mack Brown had died and went up to heaven and upon arriving had seen his dwelling place was an old delapidated building with a burnt orange longhorn flag waving in the breeze. Mack said well this ain't to bad. Upon looking around further he seen a beautiful mansion across the street with a big Texas Tech flag flying proudly above the front porch. He proceeded to become a bit upset and started looking aroumd for God to voice a complaint. He finally found God and began telling him that it's just not fair that Mike Leach gets such an enormous mansion to live in. God looked at Mack and just smiled. God said,"That's not Mike's house,It's MINE".

Vrabird
10-07-2003, 09:51 PM
ttt

St. Ivender
10-07-2003, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BHS#1:
<strong>How far can this record setting Quarterback B.J. Symons take the Red Raiders this year. In my opinion the only teams they will give them trouble the rest of the year is OU and UT or the team they play in a Bowl Game (if they go). Unless they pull another get almost 600yds of offense but get major penalties that force them back to 3rd and long. But if they keep having games like the one aganst A&M they Could win the Big 12 South or Championship. I would hate to be a Defensive Cordinator for any team they play.
because you cant just shutdown one or two receivers you just got to go out and cover all them as best as you can which ain't easy. Then look at there linemen's splits there about 2 ft from each other witch makes it hard to pass rush. :p :p </strong>[/QUOT
If their offense produces (against OU for example) like they did against A&M, nobody's offense can keep up with them in a scoring duel. It's like "show time" with the Lakers.