PDA

View Full Version : Phil's Delema

Phil C
08-14-2003, 09:32 AM
I have been a big supportor of Sinton Pirate sports for years but I have a delema that is coming next Tuesday at the volleyball game at the Pirate Gym starting at 5:00 P.M. when the Lady Pirates meet the Lady Freer Buckaroos. My delema is who do I root for the Lady Pirates who I have cheered for years or the Lady Buckaroos. I am a Freer graduate and ran track there and had the honor to be voted senior class favorite by my classmates. My heart is with the Lady Pirates but my roots are at Freer. I am determined to made a definate decision by game time and not some middle of the road type thing like sitting on one side part of the time and going to the other side. I probably won't know till game time what I will do. What will win? The heart or the roots. We will see.

Phil C
08-14-2003, 09:35 AM
I need some advice and guidance especially from Ranger Mom. :)

Ranger Mom
08-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Well Phil, I don't know what to tell you, but...my Greenwood Rangers are scrimmaging my alma-mater, the Coahoma Bulldogs on Saturday.

You can bet your sweet dollar I will be cheering for my Rangers, the entire time!

I follow the Bulldogs and hope they do well, except for against the Rangers. My husband played for Crane and we follow Crane as well, but when they played the Rangers, we were Greenwood Fans thru and thru.

In my opinion, your loyalty lies with the Pirates...but that has to be up to you!! :p

Good Luck! :D

RBARKER
08-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Somebody has a crush on Ranger Mom :rolleyes:

Just messin with ya. Always stay with your roots there will be other games to cheer for Sinton. IMHO

Ranger Mom
08-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Wow Phil...what to do?? You now have 2 opposite responses to your question.

I understand where RBarker is coming from. I don't know anything about either one of you, but in my case, I still have friends in Coahoma, but I haven't been to school there for 20 years. On the other hand, I have 4 out of 5 of my kids going to school in Greenwood. Two of the 4 are involved in athletics. Of course, Coahoma is 2-A and Greenwood is 3-A, so it's never gonna be a "real" game for marbles anyway!!

sinton66
08-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Heh, heh, you could just root for the one that's gonna win. wink

3afan
08-14-2003, 08:25 PM
its volleyball ..... your goal should be to stay awake

PhiI C
08-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Tomorrow is the day that I must decide whether the Heart or the Roots win out.

slpybear the bullfan
08-18-2003, 10:50 PM
VOLLEYBALL? what's that?

PhiI C
08-19-2003, 10:23 PM
The Heart won. It was tough but I supported the Sinton Pirates. They had three teams playing which were Goliad, Freer, and Sinton. Sinton won both of their matches and I cheered them on. However I got to cheer for Freer when they played Goliad and Freer won.

sinton66
08-19-2003, 10:35 PM
See , it all worked out for the best. :D

Ranger Mom
08-20-2003, 08:21 AM
PhiI C:
The Heart won. It was tough but I supported the Sinton Pirates. They had three teams playing which were Goliad, Freer, and Sinton. Sinton won both of their matches and I cheered them on. However I got to cheer for Freer when they played Goliad and Freer won.I tried to tell you!!!! :D

PhiI C
08-24-2003, 09:35 AM
OMG! REMATCH RANGER MOM! There is another tri volleyball tournament in Sinton on September 13 at 10:00 A.M. between SINTON, FREER, and King HS of Corpus Christi. A decision must be made again. :( REMATCH!!

sinton66
08-24-2003, 11:50 AM
I'd never have that problem. Born and raised in Sinton, Pirate fan through and through. I've lived other places and cheered their teams while there, but Sinton is home and heart, plain and simple. When facing Sinton, I can't even imagine rooting for anyone else. At present, my home is outside of Odem, but there has been no conflict of interest on my part when they've met in the past. I'll cheer for Odem as long as they're not playing Sinton.

Phil C
08-25-2003, 08:11 AM
But that is the point Sinton 66. You are a Sinton ex but I am an old Freer ex! So you see the delema now right? :)

Ranger Mom
08-25-2003, 08:30 AM
Do you have kids in Sinton ISD?? Because I DO have kids in Greenwood, that is where my heart is. I have NO ties to where I grew up. We have all moved off over the years. So the decision is easy for me!

Phil C
08-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Yes Ranger Mom both of my boys (ages 10 and 12)have lived in Sinton all their lives and are Sinton Pirates. In fact my wife has too. But you know how it is with the roots.

Phil C
08-26-2003, 04:21 PM
The day is getting closer. At least we got to enjoy the Spurs beating the Nets for the 2003 NBA championship! BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!!

sinton66
08-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Phil, best I can tell you is to follow your heart. You can't go too far wrong doing that. Do you still know any of the families from Freer that will have kids playing on their team?

Phil C
08-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Yes Sinton 66 I know some of the Freer parents whose kids play for the Lady Buckaroos. Of course at this point and time I know more Sinton parents whose kids play for the Lady Pirates. But they all understand the delema I am in when Sinton plays Freer. But you have good advise and thank you.

Phil C
08-31-2003, 08:31 AM
Never mind! The heart won and I cheered for the Sinton Pirates. I will cheer for Freer as long as they do not play Sinton though but when you have been at a new place for over 20 years and your kids got to Sinton ISD and your wife was born and raised in Sinton it makes a difference. Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! and Go Freer Buckaroos and Lady Buckaroos - Only exception when you play Sinton!

Ranger Mom
08-31-2003, 09:01 AM
Phil, if you had just listened to Dr. RangerMom, you could have saved yourself all the emotional turmoil!! :D :p :D