PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale-Everman

Matthew328
09-22-2002, 06:16 PM
I gotta admit Kennedale is one of the few teams in the state that can match up with Everman's skill people....they have just as many weapons as Everman does...the key will be I believe is that Everman is a little stronger in the trenches....the Dawgs D-Line and O-Line has shown steady improvement and with the return of DT Brandon Darden the Everman D-Line should be even better...I look for the game to turn on the advantage the Dawgs have in the trenches..

Titans
09-23-2002, 12:40 PM
I think you're drunk. Everman in a land slide. Kennedale is a good football team, but NOT on the same level as Everman.

I'm saying this...if Crandall can put up 30 on the Wildcats, Everman can post 50.

It's not going to be pretty.

sinton66
09-23-2002, 12:54 PM
Matthew, DRUNK??????? No way, he uses alcohol for medicinal purposes ONLY!!!! However, Matthew, Data Poll has Everman by +39. I think they will come close if not actually meet that spread. The difference here will be Everman's defense, IMO.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 23, 2002).]

this is the way we ball
09-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Titan you are from Austin, and Sinton from Magnolia, have either one of you even seen Everman play this year or are you jumping on the bandwagon?

bleedgreen
09-23-2002, 07:14 PM
A 39 point spread.....Get real! Kennedale and Everman are next door neighbors. This game has been talked about since the end of last year's playoffs. Kennedale can't stop Everman, but Everman won't be able to stop Kennedale. It will be another high scoring game just like all of Kennedale's playoff games last year. Lot's of returning seniors eager to go farther than Region final. Dogs vs Cats.....don't miss it!

Matthew328
09-23-2002, 07:26 PM
I believe sinton66 saw Everman last year in the state tittle game against Everman..Kennedale has a good offense but remember Everman knows the Wing-T like the back of their hand..Coach Barrett was at Everman so Everman's staff is very familiar with the Kennedale offense..so that is an advantage for the Dawgs..another thing is Kennedale's best skill kids are gonna spend half their time trying to stop Everman's offense and I have a feeling that will wear on them because on offense Everman dishes out quite a bit of punishment..Kennedale has good skill kids but Lawton Ike had some very good skill people as well including a TB that is being recruited by some of the top schools in the Big 12..and that Everman D is FAST...but I am anxious to see what Everman's secondary will do against Kennedale's passing game..I am willing to bet you'll see Harrell on Jason Tomlinson quite a bit..KHS may have to run a lot of short routes because I don't think Kennedale's line will give him enough time to sit and throw..

rholl
09-23-2002, 07:26 PM
Everman won't be able to stop Kennedale?????? I'm thinking someone in green is throwing down the gauntlet!!!!!!!!
Friday is gonna be a good one!!!
Anyone know when last time these two teams hooked up.....I know its been AT LEAST 15 yrs.

sinton66
09-23-2002, 07:34 PM
I can certainly testify to Everman's speed on D. Everman was the fastest team we encountered last year, both offensively, and defensively. Everman should have done whatever jelling they needed to do by now, and should be ready to explode!

wildstangs
09-23-2002, 07:35 PM
Everman easily. No one in Region 1 can hang with them.

bleedgreen
09-23-2002, 07:39 PM
I can't disagree with anything M-328 says....it's just that sometimes emotion plays a big part in HS football. I hope emotion keeps the Cats close. This game is for district title. How does a weak district affect a strong team trying to prepare for the playoffs? any history?

LG
09-23-2002, 08:43 PM
Like I said on the other post I believe Evermen will win as well, but why is everyone just looking right past Kennedale. They have a damn good team that is going to do some damage this year in the playoffs. I believe they are going to hang strong, but their defense (which is one of their flaws and will hurt them later) is going to lose it for them, b/c evermens offense is just to damn good to stop.

Matthew328
09-23-2002, 08:56 PM
I agree sometimes emotion is huge...but don't think the Bulldogs won't be fired up...they know how big this game is..for a weak district affecting a good team come playoff time...it doesn't matter..check Everman from last year...overall this district is prolly a lil better than Everman's district last year..the key is playing good teams in non-district..as for looking past Kennedale there are some people especially on the pig not giving Kennedale much of a chance..well trust me they have a more than a good chance..they are too good if Everman doesn't play well they could very well lose..but I doubt if the Everman coaches or even the Everman players will look past Kennedale...this is big for Everman as well...this is for bragging rights in the local area and for the district tittle...kinda odd that 2 teams are playing for a district tittle in Week 4...LOL

The One
09-23-2002, 09:29 PM
Kennedale obviously has my respect after last years playoff game with Bridgeport, but I think Everman is on a completely different level of play from Kennedale or Bridgeport. Dont get me wrong Kennedale has atheletes and good ones at that, but Everman has a teamful.
Everman 48
Kennedale 14

Rabbit'93
09-24-2002, 01:09 AM
Everman wins big 42 - 14.

Titans
09-24-2002, 08:20 AM
I haven't seen either team play this year, but saw both last year in the playoffs. Sure it's a new week, but I also base my decision(s) on previous weeks. Kennedale got beat by Crandall 30-16. Everman beat an Oklahoma 6A team and destroyed Crowley. Right there, that tells me something about both.

Kennedale is a good football team and could go far in the Division II playoffs, but from what I've learned this year, they can't stay with Everman....nobody can right now.

My heart says Kennedale, but my head says Everman, and B-I-G.

bleedgreen
09-24-2002, 08:59 AM
I don't see how Everman can score 48 points if Kennedale has a good offense that can eat up the clock. One of the keys to this game is the number of times Everman has to punt. If they have to punt at least 3 times, I believe The Cats can hang close. Call me a realist. I don't think Kennedale has a chance of winning unless Everman makes way too many mistakes. But I would at least like to see a close game. That would move them into the top 15. Kennedale is not getting any respect and Friday night is SHOWTIME.

G'ville-PL
09-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Everman in a blowout. I'm guessing
Everman-42
Kennedale-14

The One
09-24-2002, 10:54 PM
This definatley will be the time to shine for Kennedale, but I just dont see that happening.

this is the way we ball
09-26-2002, 01:34 PM
I heard Kennedale's tailback hurt his knee in practice. Is this true? Is he gonna play?

Wildcat2004
09-26-2002, 05:42 PM
No he didnt hurt his knee. That was Rocky Smith but he hurt it a few weeks ago and he is back.

cts76325i
09-26-2002, 10:12 PM
i have platyed both these teams Everman last two years in games and kennedale the last two years in scrimages and the difference is night and day ... the way i see it is a close first quarter maybe 7 all or eveman by 7 but aftetr that i don;t think kennedale has much of a chance...sorry wildcats i wish you would be goliath but i don't see it happening ...i think 42-7

Matthew328
09-26-2002, 10:42 PM
Kennedale doesn't strike me as a ball-control type team...they seem to be a big play type offense with their good skill kids..as for Everman punting man I don't think they have punted like 4 times all year..and that is no exaggeration..no one has stopped them yet...you are right if they do punt 3 times who knows..I will tell you this...with Darden back in the middle you will see a D-Line that is MUCH better than the last 2 games...good luck to Kennedale I can't wait! I think I'll have to stop at the Burger Box before the game and see if I can talk a lil football with some Kennedale fans!

surfspike
09-27-2002, 12:47 AM
just thinking about the possiblities of this outcome makes me cringe

bleedgreen
09-27-2002, 05:39 AM
I think a sucessful high school football team is 60% coaching, 30% talent and 10% luck. I am amazed at the difference the way Kennedale has played football since Barrett came from Godley and took over the program. I've been watching the Cats since 1971 playing in an old wooden bleacher stadium against the likes of Cedar Hill and other schools that have grown much larger. I liked Dan Yokely who later went to Everman. He took the Cats deep into the playoffs as never before. But Coach Barrett has done an outstanding job of converting a team laden with talent and going nowhere into one that is playing up to it's potential. I never have remembered Kennedale ever having a dominating line on both offense and defense. If we had one this year, there would be no stopping us. But Barrett has inspired the troops to be the best they can be. What I think the Cats have this year is the ability to run so many different offensive plays at whatever defense is thrown at them. The lines have a lot of courage and play their hearts out but Everman from what I hear is as good as lines get. Tonight you'll see Everman caught off balance because you never know what to expect from the offense. I saw it last year against Crane and Alpine. Kennedale is exciting to watch even when you think their down and out. Time to go to work. I'll see you tonight on the board. Keep posting those scores.

evebulldog01
09-27-2002, 10:24 AM
Hey bleeedgreen your right coach Baarrett did come from godley but something you may not have know is that before that he was a coach at Everman. One of your other coaches James Polk played Quarterback for Everman. I got to see Kennedale play last year against Glen Rose in the playoffs and Kennedale was very fortunate to walk off that fieeld with a victory. I also know that the next night we played Forney Highschool who runs the exact same offense that as Matt so elegnatly put it we know like the back of our hand. I can't rember the score off the top of my head but I'm sure someone can reming me. what I do know is this though I have a lot of respect for Kennedale but truth be told you guys are not Forney. As for tonights game I hope it is a close game and that there aren't any major injuries to either schools players. Lets face it who ever wins this game will be district chmaps and who ever looses will,l take second becuae the rest of our district is a freaking joke.

Matthew328
09-27-2002, 11:03 AM
That's right James is a coach at Kennedale now...and Coach Barrett was my freshman world geography teacher at Everman...LOL it wasn't that long ago to be honest...Polk graduated from Everman in 1996 and my freshman year was 94-95...just adds another little side bar to this one...Coach Barrett is a GREAT coach and a great guy...I have always hoped for good things for him and Kennedale's success last year was great...of course I don't wish em much success tonight! LOL

JWALKER
09-27-2002, 11:47 AM
Lets face it who ever wins this game will be district chmaps and who ever looses will,l take second becuae the rest of our district is a freaking joke. [/B][/QUOTE]

You are right you should not be in a district with schools that have close to the same student enrolment as you. (4A) In regards to the rest of the district not being the same level as Everman you are correct. Two schools in the district have enrolment of 700 + students and the remaining have 400 or less. One day Everman will fall, and there will not be as much Hot Air around.

Matthew328
09-27-2002, 05:57 PM
Everman can only play where they are put...for years Everman had an enrollment of 840 and had to play the big boys in 4A with enrollments of 1600 or so...and they didn't cry they competed and competed VERY well...you play the cards you are dealt and that is that...Everman does have a large enrollment but Kennedale has around 600, Diamond Hil and Riverside both are over 800 and Castleberry is close to 800...looks like the only ones crying over spilt milk is Godley and Venus...