PDA

View Full Version : Liberty HIl-45 Llano-0

Harry_MAN
11-02-2002, 05:29 PM
What about that Burnet.Yall only beat them 35-0.
We coming for ya!!

Go Panthers!!!!

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 05:45 PM
You're absolutely right Burnet only did beat them 35 - 0. However, if you're not going to take in the fact the starters were yanked early that's fine. So let's take this a step further.

Burnet has outscored District opponents 166 - 28. Meanwhile Liberty Hill has outscored opponents 151 - 50. While the edge in scoring and D goes to Burnet let's look at all of the individual games.

Burnet shuts out Ingram this last game with a 54 - 0 drubbing yet LH allows Ingram to score 14 against them. Also, Burnet shuts out Llano and yes only scored 35 vs LH's 45. Now the most legitimate test to date for LH was Bandera. LH gives up 28 pts to them while Burnet only allowed 14. There are alot of things we can take from the stats and everything pts to Burnet with the obvious edge.

I am not taking anything away from a good season LH has had however I don't believe they are up at Burnet's level. None of the teams LH have played had a multi-weapon offense like Burnet. So it's hard for anyone to say what exactly will happen when you meet Burnet except that if you're a betting man you'd put money on the Dawgs.

Yes it's HS football and anything can happen. But there is nothing substantial that most logical people wouldn't conclude the game will go to Burnet. Yes there are the LH faithful who will argue this but there won't be any arguing after this coming Friday.

Go Dawgs!

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBulldog ]</small>

Puppetmaster101
11-02-2002, 06:10 PM
Man why don't you just say they suck already and stop trying to say it nice.Dont mean to be rude LH fans its not me saying that!! eek!

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Puppetmaster as funny as that sounded I'm truly not saying LH sucks. They have a very good team and it will be the best matchup this year for both teams. But in the long run there will be no competing with Burnet for the entire game. It won't be a blow out and it will be Burnet by at least two touchdowns.

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Puppetmaster as funny as that sounded I'm truly not saying LH sucks. They have a very good team and it will be the best matchup this year for both teams. But in the long run there will be no competing with Burnet for the entire game. It won't be a blow out and it will be Burnet by at least two touchdowns.

KILLA
11-02-2002, 06:21 PM
LH doesn't have the corps of athletes that Burnet has, but when the game is on the line we make plays. HUGE plays!

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 06:26 PM
Well I hope that is a true statement KILLA. I hope LH makes enough plays to keep this a good tough game unlike the blowouts experienced this Friday by both teams.

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 07:30 PM
What I would truly like to see would be both LH and Burnet win their Divisions to have the first co-district teams win. Would make for an awesome story if this took place. We'll see how tough LH plays before we can make that kind of assessment. But if LH is the real deal this scenario is very possible. My eyes will be on the D of LH...if they hold Burnet close I think they have a shot to go far.

LH_PANTHER
11-02-2002, 08:50 PM
I think district stats for both teams are in the past and we need to keep them there. This is a one game season for the district championship. Both teams need to play hard and respect each other. Liberty Hill will need to control the clock and try to keep Burnet's offense on the bench. If that happens and we can get some 8 minute drives it will be close. If we cannot put together long drives it could be a very long night. This game is representing the very best the state has to offer. So may the best team win. Good luck to both teams. Beat the hell out of Burnet!!!!!!

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 12:37 AM
Nah...district stats and stats in general are what makes up the rankings and the debates that happen between fans. I know you're saying that we should forget everything and that this is one HS game where anything could happen. But it's football, a team sport which thrives on stats and how well you do.

So doing a team by team comparison of similar teams played by Burnet and Liberty Hill gives a good measuring stick for the game. Not to mention gives LH a good idea that they are in trouble. ;-)