PDA

View Full Version : An Everman family is hurting right now......

bulldog65
12-15-2002, 07:27 PM
An Everman family is really hurting right now, our school, our community, our friend, player, and classmate.
What should be a joyfull celebration has turned into sadness and fear of the unknown. What parent doesn't push aside the thought that that could be their child laying motionless on the turf? It's not fair. It tears at our heart and soul that a 17 year old could be permanantly injured. I am going to ask a favor of some people I have never met...but thru the 3A Downlow, I feel like I know you . Pray for Corey and his family. Put the things that really matter in the forefront of life, and ask God to lay his hands on this young man and his family and nurture them. May God Bless you all, Bruce,Judy, Shana, Katie, and Joey Moore.

sinton66
12-15-2002, 07:32 PM
Dear Lord, make it so. Please touch this family as only you can.

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Us people in Burnet will be keeping Corey in our prayers.We wish him the best of luck and we are hoping for the 1% recovery chance that somebody said he has. Corey and family, God will take care of you. This is sad that something this terible has happened to such a young man who has so much ahead of him. I think that this game was one of the worst games that both teams has played all year.

Old Dog
12-15-2002, 07:47 PM
The Burnet Presbyterian Church added Corey to their prayer list his morning. I feel sure he is on dozens of lists across the area and will be added to many more. I spoke with many Burnet people that were at the game Saturday and all were concerned about Corey, not about losing the game. If any assistance fund is set up in Everman, please post it on this site.

halliegirl
12-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Old Dog:
The Burnet Presbyterian Church added Corey to their prayer list his morning. I feel sure he is on dozens of lists across the area and will be added to many more. I spoke with many Burnet people that were at the game Saturday and all were concerned about Corey, not about losing the game. If any assistance fund is set up in Everman, please post it on this site.

halliegirl
12-15-2002, 08:12 PM
i think i messed up trying to post this but maybe this one will work. i wanted to say that corey was also added to the prayer list at our church and i know for a fact my familys (who came to see the game) who live in midland, tx. i am sure he is on others. just thought that it might be a reassurence to his family that he is on our minds.

oldcat1978
12-15-2002, 08:32 PM
I heard that an asistance fund is going to be set up at the Bank One located at the corner of I-35W and Everman Parkway. The phone book lists a general number for the area at (817) 884-4000. I know I am going to donate!

eighterman
12-15-2002, 09:57 PM
Just wanted to let you know that he was added to our prayer list in Decatur First Baptist Church. Our thoughts and prayers are with this family. God listens.

eye of the tiger
12-15-2002, 10:05 PM
I will light a candle for Corey and he will stay in my prayers as will his family, coaches, and teamates

Rabbit'93
12-16-2002, 02:21 AM
My prayers are with Corey that the lord will heal him. Things happen for a reason and this is all in His plan for this young man. Although it seems unfair to us He knows what is best. Godspeed Corey!!!!!!