PDA

View Full Version : Wylie 50-6 over Early

Gunn08
10-14-2001, 05:28 PM
Wylie on the right track after beating Early 50-6 on Friday. They seemed to be a totally different team, and were very impressive in their district opener.

whsfan
10-14-2001, 06:45 PM
Look for Wylie to start making lot's of believers as they work their way through the 5-3A schedule. Merkel is next in line and left some doubts in their minds last year. Don't think that will be the case this year.

Originally posted by Gunn08:
Wylie on the right track after beating Early 50-6 on Friday. They seemed to be a totally different team, and were very impressive in their district opener.

vfunk
10-14-2001, 07:58 PM
you know, if any other team beat someone 50-6 the wylie people would be on here throwing accusations of running up the score. i stick with my belief that wylie is overrated. if not then i would still like to see an explanation of the closer games they have been playing this year. the first excuse "not wanting to run up the score" obviously didnt pan out since a score of 50 is pretty high up there. so im gonna have to say....OVERRATED!!!

rambo
10-14-2001, 08:15 PM
hey vfunk...just to let you and everyone else know...wylie's 1st string defense didnt touch the field in the 2nd half and the 1st string offense came out in the beginning of the 3rd quarter when the score was 34-0!!!
year of the dawgs 01!!!

stickman
10-14-2001, 08:35 PM
Wylie did all they could to keep from running up the score except sending in the homecoming queen at QB in the second half. It could get worse than 50-6 vs. Merkel. So look for the Homecoming queen to get lots of reps in practice this week.

whsfan
10-14-2001, 09:42 PM
You know Mr. VFUNK if you think so smart and you have Wylie all figured out put your predictions on the line. After all it should be easy for you to predict if Wylie is so "overrated". That way we can see just how smart you are and how overrated the Wylie team is. Let's go!

Wylie vs. Merkel
Wylie vs. Sweetwater
Wylie vs. Clyde
Wylie vs. Ballinger
Wylie vs. Vernon

Originally posted by VFunk:
you know, if any other team beat someone 50-6 the wylie people would be on here throwing accusations of running up the score. i stick with my belief that wylie is overrated. if not then i would still like to see an explanation of the closer games they have been playing this year. the first excuse "not wanting to run up the score" obviously didnt pan out since a score of 50 is pretty high up there. so im gonna have to say....OVERRATED!!!

Gunn08
10-14-2001, 10:36 PM
VFunk, obviously you have no idea how the wylie vs early game went. wylie's starters on "D" didnt touch the field in the second half. the second team played the 3rd quarter, followed by the third team in the fourth quarter. The first team offense went in twice in the 3rd quarter,then the second team in the rest of it. And, after that the 3rd team. 4 different quarterbacks played for wylie, and 9 different players ran the ball on offense. Obviously wylie did not try to run up the score, if they had it would have been in the 80's or 90's. Wylie's mentality is not to run up the score. It is very apparent they tried not to do that. so check out what really happened in the game before u haul off making accusations of running up the score VFunk.

vfunk
10-15-2001, 05:09 PM
good excuses and all, but we say the same thing every week about forney and everman, but yet the wylie kids still give us crap about "running up the score." i dont care if you score 128 points a game...it means nothing to me...i just dont like people who have double standards...thats all...and yeah i did say i think they are overrated...and i still do...i also said i thought forney was...funny i lived and graduated from there..im not trying to take anything away from your school...just stating my opinion...didnt mean to offend...but i never said i was good at predicting scores...so i dont know where that came from. i think wylie will either win district or get second to sweetwater. i never said wylie sucked..i know they are one of the best...2nd best?? i dont believe they are...anymore questions?

superman
10-15-2001, 10:05 PM
vfunk is obviously an idiot

bigdawg
10-16-2001, 12:05 AM
We're overrated?? I think not. And by the way, we played 51 different players in the game, and our third and fourth team running backs were running for touchdowns. I don't think that is too overrated. Also, i don't think Forney is overrated, I think they deserve that #1 spot in the state right now, because they are playing good. And one more thing, I don't see Sweetwater beating Wylie next week, it's not gonna happen!

surfspike
10-16-2001, 01:36 AM
Kudos to wylie on the win, however... the last time I heard anything about early was that they made it to regionals in the playoffs.... OH WAIT NOOO they didnt. I know wylie has a great football program and early seems to lack when sense of power comes into effect. My real question is:
How come they scored on you? I know that the RDMJ power ratings have them ranked very poorly and with wylie being #2 i think, YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SHUT THEM OUT!!!!! Prove me wrong by stomping Sweetwater and you will recieve my utmost respect. GO SWEETWATER

Centex
10-16-2001, 10:07 AM
Just wondering...how freaking big is Wylie if they have 51 players to put into a game? Most of the 3A schools I know of have 25 to 35 varsity players.

Matthew328
10-16-2001, 10:21 AM
Wylie has a lot of kids out for football..I think last year in the semis vs. Everman they had over 60 suit up...there are some 3A's that have a bunch of players...I know Everman suited up 47 last week...

Hornet83
10-16-2001, 10:48 AM
Congrats to Wylie on your season so far!!!!
Gatesville also has 50 players on its varsity
football team which includes 12 seniors 21 juniors and 7 sophomores.I would think any successful program with a good coaching staff
will have the young men in thier schools jumping at the opportunity to be a part of the winning tradition like Wylie and Gatesville have going at this time.Both schools pack the stadiums with fans home and away and the kids want to be a part of that!!
I do not know if every one will agree with this but it is my opinion.Good luck to all on friday and go Hornets!!!!!

Centex
10-16-2001, 01:09 PM
Hornet, I don't disagree with you - winning solves many number problems...I do think, however, that those kind of numbers show the disparity in class 3A. Only 10% of a student body with 750 in it needs to come out at a big 3A to field three teams; whereas it takes almost 25% of the student body at a school on the low end of 3A to field the same number.
Also, a close look at the Gatesville roster, unless some JV kids have been brought up, will show 43 on the varsity.

vfunk
10-16-2001, 01:26 PM
i am an idiot....obviously...right superman?? and why is that again...because i make a valid point and there is nothing else to say? mmhmm....i figured so much...so if you want to talk football go ahead...but most likely...anything you say...i will have something better

rambo
10-16-2001, 02:13 PM
hey surfspike...what the crap do you know??? wylie's starting defense didnt touch the field in the second half of the game against early!! it was our 3rd or 4th string defense that early's 1st string offense scored on!!! know your dang facts before you go running your freakin mouth!!!
year of the dawgs 01!!!

eye of the tiger
10-16-2001, 02:34 PM
Mr Rambo just what part of Surfspike's post upset you. Was it when he said "kudos on your win..." or was it when he said " I know wylie has a great football program..." or was it when he dared to ask a question ? Why so much arragance from you guys? Or should I have not been allowed to dare ask someone from wylie this question? Just wondering.

Idiot
10-16-2001, 03:07 PM
Ok if i may add my 2 cents into thi topic,I agree We (meaning Wylie) have said in the past about other teams running the score up, and most of the ones i know of were about games or teams that had starters left in till LATE in the game(and if this isnt the case then i was wrong when I mentioned that in the past) BUT i can HONSETLY say Wylie did not run the score up, as stated before, 1. the starting Defense did not play ANY the second half, 2.Starting offense played ( i cant remember ) 1 or 2 series in the second half 3. Wylie used 4 diffrent Q.B.'s 4. 6 or 7 diffrent runningbacks. 3 second,third and fourth string defenses the WHOLE second half.I think good clean fun ,ribbing between schools on here is not a bad thing,but i will agree that name calling (in a mean and bad taste way) is not a good thing and i am saying this to ALL schools on here (including the Wylie players and fans)No matter who says what on "here" we all know nothing is determines on here BUT it will all be determined on the field.Ok i am done preaching ,So i say in closeing ....GOOD LUCK TO ALL 3A TEAMS.

vfunk
10-16-2001, 05:38 PM
i appreciate your post Idiot...and i feel kinda wierd callin you that, but thats what your screen name is...hehehe. the point i was trying to get across was that just because teams such as Forney and Everman score a lot of points in games doesnt mean that they are running up the score. they put in their 2nd and 3rd stringers as soon as possible. the thing is...if i were a 3rd stringer id be trying to score...and thats all these kids are doing...they get the least playing time and so when they are in there...they try tha much harder. i just dont want people to accuse good teams of running up the score because for the most part coaches arent like that. no one tries to run the score up, but sometimes a good team just has good backups that are capable of scoring...and if its late in the third quarter how do you tell a 3rd stringer who doesnt play much to not try to score?? i was just trying to make a point and not to accuse wylie of it. anyway...thanks for the post Idiot..and thanks eye of the tiger for getting Surfspikes back!!

stickman
10-16-2001, 08:10 PM
Hey vfunk

You know why superman called you an idiot?
It's because you are an idiot. If you've already graduated from Forney High School then what are you doing hanging out in a high school football forum. Why don't you get a life and do some things college kids do. Oh yeah, I forgot. Your an idot.

Hey, it is true that Spanky from the Little Rascals used to live in Forney?

vfunk
10-16-2001, 09:29 PM
so i guess that makes Matthew an idiot too huh?? hmm i dont think so...call me what you will...doesnt matter. youve obviously never been to college because its not as fun as you probably think it is. maybe when you "sign up" it will be different though. maybe they will teach you spelling so you wont be an "idot" like me...or maybe they will just teach you to grow up and learn something. i laugh at you because i realize how much wiser i am than you, and how you will never be up to my level. i can take the names...and i will continue to do so. if being on here makes me an "idot" then so be it...i guess we all are!!

deliriousmaniac
10-16-2001, 10:12 PM
You two sound like a couple of 1st graders argueing over a crayon.

vfunk
10-16-2001, 10:34 PM
well he has my green and i want it back!!!!

rsjmann
10-17-2001, 09:39 AM
I just hope Sweetwater does not tick off Wylie to bad for winning the district. That would make it even tougher for Wylie to swallow hwen Lamesa gets revenge for last years playoff loss.
At the playoff game last year it looked like Wylie had a 100 kids suited up. Lamesa is lucky to get 50 suited up for the playoffs. I counted last week against Brownfield and Lamesa suited up 35 players and we are the large playoff school in our district. Somebody better check the attendance at Wylie. We may not even have to worry about them Sweetwater beats them and then Ballinger or Merkel upsets them.

eye of the tiger
10-17-2001, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by VFunk:
well he has my green and i want it back!!!!

Nice try to defuse the situation Vfunk, but you have to remember who you are dealing with and they have shown many times that they have no sense humor or class for that matter. And besides I thought it was the orange and the black crayolas, not green. oh well it was still a nice try

vfunk
10-17-2001, 11:40 AM
these wylie kids dont give up do they. man...im glad i dont live there...what do their parents feed them.

mark838
10-17-2001, 12:10 PM
I would like to say a few words in defense of Wylie. These same few guys have been hammering me too, but Wylie is a strong Christian community and I know many fine people there. These kids that are slamming everybody on these websites are not representative of the school or community as a whole.

Idiot
10-17-2001, 12:30 PM
Very well said Mark838, I agree 100%, I am from Wylie And some of what is said makes me have to defend Wylie as a whole,Wylie is a nice place .

vfunk
10-17-2001, 12:59 PM
sorry to down wylie...i guess youre right about the people from there...im sure most are great. im just tired of these kids who cant accept that others may have opinions of their own

bigdawg
10-18-2001, 12:51 AM
Does anyone have a pair of black rabbits for sale? The ones that wear boots.

PurpleMonkey11
10-18-2001, 09:07 PM
Well, I just have one thing to say about Wylie. It doesn't matter how many kids suit out or how high the score was its all about who keeps winning. The score means little when you see that lone 15-0 next to a team's name. don't forget that. Dogs '01

lukedawg
10-19-2001, 04:27 PM
thats right purplemonkey

yall all can say what yall want to but when yall see Wylie's record after they win state yall can all shut yalls mouths, because they will be it the state game.